test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Posting this for awareness of the lawsuit and CBS trying to pick on the little guy.

lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,403 Arc User
Posting this here to promote awareness of the lawsuit CBS is in over the blatant plagiarism case. Thye stole the idea from a game dev and are trying to make it look like he is the bad guy. Please spread around.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=mSwdJN7pGGo&lc=z23yjtbw5kifghxpv04t1aokgqpp1iu4ondwmwyyyzrvbk0h00410
1e3sni150tar.jpg

Comments

• artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Nope. More spam. @baddmoonrizin
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    We're already aware. And it's a pretty much a case without merit. The timeline of development doesn't work out, the stuff that is called out as plagiarism barely qualifies as original idea. It also doesn't help that the game that is allegedly plagiarized itself is plagiarizing stuff (though that might not matter in a case between CBS and him.).

The worry here is more that the guy that is suing is basically duped by some fanatic Discovery haters that have lost all sense of proportion and realism to pursue this and end up sitting on his legal fees and have nothing to show for it.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    You mean the fictional lawsuit that Cosmos has against Discovery and an independent video game creator for using their Tardigrade idea? I believe that Discovery and that video game creator had the idea for Tardigrade space travel due to a Cosmos episode over the idiotic idea that Discovery happened to use an idea from a video game that 99.9999% of Star Trek fans never heard of until this lawsuit. This lawsuit is good PR for a lousy video game and numerous people only support the lawsuit because they don't like Discovery.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    starkaos wrote: »
    This lawsuit is good PR for a lousy video game and numerous people only support the lawsuit because they don't like Discovery.
    Yeah this is a case where the PR goes into over drive because the facts don't add up.

The most recent genuine development was the judge telling Anas Abdin to find proof that ANYONE at CBS had even HEARD of his game prior to writing Discovery. So far he's batted 0. His latest attempt was yet another mass-media campaign combined with trying to subpeona the Steam access history of everyone at CBS...

IE: the core premise of his case was not verifiable as fact before he started litigation. He literally filed a case without proof.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,354 Arc User
    Don't we already have two or three threads debunking this nonsense?
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    jonsills wrote: »

And I doubt this will be the last thread about this nonsense.
    starkaos wrote: »
    jonsills wrote: »
    And I doubt this will be the last thread about this nonsense.
    People are prob gonna keep doing this even after the case gets dismissed. :/
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    full.png
    Really... getting... tired... of this insanity. The evidence speaks for itself. Case is baseless. Just frickin' let it go already. In the end its probably going to hurt Abdin more due to discovering that he ripped stuff from Dune and maybe Stargate.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,406 Arc User
    CBS is not picking on the little guy. Abdin has a weak case against CBS. Also, there are already a lot of threads about this subject why not post in those instead of creating another. Sheesh. Thanks. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    full.png
    Really... getting... tired... of this insanity. The evidence speaks for itself. Case is baseless. Just frickin' let it go already. In the end its probably going to hurt Abdin more due to discovering that he ripped stuff from Dune and maybe Stargate.

I don't think you could have used an image which more perfectly captures my thoughts on this absurdity.
  • equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,268 Arc User
    Johann August Ephraim Goeze, should sue the litigator for being a complete idiot.
    full.png
    Dune, Star Wars, Star Gate, Alien, probably Star Trek too.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,268 Arc User
    Dune, Star Wars, Star Gate, Alien, probably Star Trek too.

Pretty much any scientist who discovered some unknown/odd looking insect/fish could have sued Star Trek for 'stealing idea's' (as we did not have much to go on in the 60's... or even the 80's...Antedean-Fleetwood.png

But most people have better things to do than sue over an idea involving an enlarged Tardigrade, discovered in the 1700's.

• smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    I'm backing Abdin all the way.

you folks might love the big corporations, but I'm backing the little guy. :p
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
    lexusk19 wrote: »
    Posting this here to promote awareness of the lawsuit CBS is in over the blatant plagiarism case. Thye stole the idea from a game dev and are trying to make it look like he is the bad guy. Please spread around.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=mSwdJN7pGGo&lc=z23yjtbw5kifghxpv04t1aokgqpp1iu4ondwmwyyyzrvbk0h00410

amazing how many are siding with CBS, on these threads.

stockholm syndrome, i guess.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    lexusk19 wrote: »

amazing how many are siding with CBS, on these threads.

stockholm syndrome, i guess.

Right, becuase we DARE disagree with you.

