test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Different phaser ground weapon look

vector22204#9451 vector22204 Member Posts: 137 Arc User
Hi does anyone know if we are going to get access to the different phaser ground weapons that we see in some cut scenes and on display on earth spacedock?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    think you mean the ground weapons from fleetbase
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    wilbor2 wrote: »
    think you mean the ground weapons from fleetbase

or perhaps the mission rewards/freebies which can be picked up in the recent FE.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • vector22204#9451 vector22204 Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    If you go to earth spacedock and go to the room where you can buy away team gear and basic upgrades on the right there's a display case and on the right in the case are different weapons with their older models on the left
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    If you go to earth spacedock and go to the room where you can buy away team gear and basic upgrades on the right there's a display case and on the right in the case are different weapons with their older models on the left

In some cases those are older models that were removed I think. Though fleet items have different look as the regular items but I don't think there's a single proper "pistol" style phaser and they're all of the "electrict shaver" style.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    spiritborn wrote: »
    In some cases those are older models that were removed I think. Though fleet items have different look as the regular items but I don't think there's a single proper "pistol" style phaser and they're all of the "electrict shaver" style.

Actually... I believe the Fleet Wide Beam is more pistol like. