test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The 2019 Risian Lohlunat Festival!

Comments

• syrupofsquillsyrupofsquill Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    Being able to get a fleet ship with pilot thrusters for 1 ship mod and avail on 3 factions seems like a great thing for new players. Idk why people complain. Compared to paying 12k or 9k zen for a megabundle or 5k-6k zen for 2 of the pilot ships nothing to complain about. And thanks so much for the new Vanity shields, they look great.
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    the new sky/lights are really cool, they give a new atmosphere to Risa. not interested by the baseball stuff, but like I missed the first corvette, i'm happy to have the possibility to get the new one.

btw, if the devs could do a fleet nandi with more eng seats, my ferengi captain would be happy :)
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    I can understand the worry with the releasing this Risian Corvette & it appearing to not be complete unless you use a FSM to buy that premium version & a precedent it might set in giving us less while asking for more. However, this basic Risian Corvette is a nice ship even without ALL of the bells & whistles included & it is earnable to be free. Also, the 1 FSM required to get the premium version isn't too much of a cost (opinion) especially since a FSM can be earned free too with T6 Rep.

If any ship in the STO's stable of ships deserves pilot-maneuvering I'd think it would be a corvette.

Has it been confirmed one way or another whether those Risian-themed ship skins are ONLY for the corvette or for other ships too?

I'm looking forward to the event.
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    Aight, so here are my two cents to all of this recent bollocks...
    Since i am still fairly new to this game... Summer event? Cool!
    Free tier 6 ship for just a bit of daily effort? Even cooler!
    Baseball? I honestly don't know. It's not that popular
    in my corner of the world (afaik). Yeah, baseball WAS a bit of a thing
    during DS9... But this is about Star Trek, isn't it?
    So why not put more things that are more diverse than something
    that comes from earth... Again... ~_~

-Cheers!

There wasn't many sports shown during Star Trek if I recall correctly apart from water polo, squash, parrises squares and baseball so making a sort for a alien culture would be hard as well as CBS would have to okay it as well

NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • espiegle#8326 espiegle Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Instead of just pilot what would really be nice is for one fleet module you get your choice of specialization's
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    I am thankful for the sunset setting, I do wonder if they saw my suggestions for it on certain threads months to a year ago.
    Post edited by avoozuul on
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Redacted
    Post edited by fred26291#2759 on
  • thecrusaderxthecrusaderx Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    I already got the original version of this ship and there isn't much that separates this and the fleet version outside of an experimental weapon and a few improved things. Oh and I guess Pilot abilities in the fleet version.

At least I won't feel rushed to do the grind of this ship. Maybe I'll just get it for the admirality I suppose.
    tumblr_p7rwq2Qtxu1wsk1foo1_500.jpg

• salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Again, when I think 'tropical paradise', Baseball is not something that springs to mind.
    Ever heard of baseball crazed tropical countries like Cuba, The Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, Colombia, Venezuela, Panama, Guyana, Trinidad & Tobago or Curaco? Not to mention Florida, one of the 3 top baseball player producing states in the US? I'm guessing no.
    You're missing the point. Yeah they love that game. And let's assume they love pizza too. Will tropical countries like Cuba, The Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, Colombia, Venezuela, Panama, Guyana, Trinidad & Tobago or Curaco be the first thing that pops into your mind when you hear the word pizza?

Personally, and I think @reyan01 will agree, brainstorming on "tropical paradise" will typically result in a lot of stuff not likely including baseball... (Tourism, fruits, cocktails, tropical fauna and flora, etc...)

The disagreement was never about what the first thing that pops in to your mind would be or whether or not other things (cocktails etc.) besides baseball were also thematically appropriate. The disagreement was over whether baseball is thematically appropriate for a tropical paradise setting. In my previous statement, I already proved that baseball IS thematically appropriate so there's really nothing more to say.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    'Ahh, but... that's... that's where I had them. They laughed at me and made jokes but I proved beyond the shadow of a doubt and with... geometric logic... that...'
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • lexers615#4253 lexers615 Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    I know I might be poking at a dead horse, but I really wish we get DOff assignments on Risa tomorrow morning...
  • wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    We're not getting any new kit modules this year?

I'm a bit disappointed. I was hoping we'd get something new and exciting that would replace one of my go-to modules.