The case is paper thin, the lawsuit is B.S. this thread is Spam. Just because we recognize bull TRIBBLE when we see it doesn't mean we're 'siding with the big corporation.'

Get over yourself.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • wildthyme467989wildthyme467989 Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User

Why post a video from Nerdrotic, he picks up on anything that allows him to spread his hatred of Discovery to all his subbers who regularly lap it up and spread it around, he's got more in common with a virus than a Star Trek fan. That guy is like a eunuch's mammaries
    edited July 2019
    Why post a video from Nerdrotic, he picks up on anything that allows him to spread his hatred of Discovery to all his subbers who regularly lap it up and spread it around

All those butt hurt Discovery haters have to stick together.

No one else is going to listen to their garbage.

swear-trek-saru.gif?w=650
  • wildthyme467989wildthyme467989 Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    Why post a video from Nerdrotic, he picks up on anything that allows him to spread his hatred of Discovery to all his subbers who regularly lap it up and spread it around

Too right, can't get through a single one of his videos all the way because of all the negativity and effin' an' jeffin', it's social media that has a lion's share of the blame for that
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,206 Arc User
    THis hasn't really been "debunked" and there is fair evidence for an against the case. Personally I side with CBS having stolen the idea. There's no need to start claiming "spam" because someone is making another thread you don't like.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
    westx211 wrote: »
    THis hasn't really been "debunked" and there is fair evidence for an against the case. Personally I side with CBS having stolen the idea. There's no need to start claiming "spam" because someone is making another thread you don't like.

Also, even the judge told CBS to put "put up, or shut up". And I see the Taridgrade game.....Anas is in the right, he made the stuff FIRST. Also, funny how folks accuse Discovery haters being desperate....YET the Disco folks seem to have NO problem giving VERY negative, very toxic words to Anas...such as saying they are HAPPY his father died.

*slow sarcastic clap*

Interesting
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ik84a2eNtzU

If CBS was actually confident that they didn't steal the blue tardigrade, then they would have kept it blue.

BINGO!
    dvZq2Aj.jpg

swear-trek-saru.gif?w=650

So far, a lot of the pro disco folks are sending hate mail to Anas.....including they are HAPPY his father died.

I'm not telling the Disco folks, or the fans to die or happy their sick parents died.

So.......you want to be a pot or a kettle?
    dvZq2Aj.jpg

Why post a video from Nerdrotic, he picks up on anything that allows him to spread his hatred of Discovery to all his subbers who regularly lap it up and spread it around, he's got more in common with a virus than a Star Trek fan. That guy is like a eunuch's mammaries

So, like the folk sending hate mail to Anas as better?
    dvZq2Aj.jpg

So far, a lot of the pro disco folks are sending hate mail to Anas.....including they are HAPPY his father died.

First of all, that has nothing to do with the topic.

Second, that is a shameful minority of the fan base that would partake in actions like that. Trying to use that as a reflection on the majority is a shameful practice that should be beneath you.
    I'm not telling the Disco folks, or the fans to die or happy their sick parents died.

No one accused you of such. The only person that even brought this up is you.

So.......you want to be a pot or a kettle?

I'm neither. And if you're trying to accuse me of these type of shameful practices then frankly, you can go TRIBBLE yourself.

• westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,206 Arc User
    Also, other than Ryan now calling in the mods, (Really?) Because the forums still lack a proper search engine like they had before the move to vanilla, sometimes older threads fall through the cracks. Considering this is a relatively popular topic and new information occasionally pops up surrounding it it makes sense why a new thread would be posted. Pluse I don't think the last one has gotten a response in a few weeks? Maybe a month?

Also Sea of Sorrows. Cool it down a bit. The only one acting butthurt is you, Bailey and the rest of the people have been completely civil here, no need to start telling people to go tribble themselves because honestly, you're only proving her point by acting like that.

I don't think the mods should close this down, but maybe put out a warning to keep it civil.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    yep and peoples hypocrisy is astounding. ooo it's a case of parallel development. give me a break. i hope that discovery continue. but pay the man for his ideas in the project
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,406 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    I'm backing Abdin all the way.

you folks might love the big corporations, but I'm backing the little guy. :p

First of all, I am backing CBS not because I love big corporations but because Abdin's case has no legal merit. Also, you do not know what is in my heart. It is your bias against corporations, who you probably think are evil, that is why you are having a problem. Also, I do not agree with threats against family members or death threats, period. Whether they like Star Trek: Discovery or they do not like Star Trek: Discovery. Thanks. :)
    Post edited by sthe91 on
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
This discussion has been closed.