test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The 2019 Risian Lohlunat Festival!

Comments

• avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 2,409 Arc User
    Yes you can pick and choose, but the ones I want to do are spread out further more than the rest of them per event cycle.
    We did not come here to tell people what and what not to believe in, everyone awakens at their own pace and way.

Love is what truly matters.
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited July 3
    RNGesus! Quit complaining about baseball already. :unamused:

Yeah, what we need are beach towels for the 'Skirt' option for the lower body. Just perfect for lounging around the beach. Kilts and skants are in need of company.
  • lexers615#4253 lexers615 Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    Yeah, what we need are beach towels for the 'Skirt' option for the lower body. Just perfect for lounging around the beach. Kilts and skants are in need of company.
    I second that! This and of course Risa relatied DOff assignments. "Grant the crew a leave on Risa" already exists in space, why not implement it while on Risa's surface? And why not duplicate some of the Winter event, and then relabel them according to the current event? For example, the "Espionage" assignment "Find Q's true intentions" could become "Spy on <rival faction> officers on leave", "Host a holiday feast" could become "Grant officers a day leave <by the beach/snorkeling/[whatever other activity]>", etc... Holiday item granted as a reward would be replace by Favours, with a possible epic output, like an "Egg", random "powerboard"/"jetpack". Sky's the limit, and setting double critical requirement would prevent abusing the new DOff assignment. Like "Eggs" only being a critical drop on a critical success. Sky's the limit!
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    I was just wanting to comment about the Risian themed vanity shields. First, thank you, Cryptic, for making them accessible to all ships. For some of us this might be the first vanity shield we use which leads me to my suggestion for consideration. Make these vanity shields account-bound instead of character-bound & if too late then perhaps for any possible future similar situations & items. The reason is since there's no method of telling how a vanity shield will look on a particular ship unless one buys it or maybe if we're lucky there's some YouTube video of someone displaying a particular vanity shield on a particular ship since there's no method of previewing. If the vanity shields are account bound at least, probably most, players can switch them all up amongst a player's characters to see any likes & dislikes then buy accordingly. Not all of us are "space rich" to be able to afford all the lohlunats & or farm them with a roster of characters. For myself, that is why I've never invested in any of the Reputation vanity shields unless I've been able to see someone else's on a ship I was considering it for. I don't want to spend the resources to only learn what it will look like after the fact. Again, allowing these vanity shields, & maybe more in the future, to be account-bound instead of character-bound would allow easier previewing so players could make a more informed decision about which shield for which ship instead of just buying & hoping it looks good, thanks, & I hope it will be at least considered.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,266 Arc User
    You should be able to use the tribble server to preview vanity shields. Copy your character over to tribble and buy the shields you want. Copy your character as many times as you want to test it out as many times as you want. Then buy it for real on the holodeck (normal) server.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    You should be able to use the tribble server to preview vanity shields. Copy your character over to tribble and buy the shields you want. Copy your character as many times as you want to test it out as many times as you want. Then buy it for real on the holodeck (normal) server.

A nice good idea. I still wish Cryptic would've just made them account-bound to make it easier for players to preview. After earning enough of those lohlunats for the 6 vanity shields I could've just switched back & forth then bought any extra for alt-characters that I prefered. Not everyone has done that copy/character/tribble thing yet, but probably should.
  • tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,482 Arc User

A nice good idea. I still wish Cryptic would've just made them account-bound to make it easier for players to preview. After earning enough of those lohlunats for the 6 vanity shields I could've just switched back & forth then bought any extra for alt-characters that I prefered. Not everyone has done that copy/character/tribble thing yet, but probably should.

Lohlunats are currently running between 9-10 mil for a thousand... not to bad of a price for a single vanity shield. Especially compared to the lockbox ones...
  • atroxvincentiusatroxvincentius Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    No new ground kit modules? HHhmmm....that's sad. So I have to ask, when is there going to be the ability to beam to the Risa baseball field?
    Talking about account unlocks and character unlocks, could anyone tell me if the Lohlunat Dances are character or account unlocked upon purchase? So far, I've found just as many links on saying they are account and character unlocked...
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 6,206 Community Moderator
    @lexers615#4253 Are you referring to the Samba? Those are character unlocks.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of PWE/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of PWE/Cryptic
    Contact Customer Support --> https://support.arcgames.com
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online? Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 9,665 Arc User
    Probably referring to the Swish and Cupid Dance Emotes that you purchase with Lohlunats.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!
    Judge Dan Haywood
  • captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited July 5
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Yay. Nothing says tropical beach in the height of summer like... baseball outfits.
    Ridiculous.

Interest in this event = zero.

I mean competitive volleyball is quite popular these days and there's mini-golf, beach frisbee, limbo, kite-flying, tug of war, parasailing, something with making sand angels would be more appropriate?

Cryptic has allowed the wrong person to manage this event!
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 2,409 Arc User
    Snow angels would be appropriate for winter event.
    We did not come here to tell people what and what not to believe in, everyone awakens at their own pace and way.

Love is what truly matters.
  • captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 534 Arc User
    avoozuul wrote: »
    Snow angels would be appropriate for winter event.

And you're opposed to "sand angels" for ......... ?
  • siotaylorsiotaylor Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    Right now my problem with the LOLnut festival is the lag and rubberbanding whenever I ride a hover board. Several times I lose all direction control and drift off in a random direction, occasionally backwards and up into the sky, only to be disqualified from whatever race I'm in just in time to fall to the ground for several hundred points of damage. Last biathlon I was in, by board vanished a little before the last corner, and so I just carried on for a while and then abruptly did a 90 degree turn!!!???? and floated into the hillside... again, disqualified...

Looks like the only time I can race in this game is at 3am my time... which is not when I am at my best, reflex wise... oh well, at least I win most of the races I get to complete - not all, but enough to keep me interested.
    What this game needs is a T6 Oberth Class!
    @lexers615#4253 Are you referring to the Samba? Those are character unlocks.
    I already know that the Samba and Samba (Advanced) are character unlocks, I was talking about Swish, Cupid, and the others.
    edited July 5
    siotaylor wrote: »
    Right now my problem with the LOLnut festival is the lag and rubberbanding whenever I ride a hover board. Several times I lose all direction control and drift off in a random direction, occasionally backwards and up into the sky, only to be disqualified from whatever race I'm in just in time to fall to the ground for several hundred points of damage. Last biathlon I was in, by board vanished a little before the last corner, and so I just carried on for a while and then abruptly did a 90 degree turn!!!???? and floated into the hillside... again, disqualified...

Looks like the only time I can race in this game is at 3am my time... which is not when I am at my best, reflex wise... oh well, at least I win most of the races I get to complete - not all, but enough to keep me interested.
    Very same happened to me at least 5 times so far. I do the race, which I need to do at a reduced speed as I have poor reflexes, but my toon constantly gets relocated because of the constant server issues. It usually gets me disqualified as either I'm relocated outside of the recognized track or the server think I somehow left the track as I'm being relocated. From the amount of cussing, cursing, and foul language during races, I get I'm far from the only one experiencing this.

Here's a positive note: A few minutes ago, I joined a biathlon race with a new toon using rental gear. There were 6+ of us at the start of the race. I finished second as only 3 of us got to finish line.
    Post edited by lexers615#4253 on
  • siotaylorsiotaylor Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    siotaylor wrote: »

Very same happened to me at least 5 times so far. I do the race, which I need to do at a reduced speed as I have poor reflexes, but my toon constantly gets relocated because of the constant server issues. It usually gets me disqualified as either I'm relocated outside of the recognized track or the server think I somehow left the track as I'm being relocated. From the amount of cussing, cursing, and foul language during races, I get I'm far from the only one experiencing this.

Oh I expect you're right... but <mode=sarcastic>since this is the first year they've had powerboard races, we can't expect it to work perfectly</mode>.
    What this game needs is a T6 Oberth Class!
    edited July 5
    (Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 5,924 Arc User
    TOTALLY IN LOVE with the new sky. :) It is beautiful. :)

Love Risa in perpetual sunset/moon rise mode.
    Should have led off with that idea the first year day/night had to go.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 5,924 Arc User
    Yup.
    I still suck at the Biathlon transition, though.
    Oh well... don't spend enough time on the game, these days.

Just in it for the new Risian Corvette and the freebie Admiralty card that comes with.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • tobywitczaktobywitczak Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    I would really like to see a GPL for Lohlunat Favor via the Dabo Table. This would work at giving people something to Burn GPL on and gives something useful during the summer event. Even in the rate was 10:1 or 100:1 or if it was for the Three of a kind or better.
    NX-01 Hat.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!
    Judge Dan Haywood
  • cristonic2cristonic2 Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    Still haven't fixed Risa's Day/Night Issues ? You make enjoying this game a little harder every time you ruin something like this. Honestly, you have a day/night cycle on Bajor, so why not fix Risa ?
    Cannot fix it with Lighting 2.0 that is why they settled on permanent Dusk this year.
    Judge Dan Haywood
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited July 12
    RNGesus! Quit complaining about baseball already. :unamused:

This is a fantastic idea. I would only add a sarong to it for maximum beachiosity.
    cristonic2 wrote: »
    Still haven't fixed Risa's Day/Night Issues ? You make enjoying this game a little harder every time you ruin something like this. Honestly, you have a day/night cycle on Bajor, so why not fix Risa ?
    ltminns wrote: »
    Cannot fix it with Lighting 2.0 that is why they settled on permanent Dusk this year.

For he whom you are quoting: Umm, there's no day/night cycle on Bajor now, either.

For you: Dusk is the period after sunset when there is still light in the sky, so this is not that.
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Yay. Nothing says tropical beach in the height of summer like... baseball outfits.
    Ridiculous.

Interest in this event = zero.

I mean competitive volleyball is quite popular these days and there's mini-golf, beach frisbee, limbo, kite-flying, tug of war, parasailing, something with making sand angels would be more appropriate?

Cryptic has allowed the wrong person to manage this event!

We already have the outfits for those. They're general swimwear. Putting anything else in as an activity will mean 2 hours or more between Horga'hn hunts, or Dance parties, or whatever else, so gets a no vote from me until we can choose between multiple activities at one time.
    Before you say that nobody asked for a feature, remember that an online game is not a democracy.
    So Sunset then, OK. Feel better?
    Judge Dan Haywood
  • sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 503 Arc User
    I hope they add Discovery marks as one of the choices when trading in birds/monkeys before the event ends, instead of waiting a year like they did with Gamma.
  • daderganonumbersdaderganonumbers Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    Next year: straw hats? ...of varying styles? Cowboy, boater, conical, safari, Panama Jack, etc.

I know there's not a lot of precedent for hats in Trek, and I'm sure 25c medicine will have conquered my ginger-ness, but I still like to be safe in the sun.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    With the lower sun the ship should have been angled better to show it off in a better light instead of giving it that rusty hulk look from the sunsets. Loading screen suggests there's some blue in the paintjob so angling it a bit by dipping the nose would show that while reducing the orangey glow caused by the suns.

Rubberbanding after the last patch seems to have not been reduced but in fact replaced with the juddering of micro-rubberbands instead. Even less pleasant than the original form.

Wondering at what point the console lander will become relevant as it's STILL advertising the featured TFO for the satellite which ended a couple of weeks ago. On going issue with the lander having been added without much thought about how to actually use the damn thing to promote stuff as it happens and pruning the old stuff when it ends.