test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Uinversal Endeavour perk XP

koppsterkoppster Member Posts: 179 Arc User
Please consider increasing this. I'm appreciative of the perk "free" account-wide stat boosts and I realise it's supposed to be a time-sink and incentive to log in daily, but with the Universal Endeavour coming round so infrequently and requiring that much more effort, the perk XP should be *at least* on a par with the advanced personal endeavour. Just a thought :/ Additionally, maybe consider adding events to reward perk points. As the system stands, it takes a considerable amount of time to gain any meaningful progress in the perk system.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    The perks are meant to take a long time. That way, people have something to do that they don't have to add to every month.

But yeah, the uni endo reward is (still) a bad joke and so I usually just ignore it completely unless it comes on the side of doing something else.
  • Options
    iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    While I have little interest in the Endeavor system anymore, the Universal Endeavor XP does seem to be lacking. But that goes for the entire system as far as I'm concerned.

I log in daily to see what Endeavor tasks there are. I'd guess 90%+ of the time the tasks involve things I have zero interest in doing. I was initially looking forward to the system, but it took only about a week for me to realize that chasing junk tasks for years to get the bonuses simply wasn't worth it, let alone fun. I don't need a second job, so if the tasks end up being something I'd do anyway, they get done. Since they usually aren't they get ignored.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    At this stage I wish they just upped the XP by 233% on the Personal Endeavors and run them on the same schedule as the Universals, three times a week.

The other thing that they could do is run Endeavor Events on Weekends for double the XP.

1200 XP for the Universal would be OK as well.

It would have been a good idea to make the Universal like the Server wide Events we got with the Special Recruitment Events. Get to 10,000 or some such high number of Universal Endeavors completed and a Special Perk is awarded to Accounts on the server.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    koppster wrote: »
    Please consider increasing this. I'm appreciative of the perk "free" account-wide stat boosts and I realise it's supposed to be a time-sink and incentive to log in daily, but with the Universal Endeavour coming round so infrequently and requiring that much more effort, the perk XP should be *at least* on a par with the advanced personal endeavour. Just a thought :/ Additionally, maybe consider adding events to reward perk points. As the system stands, it takes a considerable amount of time to gain any meaningful progress in the perk system.

I agree OP. They should increase some more the Universal Endeavor XP. Most of the time I skip them since almost useless as compared to the personal instead. I know the universal gives other awards but the XP is almost none.​​
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I only do the universals if they're something I want to do. Or I'm curious about trying.

Otherwise I just let them run out.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    noemiecarnesirnoemiecarnesir Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    I never run endeavor just for endeavor. It's always when I need to do something else.
    I just adapt my play style/equipment if needed.

I am only level 13 of endeavor even if I played almost all days since its release.

But I not bother. It's just a side bonus and long term investment, for me.
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    Given that the perk points are currently the #1 option for character (or account) progression I always try to grab even the laughable XP amount of the global endeavor but feel that cryptic should adjust this big time.

So yea, I agree with the OP.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I honestly don't care either way..

I feel like I am getting Endeavor XP at a pretty good rate as it is. The nice thing about the fact that the universal is so laughably trivial on the rewards means I feel absolutely no pressure at all to do it.

If it pops with a queue I don't like to run, or something insanely stupid like the PvP endeavor, I have absolutely no hesitation in just skipping it.

It would be nice if it was more rewarding, but the fact that it's so pathetically low paying makes it easy to just ignore if I don't want to do it.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,329 Community Moderator
    I'm all for increasing the XP for the Universal Endeavors, but I'm against double XP events or purchasing XP or XP boosts. It was designed as a time sink on purpose. Shortcutting that defeats the design purpose.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    maybe the r&d rewards could be lowered a little bit, sometimes I get only r&d mats even for long endeavour. this is really disappointing.

I agree, no need for xp boosts. the game must be played, not accelerated by all the possible ways. when i don't have the time to do the endeavour, well i don't do them. I don't need to reach the full potential of the endeavour bonus right now (i'm level 26). the patience increases the pleasure of having reached the result that you wanted.
  • Options
    I am sure the Devs calculated out with geometric precision that they wanted the Endeavor System to take exactly 674 days. Having a double Endeavor XP Event, with the best planning (5 Dailies and 2 Universals) would give an Extra 59,925 XP or 4.5 days shaved off per Event. With two Events a Year about 9 days per year.

That would certainly upset the fine Swiss mechanism that they had planned. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    "Events" that just give double whatever for doing the exact same thing people are doing every day anyway, are so pointless they don't even deserve to be called events.
  • Options
    That's what we got.

A parking lot near where I used to work had a Daily Rate and an 'Event' Rate of $5. Except when there was an Event the 'Event' Rate was raised to $10. So the normal 'Event' Rate was really a non-Event 'Event' Rate.

Well, I remember when the last EP said the reason they were taking the Marks and Elite Marks out of consideration for the Bonus Dilitium Weekend was to make those activities 'Special' year round.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    ltminns wrote: »
    Well, I remember when the last EP said the reason they were taking the Marks and Elite Marks out of consideration for the Bonus Dilitium Weekend was to make those activities 'Special' year round.
    Yeah, that was great. Now I can cash in my peanuts whenever I'm short on quota, instead of having to wait for a stupid weekend "event" and spending all day clicking up boring trade-in projects.
  • Options
    borg0vermindborg0vermind Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    I would definitely not want to have boosters appear for this system to cause unfair unblanace, but indeed the Universal one should give more points, proportional to the others. Probably the logic for it giving few points is that it is most of the time easy to do since it's shared with everyone...but even so it's way too few points.
This discussion has been closed.