What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

AXANAR locks in START DATE for Filming!

Comments

• smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    foxman00 wrote: »
    My main concern with how Axanar has changed over the last 24 months. The initial video was excellent. However, on their facebook page of late there has been increasing, what seems to be attacks against CBS and discovery. I dont mean good natured discussion but what seems to be intentional stirring up the fanbase.

This concerns me, it seems Peters has become increasing poisoned and isnt rising above it to get his own thing completed.
    He'd always encouraged his fans to act like he was better than the CBS writers. Is this from him or allowed by him?

So, far, CBS has not impressed me.

Just because CBS is producing rubbish is no reason for all the bad thing Peters did to be excused either. Oh no CBS is being bad...so let's do even worse thing is not a valid excuse. I'll be honest, I was pretty excited about Axanar when I saw the prelude...but seriously Peters basically screwed over ALL fan productions with his attempt to STEAL.

IF he did not, CBS would target someone ELSE.....ST Continues, Phase 2, etc.
    And, as I said...CBS ripped off Anas....oh, it's OK for a big company to rip off....that's copyright protection......when the little guy tries to fight back, it's a sob story, right?

MAYBE if CBS would be be a hypocrite, and demonizing/castrating fan films......I'd give CBS SOME respect, but I am not.
    CBS needs to do what George Lucas did with fan film makers that impressed him....he gave them JOBS.
    Same for that Ent D simulation game...CBS shut it down, McFarlane, hearing the makers made it into Orville sim, he blessed it.

CBS needs to stop acting like a TRIBBLE hole.

Mod note: These are false statements. CBS once assisted Star Trek: Continues in overturning a copyright strike by YouTube. -- WingedHussar
    Post edited by wingedhussar#7584 on
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    jexsamx wrote: »
    People still care about that scumbag's movie?

I do. Unlike anything CBS/Paramount made in the past 15 years, I liked Axanar. I'll be seeing it.

I could not possibly be less surprised that you of all people would still be looking forward to it.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    There is a MAJOR difference between Peters and the people behind Star Trek Continues.

Star Trek Continues is pure Fan Project. Not once have they tried to make money off of it.

Peters took the donations meant to help fund the making of Axanar and shuffled it to his For Profit studio, and even tried to make money off of it. Or did everyone forget about the Axanar Coffee, complete with Starfleet Delta?

CBS didn't care about Continues because there was no violation. On the other hand Axanar crossed the line, and not only that, but it was basically vaporware for many years after Prelude was initially released.

The KEY difference between the two... is money being involved. One didn't try to profit, the other did.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    CBS let Continues finish their episode length run after the runtime rules were set and assisted them in fighting a YouTube copyright strike. CBS is not put to get fan productions, Peters forced their hand meaning they legally had to set rules to show they were enforcing their copyright due to Axanar leaching money off of their brand unlike other fan works.

Also, some people really need to learn how conclusions are drawn. First you gather evidence, then you reach a conclusion. As you are not in a position to be able to collect all lines of evidence, unlike a court, you are unable to draw a conclusion. That is why chuntering on and on about the 'lawsuit' is not allowed. It's very existence is used as evidence of guilt by morons who (hopefully) are not involved in law or science or anything else that involves drawing conclusions from evidence.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Wow... this is … amazing....
    https://axanarsporking.wordpress.com/page/3/
    Someone read the entire "script" for Axanar(not really a complete script apparently, more like a draft) and did commentary on it.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    Pass. Smart Aleck Peters' defrauding of his donors means I have no interest in Star F**k Crapsanar whatsoever.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,644 Arc User
    Looking forward to the start of filming the next two parts of Axanar. Those sets are gorgeous.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    people take your hatred ,madeup reasons and lies to related threads. here someone who has beef with peters , he sais

- no money was spend outside the project
    - there is\was a script
    - the settlement was a win for axanar

... the team have permission to finish the project from the ip owners. i will continue to report every insult here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4o_w6n-R3o&feature=youtu.be&t=1
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    Made-up? Alec Peters' OWN FINANCIAL REPORT described how he was paying himself and several others a five-figure salary out of the donations for his FAN FILM. Google "axanar financial report"; I can't paste the link from Firefox for Android. EDIT now that I'm on my computer: http://axamonitor.com/lib/exe/fetch.php?media=axanar-annual-report-v2.pdf

CBS left him alone until that came out. They filed suit literally three days after that.

Quite frankly, he's lucky he didn't end up in prison for defrauding investors.
    Post edited by starswordc on
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
    garaks31 wrote: »
    people take your hatred ,madeup reasons and lies to related threads. here someone who has beef with peters , he sais

- there is\was a script

... the team have permission to finish the project from the ip owners. i will continue to report every insult here!

The report button is for harassment of other posters and trolling and off topic posts. Pointing out what a duplicitous fraudster the project leader of the topic at hand is not any of those things.

Though if there was a report button for lies, your post would earn three whole ones already. Possibly a fourth for the horrendous grammar.​​
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

• wingedhussar#7584 wingedhussar Member Posts: 436 Community Moderator
    artan42 wrote: »
    The report button is for harassment of other posters and trolling and off topic posts. Pointing out what a duplicitous fraudster the project leader of the topic at hand is not any of those things.

Though if there was a report button for lies, your post would earn three whole ones already. Possibly a fourth for the horrendous grammar.​​

This exactly. I'm monitoring this thread and will break out my best Jan Sobieski impression if I have to.
    latest?cb=20171202101458

...THEN THE WINGED HUSSARS ARRIVED!
    Volunteer community moderator for the Star Trek Online forums. Not a Cryptic Studios or Perfect World employee.
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    good @wingedhussar#7584 ,then look at jexsamx and azrael605 's posts on page one. clearly and unnecessary insults.

for others watch burnetts video there is no lies from my side !! i am only as good as google translate with the grammer , make a better algorithm ^^

garaks31 wrote: »
    If you count Peters's salary as part of the project, and studio rent expenses, sure...
    - there is\was a script
    Yeah, I posted this already, but sure, why not? https://axanarsporking.wordpress.com/ It wasn't really a complete script and probably wasn't a good script either. How do we know it wasn't ready to film? One of the lead writers SAID SO. Seriously, Mike Hunt's last thing he did before leaving Axanar was finish the script AFTER the court case was done.
    don't see how since Peters basically got told to do what CBS wanted
    ... the team have permission to finish the project from the ip owners.
    Assuming they follow the new fan film guidelines. Also apparently they're legally bound to make it or they have to refund donations or something. And they already spent the donations...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,268 Arc User
    I had an interest in the project, before it came out that he was making a profit for himself and building a studio from fan donations that he planned to rent out for other (profit based) ventures.

This person single highhandedly made it more difficult for fan flics to be made, and forced CBS to set stricter rules in order to avoid people such as Peters exploiting the I.P/Fans.

Personally I think he should be facing jail time for defrauding fans.
    equinox976 wrote: »
    Personally I think he should be facing jail time for defrauding fans.
    Ironically that's apparently the reason the Axanar project ISN'T dead. Peters has to make the film or face fraud charges.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    Meh. I quite enjoyed 'Continues' and I've watched it alongside TOS. It actually feels a lot like TOS (a show I actually do like, even if I don't consider it holy writ). I've never felt any other fan series has captured the look or feeling of the series.

I agree, Continues is the best fan-Trek out there. A lot of that is probably their attention to detail in hardware, story, and tone. Other fan films sometimes got some of those right, but Continues was the only one with all three at once.
    Axanar seems to be trying to mesh the Kelvin era with the TOS era instead of trying to ignore TOS, which hurts it's potential. Plus it's going to be completely incompatible with DSC which means it's just going to lose all impact.

Peters was on Trekyards where he talked quite a bit about that. He was rather animated by the idea that the Kelvin scene was an actual glimpse into prime 2233 (personally I have strong doubts about that) and the fact that ship design should not have diverged that much if the "split" actually happened the way older Spock thought it did, so they went with designs that had aspects from both TOS and Kelvin. They also went with the incredibly rotten gunnery and the same WWII "blind" torpedo style photon torpedo that does not chase a maneuvering target that the Kelvin stuff uses.

coldnapalm wrote: »
    foxman00 wrote: »
    My main concern with how Axanar has changed over the last 24 months. The initial video was excellent. However, on their facebook page of late there has been increasing, what seems to be attacks against CBS and discovery. I dont mean good natured discussion but what seems to be intentional stirring up the fanbase.

This concerns me, it seems Peters has become increasing poisoned and isnt rising above it to get his own thing completed.
    He'd always encouraged his fans to act like he was better than the CBS writers. Is this from him or allowed by him?

So, far, CBS has not impressed me.

Just because CBS is producing rubbish is no reason for all the bad thing Peters did to be excused either. Oh no CBS is being bad...so let's do even worse thing is not a valid excuse. I'll be honest, I was pretty excited about Axanar when I saw the prelude...but seriously Peters basically screwed over ALL fan productions with his attempt to STEAL.

To be fair, what Axanar was trying to do was goad CBS into making a Star Trek series (which did happen and may not have without the Axanar thing worrying the CBS legal department about the length of time they let the Star Trek IP lay fallow if they did not aggressively push back).

Also, if you piece together some of Peters' unguarded offhand statements it looks like they were hoping to be bought by CBS or at the very least CBS would hire them to do a series for a lower cost than Bad Robot is charging them. That kind of thing is not exactly unknown in Hollywood and if they were lucky they could have skated it though the gray areas in the law about what constitutes a gratis side project of a professional studio and what can be called a fan film.

Unfortunately they totally screwed the pooch on the whole plan and pretty much destroyed the fan film community in the process.

edited July 2019

To be fair, what Axanar was trying to do was goad CBS into making a Star Trek series (which did happen and may not have without the Axanar thing worrying the CBS legal department about the length of time they let the Star Trek IP lay fallow if they did not aggressively push back).

Not sure how you draw those conclusions - a gnat like Peters is very unlikely to cause any worry to CBS, the only reason their legal department got involved was because it was attempting to exploit the I.P for personal gain.

There is no doubt that after the success of the 2009 reboot, that CBS would want to cash in on that success, and I seriously doubt that Axanar/Prelude to Axanar had anything to do with that decision.

You give Peters far more credit than he deserves in regard to his motivations; he exploited the fanbase in order to make a personal gain, it was nothing to do with 'goading' anybody into make a new Trek' series.

Edit: P.S - Star Trek Continues is a FAR better production than Prelude to Axanar, and did not 'goad' CBS into creating a new series, or 'worry' it's legal department.
    Also, if you piece together some of Peters' unguarded offhand statements it looks like they were hoping to be bought by CBS or at the very least CBS would hire them to do a series for a lower cost than Bad Robot is charging them.

Uh... Bad Robot is not involved with CBS at all. They were involved with Paramount on the Kelvin Timeline movies.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    people seem to think bad robot is involved with CBS because kurtzman is working on discovery with them - but he doesn't work with bad robot anymore; he has his own company now, and has since 2014​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    edited July 2019

Not sure how you draw those conclusions - a gnat like Peters is very unlikely to cause any worry to CBS, the only reason their legal department got involved was because it was attempting to exploit the I.P for personal gain.

There is no doubt that after the success of the 2009 reboot, that CBS would want to cash in on that success, and I seriously doubt that Axanar/Prelude to Axanar had anything to do with that decision.

You give Peters far more credit than he deserves in regard to his motivations; he exploited the fanbase in order to make a personal gain, it was nothing to do with 'goading' anybody into make a new Trek' series.

