test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Summer Sale and Zen Sales!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,672 Community Manager
Until July 8th, take 25% off everything in the C-store on PC and PS4!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11196543

PC Captains can get a bonus when they charge for Zen!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11196553

Captains on PS4 can save on Zen this weekend - Xbox Sale coming soon!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/playstation/star-trek-online/news/detail/11196563
Post edited by ambassadorkael#6946 on

Comments

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Typo in Charge Bonus. It says starting July 2nd at 9AM PT, you mean July 3rd. There was no Charge Bonus when I tried to order at 8:30 AM PT earlier. I will wait until later today.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,295 Arc User
    Dang, and i thought the dilithium exchange rate was beyond ridiculous yesterday.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • baronviolent#6901 baronviolent Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    Hello!

When I go to purchase $100 worth of Zen through Steam, It's showing me 10000 Zen + 2500, not 3500 that the chart at the link above indicates. My PC just patched - is there something else I need to do?
    edited July 2019
    > @baronviolent#6901 said:
    > Hello!
    >
    > When I go to purchase $100 worth of Zen through Steam, It's showing me 10000 Zen + 2500, not 3500 that the chart at the link above indicates. My PC just patched - is there something else I need to do?

I'm not sure but the Charge Bonus may not be availible through Steam?

It may also depend on your Time zone. I don't think that this Bonus started until Today, July 3rd, at 9 AM PT.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    > @ltminns said:
    > > @baronviolent#6901 said:
    > > Hello!
    > >
    > > When I go to purchase $100 worth of Zen through Steam, It's showing me 10000 Zen + 2500, not 3500 that the chart at the link above indicates. My PC just patched - is there something else I need to do?
    >
    > I'm not sure but the Charge Bonus may not be availible through Steam?

Steam is on the list of payment processors that qualify for the bonus. Hmm...
    See my revision to that post. > @baronviolent#6901 said:
    > > @ltminns said:
    > > > @baronviolent#6901 said:
    > > > Hello!
    > > >
    > > > When I go to purchase $100 worth of Zen through Steam, It's showing me 10000 Zen + 2500, not 3500 that the chart at the link above indicates. My PC just patched - is there something else I need to do?
    > >
    > > I'm not sure but the Charge Bonus may not be availible through Steam?
    >
    > Steam is on the list of payment processors that qualify for the bonus. Hmm...

See my revision to that post.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    > @ltminns said:
    > See my revision to that post. > @baronviolent#6901 said:
    > > > @ltminns said:
    > > > > @baronviolent#6901 said:
    > > > > Hello!
    > > > >
    > > > > When I go to purchase $100 worth of Zen through Steam, It's showing me 10000 Zen + 2500, not 3500 that the chart at the link above indicates. My PC just patched - is there something else I need to do?
    > > >
    > > > I'm not sure but the Charge Bonus may not be availible through Steam?
    > >
    > > Steam is on the list of payment processors that qualify for the bonus. Hmm...
    >
    > See my revision to that post.

Ah, thank you. I'm two hours behind PT, so I should be in the zone. I'll give it some more time and if it still doesn't work maybe I'll try a different payment option. Thanks for your help and suggestions!
  • herrgis#1415 herrgis Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    > > > > @baronviolent#6901 said:
    > > > > Hello!
    > > > >
    > > > > When I go to purchase $100 worth of Zen through Steam, It's showing me 10000 Zen + 2500, not 3500 that the chart at the link above indicates. My PC just patched - is there something else I need to do?

Note... "Steam (Steam Purchases receive the bonus but do not receive extra ZEN for buying in bulk)"

For 10000 Zen there is a bonus of +2500 Zen with this sale when purchased though Steam.
    For 10000 Zen purchases using _non-steam_ funds there is an additional bulk purchase bonus of +1000 zen (for a total of +3500 zen).

So when you purchase zen through steam, you don't qualify for the additional +1000zen bulk purchase bonus.
    You do qualify for this (+1000) bulk purchase bonus when using Arc payment, giving you the +3500 you see in the chart.

It is a bit confusing until you see the details in how the bonuses stack in an Arc purchase vs. Steam wallet purchase.

Enjoy,
    You need to think of Star Trek Online as a marathon, not a sprint. Senlac t'Karveth
    Sometimes the Universe allows for the making of unexpected memories. Philippa Georgiou
    No matter your shame, gather your strength. Find a way to help those in need. Sarek of Vulcan
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,295 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    I> @questerius said:
    > Dang, and i thought the dilithium exchange rate was beyond ridiculous yesterday.

Phoenix event required ;)

For at least two months...
    Anyway, the discount allowed me to grab the cardassian species i had my eye on for some time. Waited for a discount on it.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
    > @"herrgis#1415" said:
    > So when you purchase zen through steam, you don't qualify for the additional +1000zen bulk purchase bonus.
    > You do qualify for this (+1000) bulk purchase bonus when using Arc payment, giving you the +3500 you see in the chart.
    >
    > It is a bit confusing until you see the details in how the bonuses stack in an Arc purchase vs. Steam wallet purchase.
    >
    > Enjoy,

Ahhh, okay. Thank you for the explanation - you're right, it is a little confusing!

Have a good day everyone!
  • tribalcrisertribalcriser Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Hello !

Until July 8th, take 25% off everything in the C-store on PC and PS4!

this is actually not active on XboxOne! I have write on the German Forum, but no one of PWE have interest of this...

• baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,210 Community Moderator
    Yes, @tribalcriser , read the OP again.
    Captains on PS4 can save on Zen this weekend - Xbox Sale coming soon!

GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • drcybertronic5drcybertronic5 Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    Hi, I wonder can you make the Summer Sale longer please?
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,475 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    Hi, I wonder can you make the Summer Sale longer please?

OK, question is WHY?
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    Well, I broke-down & bought some zen then used it to purchase the EC cap increase & the account-wide bank unlock. I feel pretty good about my purchases even though I know there's been deeper discounts at times (-30%). I had a chance once before to purchae these 2 things & I passed them up then regretted it so not this time. I think that zen bonus & discount is a good combo.
  • thechervilthechervil Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    So when the Xbox sale is active, will you have the Master Key sale again?
    Because it says the Master Key Ring is 25% off with the Summer Sale, but since Xbox doesn't get the summer sale, we aren't saving anything off the Master Key Ring.

Was going to buy it until I realized this.
    Saving my money now in hopes you'll do something.
  • thechervilthechervil Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    Okay! So good job guys! (Seriously!)

Not only is there a 25% off EVERYTHING in the Zen store on Xbox but I was also able to get 15% off of 2K Zen as well!
    Now to decide what to spend my newfound wealth on (rubs hands together Ferengily)