test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The 2019 Risian Lohlunat Festival!

Comments

• baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,296 Community Moderator
    @lexers615#4253 Are you referring to the Samba? Those are character unlocks.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Probably referring to the Swish and Cupid Dance Emotes that you purchase with Lohlunats.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Yay. Nothing says tropical beach in the height of summer like... baseball outfits.
    Ridiculous.

Interest in this event = zero.

I mean competitive volleyball is quite popular these days and there's mini-golf, beach frisbee, limbo, kite-flying, tug of war, parasailing, something with making sand angels would be more appropriate?

Cryptic has allowed the wrong person to manage this event!
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    Snow angels would be appropriate for winter event.
  • captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    avoozuul wrote: »
    Snow angels would be appropriate for winter event.

And you're opposed to "sand angels" for ......... ?
  • siotaylorsiotaylor Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    Right now my problem with the LOLnut festival is the lag and rubberbanding whenever I ride a hover board. Several times I lose all direction control and drift off in a random direction, occasionally backwards and up into the sky, only to be disqualified from whatever race I'm in just in time to fall to the ground for several hundred points of damage. Last biathlon I was in, by board vanished a little before the last corner, and so I just carried on for a while and then abruptly did a 90 degree turn!!!???? and floated into the hillside... again, disqualified...

Looks like the only time I can race in this game is at 3am my time... which is not when I am at my best, reflex wise... oh well, at least I win most of the races I get to complete - not all, but enough to keep me interested.
  • lexers615#4253 lexers615 Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    @lexers615#4253 Are you referring to the Samba? Those are character unlocks.
    I already know that the Samba and Samba (Advanced) are character unlocks, I was talking about Swish, Cupid, and the others.
    edited July 2019
    siotaylor wrote: »
    Right now my problem with the LOLnut festival is the lag and rubberbanding whenever I ride a hover board. Several times I lose all direction control and drift off in a random direction, occasionally backwards and up into the sky, only to be disqualified from whatever race I'm in just in time to fall to the ground for several hundred points of damage. Last biathlon I was in, by board vanished a little before the last corner, and so I just carried on for a while and then abruptly did a 90 degree turn!!!???? and floated into the hillside... again, disqualified...

Looks like the only time I can race in this game is at 3am my time... which is not when I am at my best, reflex wise... oh well, at least I win most of the races I get to complete - not all, but enough to keep me interested.
    Very same happened to me at least 5 times so far. I do the race, which I need to do at a reduced speed as I have poor reflexes, but my toon constantly gets relocated because of the constant server issues. It usually gets me disqualified as either I'm relocated outside of the recognized track or the server think I somehow left the track as I'm being relocated. From the amount of cussing, cursing, and foul language during races, I get I'm far from the only one experiencing this.

Here's a positive note: A few minutes ago, I joined a biathlon race with a new toon using rental gear. There were 6+ of us at the start of the race. I finished second as only 3 of us got to finish line.
    Post edited by lexers615#4253 on
  • siotaylorsiotaylor Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    siotaylor wrote: »

Very same happened to me at least 5 times so far. I do the race, which I need to do at a reduced speed as I have poor reflexes, but my toon constantly gets relocated because of the constant server issues. It usually gets me disqualified as either I'm relocated outside of the recognized track or the server think I somehow left the track as I'm being relocated. From the amount of cussing, cursing, and foul language during races, I get I'm far from the only one experiencing this.

Oh I expect you're right... but <mode=sarcastic>since this is the first year they've had powerboard races, we can't expect it to work perfectly</mode>.
    edited July 2019
    (Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    TOTALLY IN LOVE with the new sky. :) It is beautiful. :)

Love Risa in perpetual sunset/moon rise mode.
    Should have led off with that idea the first year day/night had to go.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Yup.
    I still suck at the Biathlon transition, though.
    Oh well... don't spend enough time on the game, these days.

Just in it for the new Risian Corvette and the freebie Admiralty card that comes with.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • tobywitczaktobywitczak Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    I would really like to see a GPL for Lohlunat Favor via the Dabo Table. This would work at giving people something to Burn GPL on and gives something useful during the summer event. Even in the rate was 10:1 or 100:1 or if it was for the Three of a kind or better.
    NX-01 Hat.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • cristonic2cristonic2 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    Still haven't fixed Risa's Day/Night Issues ? You make enjoying this game a little harder every time you ruin something like this. Honestly, you have a day/night cycle on Bajor, so why not fix Risa ?
    Cannot fix it with Lighting 2.0 that is why they settled on permanent Dusk this year.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    RNGesus! Quit complaining about baseball already. :unamused:

Yeah, what we need are beach towels for the 'Skirt' option for the lower body. Just perfect for lounging around the beach. Kilts and skants are in need of company.

This is a fantastic idea. I would only add a sarong to it for maximum beachiosity.
    cristonic2 wrote: »
    Still haven't fixed Risa's Day/Night Issues ? You make enjoying this game a little harder every time you ruin something like this. Honestly, you have a day/night cycle on Bajor, so why not fix Risa ?
    ltminns wrote: »
    Cannot fix it with Lighting 2.0 that is why they settled on permanent Dusk this year.

For he whom you are quoting: Umm, there's no day/night cycle on Bajor now, either.