Edit: P.S - Star Trek Continues is a FAR better production than Prelude to Axanar, and did not 'goad' CBS into creating a new series, or 'worry' it's legal department.

I did not say Continues did anything like that, all I said was that it was the best of the fan films.

Even a gnat can be an annoyance, and there is precedent for claims of abandoned IP (not that I think it would have succeeded anyway, in fact Axanar tried that as a defense and failed). Peters' actions were questionable at the very least, but not too far off the beam as far as the Hollywood snakepit goes. And he (along with a few of the others involved) did claim they were goading CBS to make a Trek series so I am just giving him the benefit of the doubt. And the way Peters talked gave a strong impression that he was fishing for CBS to hire or buy his new studio even though he never came out and said it (which is also the kind of hustle that happens in the industry all too often since a buyout or contract is usually cheaper than a court battle and there is a certain sense of panache about the boldness of the move in Hollywood).
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Also, if you piece together some of Peters' unguarded offhand statements it looks like they were hoping to be bought by CBS or at the very least CBS would hire them to do a series for a lower cost than Bad Robot is charging them.

Uh... Bad Robot is not involved with CBS at all. They were involved with Paramount on the Kelvin Timeline movies.

True enough now (though a lot of Bad Robot people went to work on DSC), but at the time the obvious go to was Bad Robot, the only professional studio to have worked on any form of Trek since ENT ended, back when Peters was setting up Axanar.
    Peters was on Trekyards where he talked quite a bit about that. He was rather animated by the idea that the Kelvin scene was an actual glimpse into prime 2233 (personally I have strong doubts about that)

Nobody cares if you have doubts about it or not. It is a canonical fact that the Kelvin is a prime 2230s ship.
    and the fact that ship design should not have diverged that much if the "split" actually happened the way older Spock thought it did

Which DSC shows as the 2250s Conni looks like an evolutionary step from the Kelvin (which in turn is an evolutionary step from the NX) before being replaced by the DSC era ships.
    so they went with designs that had aspects from both TOS and Kelvin.

I know, that is the crux of the problem. The Kelvin follows ENT and leads into TMP ignoring TOS as everything did from TMP onwards. That's my point. TOS does not allow for a smooth transition from anything to the TMP era so should be disregarded for smoother continuity.
    They also went with the incredibly rotten gunnery and the same WWII "blind" torpedo style photon torpedo that does not chase a maneuvering target that the Kelvin stuff uses.

You keep making things up about the Kelvin for some reason (then buggering off from the replies so you can maintain your delusions). The torpedos on the Kelvin differ only in the way they're smaller and have a higher rate of fire. They do not 'chase' targets. They're on a turret in the same way the NXs phasecannons are and take out Nero's torpedoes through some luck hits.
    That's because it's Nero's torpedoes that manoeuvre around, you know, the ones from the future.
    There is no doubt that after the success of the 2009 reboot

There was no reboot of ST in 2009. the KT films are in the same canon as all previous films and TV shows so aren't reboots.​​

#TASforSTO

• starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User

There was no reboot of ST in 2009. the KT films are in the same canon as all previous films and TV shows so aren't reboots.​​

The only canon in Star Trek 2009 is Spock. If Star Trek 2009 didn't have Spock, then it would have been a reboot instead of being the confusing mess that it is.
    edited July 2019

I suppose you are right. But it's widely regarded (and reported) as a 'reboot', with a google search directing (almost all) of the results to the 2009 JJ film. (Which is why I called it a 'reboot').

But if you want to be strict about it, then CBS/Paramount (Well I think they do... but am not sure, see below) do regard it as a continuation/split time line, rather than a reboot, I suppose that's why they came up with the name of the Kelvin timeline, as many people kept referring to it as 'JJverse'.