They'd just be overpriced anyway. Wait for Winter Event reasonably priced ones.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    Again, when I think 'tropical paradise', Baseball is not something that springs to mind.
    Ever heard of baseball crazed tropical countries like Cuba, The Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, Colombia, Venezuela, Panama, Guyana, Trinidad & Tobago or Curaco? Not to mention Florida, one of the 3 top baseball player producing states in the US? I'm guessing no.
    You're missing the point. Yeah they love that game. And let's assume they love pizza too. Will tropical countries like Cuba, The Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, Colombia, Venezuela, Panama, Guyana, Trinidad & Tobago or Curaco be the first thing that pops into your mind when you hear the word pizza?

Personally, and I think @reyan01 will agree, brainstorming on "tropical paradise" will typically result in a lot of stuff not likely including baseball... (Tourism, fruits, cocktails, tropical fauna and flora, etc...)

The disagreement was never about what the first thing that pops in to your mind would be or whether or not other things (cocktails etc.) besides baseball were also thematically appropriate. The disagreement was over whether baseball is thematically appropriate for a tropical paradise setting. In my previous statement, I already proved that baseball IS thematically appropriate so there's really nothing more to say.

You proved that is thematically appropriate to people with that particular mindset. Nothing more.

But I refuse to engage you further as find your smug, condescending, replies tiresome.

IDIC my friend. I get it, you don't like baseball. I'd rather not live with the attitude of "stop liking things that I don't like" though. I don't like the Kelvin Timeline movies. I generally think that Discovery is pretty bad. Both are still entertaining when I think about them as just straight up movies and TV though.I don't fault anyone for liking them. I also don't have a problem with that stuff being in the game as I actually have a Vengeance and a D4.

I also don't think that the Nova class is of particular importance. I mean, it was in just a single episode IIRC. Meanwhile one of my favorite ships, the K'Vort, has never made it into the game from T1 all the way up to T6. And before anyone says anything, the B'Rel is not a K'Vort. Now just because I don't like the Nova class myself, doesn't mean that it shouldn't be in the game. When and I do mean WHEN it's released, I'll shrug my shoulders as always when something I don't fancy is released and wait for the next thing. Instead of complaining that the K'Vort that I want wasn't added instead.

Back to sports. There are plenty of sports that I couldn't give a rip about. Cricket, bowling, the NFL and hockey come to mind. My attitude about all of that being added to the game would be a mere shoulder shrug at worst. I'd probably still even buy some of it. I trust that Cryptic could make some really cool looking Gorn hockey jerseys or Klingon themed cricket bats. Better to go with the flow and enjoy the IDIC instead of hating on something that you don't understand.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
    @salazarraze Just because something exists and is liked by a group of people doesn't mean that that specific group of people are bound to the aforementionned "thing". People in my hometown love Mexican food. But less than 2% of the local population is of Mexican ascend. In other word, we eat tacos, nachos, burritos way more often than we eat our own traditionnal cuisine. Yet, Mexican cuisine is NOT related to us while our traditionnal cuisine is. It's not a matter of liking it. And @Reyan seems to understand it a lot more than you do.
    edited July 2019
    @salazarraze Just because something exists and is liked by a group of people doesn't mean that that specific group of people are bound to the aforementionned "thing". People in my hometown love Mexican food. But less than 2% of the local population is of Mexican ascend. In other word, we eat tacos, nachos, burritos way more often than we eat our own traditionnal cuisine. Yet, Mexican cuisine is NOT related to us while our traditionnal cuisine is. It's not a matter of liking it. And @Reyan seems to understand it a lot more than you do.

That's all fantastic information. Great to know. It has nothing to do with Star Trek, Risa, the Caribbean or baseball though. The thing is I proved my point already and @reyan01 probably gets it but refuses to accept it. I can accept that since it's just a game and it's all just pixels. Clearly the discussion has met an impasse despite the fact that I already proved both of you wrong so clearly there's some dislike for baseball among you. I can also accept that. And I'll give you the same advice I gave them since you seem to also be closed minded. IDIC: live it. Breathe it.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,238 Community Moderator
    RNGesus! Quit complaining about baseball already. :unamused:
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
    edited July 2019
    I dislike how the dance and horg hunt is only 1x per cycle while the races, biathlons and and scav hunts are 2x each.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,275 Arc User
    everything should be up every 20 minutes...you can just pick and choose what you want to do instead of having to wait for a specific thing​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    There were two Scavenger Hunts before the Dance Party or the Horg Hunt.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    They'd just be overpriced anyway. Wait for Winter Event reasonably priced ones.

