test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Things STO needs next

captkelly31#5645 captkelly31 Member Posts: 392 Arc User
One episode this game could have after the DISC party is over is about finding a Menthar derelict. My idea for one would have the same visual effect used here: https://mindreels.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/ship_of_lights_from_battlestar_galactica_1978_tv_series.jpg and here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9WjHa1xi4g.

Also, if this kind of post isn't allowed, any moderator can remove it.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    Not sure what I just heard... but it made my ears itch.. Sorry...
  • bossheisenbergbossheisenberg Member Posts: 603 Arc User
    It would be awesome to see them add a Promellian battlecruiser in a story mission. That was one of the greatest episodes of TNG ever.
  • equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,267 Arc User
    One episode this game could have after the DISC party is over is about finding a Menthar derelict. My idea for one would have the same visual effect used here: https://mindreels.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/ship_of_lights_from_battlestar_galactica_1978_tv_series.jpg and here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9WjHa1xi4g.

Maybe expand your idea a bit? It kinda... vague.
  • bossheisenbergbossheisenberg Member Posts: 603 Arc User
    equinox976 wrote: »

Maybe expand your idea a bit? It kinda... vague.

Yeah he couldn't have given any less information. He's talking about the Promellian/Menthar war which was talked about in a TNG episode where they found the Promellian battlecruiser in an asteroid field. I think it was called Booby Trap.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    The Aceton Assimilator people?

The one thing they were known for, we already have.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    warpangel wrote: »

But that wouldn't stop say... the Lobi Crystal Consortium from making replica Promellian Battlecruisers if they happen to get their Ferengi hands on a real one.
    Also the Promellian Battlecruiser model was reused a couple times for other ships.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,267 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    warpangel wrote: »

But that wouldn't stop say... the Lobi Crystal Consortium from making replica Promellian Battlecruisers if they happen to get their Ferengi hands on a real one.
    Also the Promellian Battlecruiser model was reused a couple times for other ships.

Or a 'Time Travel' episode - Technobable can pretty much fix any 'problem' when it comes to Trek/Sci fi. In this case the extinct species could have beamed themselves into subactomic particles and existed in subspace all this time.

You could even include your Ferengi slant; Ferengi scientists looking for a way to exploit/monetise subspace detect an anomaly and manage to materialise a small fleet of Promellian/Menthar ships; which of course they are now offering for a fee via the lobbi consortium.
  • captkelly31#5645 captkelly31 Member Posts: 392 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    That aside, the chances of Cryptic negatiating to use effects and music from BSG in STO are so low as to be effectively non-existent.

Assuming the effect is copyrighted; that and i only put a video of the latter spaceship because i couldn't find a screenshot of it.
  • borg0vermindborg0vermind Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    What STO need next:

- a unique character type (like JH, temporal, etc) but KDF-only; Feds got too many already
    - removal of the competitive booster items; seriously...I've never seen anyone use them, even in PVP
  • tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    What STO need next:

- a unique character type (like JH, temporal, etc) but KDF-only; Feds got too many already
    - removal of the competitive booster items; seriously...I've never seen anyone use them, even in PVP

Or, at least, allow them to be used in normal pve content...
  • siotaylorsiotaylor Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    A T6 Oberth class of course... or maybe a Nova...
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Cattle Cloak… or Cowbell, whatever...
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    Shana's outfit from The Gamesters of Triskelion not being gated as Risa only would be nice. Nothing about that costume had anything to do with swimming or the beach in that episode. My hardcore Agents of Yesterday desperately want their Diplomacy Orion slave girls to don that garment!
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    92098010584643df20e049cc38d9eed7.jpg
    Lab coat.
    And TNG dress uniforms.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • avfp101avfp101 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    A T5 Mirror Universe Exter Class, would be cool I think. Anybody agree?
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,100 Arc User
    Mirror Typhoon Class please :)
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    I want to see Mirrorbowl, Leeta vs Killy.
    It could be quite the all out brawl
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
      Norway and Yeager classes and updated models for the Sabre, Nova, and Rhode Island.​​
      22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
      Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
      JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
      'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
      'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
      '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
      'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
      '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
      Aside from that, there could be a holo-program about when Starfleet/other faction first learned about the Promellians and the Menthar, or when the Iconian ruins were first discovered.
      No thoughts on this, anyone?
      I was saying that about my holo-program post because with no voice to be heard i couldn't tell whether azrael605 was serious or not.
    • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
      edited July 2019
      Something I'd love to see in STO is more exotic landscapes, atm most planets we visit are landscapes you could have on Earth for the most part. What I'd love to see would things like underwater enviroments or large settlements built on treetops, something we've not really seen before in STO.

EDIT:settlements built on Mesas could work as well as long it's not too "traditional".
    This discussion has been closed.