For you: Dusk is the period after sunset when there is still light in the sky, so this is not that.
    Yay. Nothing says tropical beach in the height of summer like... baseball outfits.
    Ridiculous.

I mean competitive volleyball is quite popular these days and there's mini-golf, beach frisbee, limbo, kite-flying, tug of war, parasailing, something with making sand angels would be more appropriate?

We already have the outfits for those. They're general swimwear. Putting anything else in as an activity will mean 2 hours or more between Horga'hn hunts, or Dance parties, or whatever else, so gets a no vote from me until we can choose between multiple activities at one time.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
    So Sunset then, OK. Feel better?
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 636 Arc User
    I hope they add Discovery marks as one of the choices when trading in birds/monkeys before the event ends, instead of waiting a year like they did with Gamma.
  • zenaliszenalis Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Can we NOT do this thing about "Dixie," please? It's NOT part of the event, never even made it to Tribble, so in reality was never actually part of the game to begin with. And since it isn't part of the event, this discussion about it is derailing discussion of this year's event. So, let's drop it and move on.

And therein lies the actual problem, and it's exactly why we should be "doing this thing" as you describe it. It's not that the horn was taken out because someone on a subReddit somewhere said that it might potentially be offensive to someone, somewhere, somehow at some point in history, though certainly that in itself is disturbing. It's that someone who may not even be a user complained about something which might be offensive, and Cryptic responded within a day, while there have been bugs, some of them quite game breaking (events in missions and PvE queues not triggering as they're supposed to, forcing players to start over, certain tables resetting themselves, mainly traits nowadays, the list really does go on) which players (y'know, the people who have made the game profitable?) have complained about, and which have been ignored for YEARS. Say what you want about some good ol' boy equivalent of a showtoon but that is the bad optics, and I'm not altogether sure I'm really amenable to playing a game whose owners demonstrate that kind of skewed priority set anymore.
  • daderganonumbersdaderganonumbers Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    Next year: straw hats? ...of varying styles? Cowboy, boater, conical, safari, Panama Jack, etc.

I know there's not a lot of precedent for hats in Trek, and I'm sure 25c medicine will have conquered my ginger-ness, but I still like to be safe in the sun.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    With the lower sun the ship should have been angled better to show it off in a better light instead of giving it that rusty hulk look from the sunsets. Loading screen suggests there's some blue in the paintjob so angling it a bit by dipping the nose would show that while reducing the orangey glow caused by the suns.

Rubberbanding after the last patch seems to have not been reduced but in fact replaced with the juddering of micro-rubberbands instead. Even less pleasant than the original form.

Wondering at what point the console lander will become relevant as it's STILL advertising the featured TFO for the satellite which ended a couple of weeks ago. On going issue with the lander having been added without much thought about how to actually use the damn thing to promote stuff as it happens and pruning the old stuff when it ends.
  • daderganonumbersdaderganonumbers Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    Ridiculous.

To play devil's advocate, it's appropriate because there's precedent in Trek for baseball because of the Sisko. Otherwise, I'd say let's have gridiron football and ice hockey gear in the winter event.

Water polo?
  • alyxvixen#3895 alyxvixen Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    Have they got around to dealing with the issue of TOS Tellerites using the baseball caps?
    edited July 2019
    Have they got around to dealing with the issue of TOS Tellerites using the baseball caps?

Or Ferengis' when using any sunglasses. Doubtful it will ever be addressed.
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    anodynes wrote: »
    RNGesus! Quit complaining about baseball already. :unamused:

Yeah, what we need are beach towels for the 'Skirt' option for the lower body. Just perfect for lounging around the beach. Kilts and skants are in need of company.

This is a fantastic idea. I would only add a sarong to it for maximum beachiosity.
    cristonic2 wrote: »
    ltminns wrote: »

For he whom you are quoting: Umm, there's no day/night cycle on Bajor now, either.

For you: Dusk is the period after sunset when there is still light in the sky, so this is not that.
    Ridiculous.

We already have the outfits for those. They're general swimwear. Putting anything else in as an activity will mean 2 hours or more between Horga'hn hunts, or Dance parties, or whatever else, so gets a no vote from me until we can choose between multiple activities at one time.

While sandcastle building has been knocked off the scheduled (boosted lulonut
    Ridiculous.

To play devil's advocate, it's appropriate because there's precedent in Trek for baseball because of the Sisko. Otherwise, I'd say let's have gridiron football and ice hockey gear in the winter event.

Water polo?

So far we have ski outfits from the Winter Event.... I feel a space cold coming up.... *achoo!*
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User

Or Ferengis' when using any sunglasses. Doubtful it will ever be addressed.

My Ferengi's jealous of Leck. :sunglasses:
    Next year could we get?:
    -Endeavor grants Favors
    -Doff missions grant Favors (like the Winter event does)
    -Risasin forehead art
    -Rainbow Energy Bat'leths
    -Vic Fontaine Purple or Gold Quality Holo Doff Entertainer (if you get likeness rights of course)

Not sure about the Endeavour, but I second everything else you said!
  • sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 636 Arc User
    I'm glad they added Discovery Marks as a choice when trading in monkeys & birds, this is why I held off on trading in the lion's share until now, I can finally start getting my other characters up to speed on the newest reputation.