Since we're not talking Zen (or dil), price isn't really an issue for items like kit modules. Besides, I have over 13K lohlnut favors burning a hole in my inventory waiting to be spent.

Though it does make me worry about Kit Modules for winter this year, as well. Last summer's were mediocre and this summer nothing new. Last winter's were mediocre, so the pattern does not seem promising.
    Yes you can pick and choose, but the ones I want to do are spread out further more than the rest of them per event cycle.
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    RNGesus! Quit complaining about baseball already. :unamused:

Yeah, what we need are beach towels for the 'Skirt' option for the lower body. Just perfect for lounging around the beach. Kilts and skants are in need of company.
    Yeah, what we need are beach towels for the 'Skirt' option for the lower body. Just perfect for lounging around the beach. Kilts and skants are in need of company.
    I second that! This and of course Risa relatied DOff assignments. "Grant the crew a leave on Risa" already exists in space, why not implement it while on Risa's surface? And why not duplicate some of the Winter event, and then relabel them according to the current event? For example, the "Espionage" assignment "Find Q's true intentions" could become "Spy on <rival faction> officers on leave", "Host a holiday feast" could become "Grant officers a day leave <by the beach/snorkeling/[whatever other activity]>", etc... Holiday item granted as a reward would be replace by Favours, with a possible epic output, like an "Egg", random "powerboard"/"jetpack". Sky's the limit, and setting double critical requirement would prevent abusing the new DOff assignment. Like "Eggs" only being a critical drop on a critical success. Sky's the limit!
    I was just wanting to comment about the Risian themed vanity shields. First, thank you, Cryptic, for making them accessible to all ships. For some of us this might be the first vanity shield we use which leads me to my suggestion for consideration. Make these vanity shields account-bound instead of character-bound & if too late then perhaps for any possible future similar situations & items. The reason is since there's no method of telling how a vanity shield will look on a particular ship unless one buys it or maybe if we're lucky there's some YouTube video of someone displaying a particular vanity shield on a particular ship since there's no method of previewing. If the vanity shields are account bound at least, probably most, players can switch them all up amongst a player's characters to see any likes & dislikes then buy accordingly. Not all of us are "space rich" to be able to afford all the lohlunats & or farm them with a roster of characters. For myself, that is why I've never invested in any of the Reputation vanity shields unless I've been able to see someone else's on a ship I was considering it for. I don't want to spend the resources to only learn what it will look like after the fact. Again, allowing these vanity shields, & maybe more in the future, to be account-bound instead of character-bound would allow easier previewing so players could make a more informed decision about which shield for which ship instead of just buying & hoping it looks good, thanks, & I hope it will be at least considered.
    You should be able to use the tribble server to preview vanity shields. Copy your character over to tribble and buy the shields you want. Copy your character as many times as you want to test it out as many times as you want. Then buy it for real on the holodeck (normal) server.
    You should be able to use the tribble server to preview vanity shields. Copy your character over to tribble and buy the shields you want. Copy your character as many times as you want to test it out as many times as you want. Then buy it for real on the holodeck (normal) server.

A nice good idea. I still wish Cryptic would've just made them account-bound to make it easier for players to preview. After earning enough of those lohlunats for the 6 vanity shields I could've just switched back & forth then bought any extra for alt-characters that I prefered. Not everyone has done that copy/character/tribble thing yet, but probably should.
  • tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User

A nice good idea. I still wish Cryptic would've just made them account-bound to make it easier for players to preview. After earning enough of those lohlunats for the 6 vanity shields I could've just switched back & forth then bought any extra for alt-characters that I prefered. Not everyone has done that copy/character/tribble thing yet, but probably should.

Lohlunats are currently running between 9-10 mil for a thousand... not to bad of a price for a single vanity shield. Especially compared to the lockbox ones...
  • atroxvincentiusatroxvincentius Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    No new ground kit modules? HHhmmm....that's sad. So I have to ask, when is there going to be the ability to beam to the Risa baseball field?
    Talking about account unlocks and character unlocks, could anyone tell me if the Lohlunat Dances are character or account unlocked upon purchase? So far, I've found just as many links on saying they are account and character unlocked...