Out of interest; I notice the 'official' name (Kelvin) came about in 2016 when Al Rivera made a post that people should stop calling it 'JJverse'. Did CBS/Paramount ever back up is statement and make their own announcement, as I cannot see anything other than Al Rivera's statement on google searches.
    Out of interest; I notice the 'official' name (Kelvin) came about in 2016 when Al Rivera made a post that people should stop calling it 'JJverse'. Did CBS/Paramount ever back up is statement and make their own announcement, as I cannot see anything other than Al Rivera's statement on google searches.

star-trek-the-kelvin-timeline-blu-ray-top-1177243.jpeg?auto=webp&width=696&height=390&crop=696:390,smart
    I believe this answers that question.
    The torpedos on the Kelvin differ only in the way they're smaller and have a higher rate of fire. They do not 'chase' targets. They're on a turret in the same way the NXs phasecannons are and take out Nero's torpedoes through some luck hits.
    That's because it's Nero's torpedoes that manoeuvre around, you know, the ones from the future.

I think the Enterprise's torpedos had homing capability.
    starkaos wrote: »

There was no reboot of ST in 2009. the KT films are in the same canon as all previous films and TV shows so aren't reboots.

The only canon in Star Trek 2009 is Spock. If Star Trek 2009 didn't have Spock, then it would have been a reboot instead of being the confusing mess that it is.

Not even slightly. Also, Spock is from TOS, that makes him one of the only links from previous instalments. The fact that this is a film in the same canon as the others is what makes it canon, not how many characters are from previous instalments. Canon is not continuity, canon is up to the franchise owners.

It's also really not confusing in the slightest. 8 years after NEM Spock and Nero travel back in time to 60 after ENT in 2233, their presence creates an alternate timeline à la Yesterday's Enterprise, that persists to at least 2263, running concurrently with DSC. All those facts are spelt out in the films. The only reason you fine it complicated is you keep ignoring the films and making up your own quantum bollocks. That's on you, not the films.
    I suppose you are right. But it's widely regarded (and reported) as a 'reboot', with a google search directing (almost all) of the results to the 2009 JJ film. (Which is why I called it a 'reboot').

It's only labelled that because people seem to think any return of a previous franchise is a reboot even if it's a direct continuation. I've read a review of The Hobbit that called it a reboot of the LotR films simply because it took place before them.
    But if you want to be strict about it, then CBS/Paramount (Well I think they do... but am not sure, see below) do regard it as a continuation/split time line, rather than a reboot, I suppose that's why they came up with the name of the Kelvin timeline, as many people kept referring to it as 'JJverse'.

Exactly.

From MA...
    Al Rivera, head developer of Star Trek Online, announced that CBS had named the timeline the "Kelvin Timeline". [20] Michael and Denise Okuda settled on the name after much deliberation for the 2016 edition of the Star Trek Encyclopedia. [21] In June of 2016 CBS Consumer Products, the official guardian of the Star Trek franchise, confirmed that Okuda was actually tasked with creating a new moniker, and, at least where the franchise is concerned, that it has become the official one. [22] The first publication to include reference to this term was The Star Trek Book from June 2016. After several subsequent book titles the franchise moniker was for first used for a home video format in June 2019 with the release of the Star Trek Trilogy: The Kelvin Timeline Blu-ray Disc set of the three alternate reality films.

The numbers give links that I can't copy from mobile. The Blu-ray set also gives us a logo for the trilogy.​​

#TASforSTO

Also, if you piece together some of Peters' unguarded offhand statements it looks like they were hoping to be bought by CBS or at the very least CBS would hire them to do a series for a lower cost than Bad Robot is charging them. That kind of thing is not exactly unknown in Hollywood and if they were lucky they could have skated it though the gray areas in the law about what constitutes a gratis side project of a professional studio and what can be called a fan film.

Unfortunately they totally screwed the pooch on the whole plan and pretty much destroyed the fan film community in the process.
    Peters at one point advertised Axanar as an alternative to official Star Trek productions, so no, he had no interest in working for CBS or Paramount.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
This discussion has been closed.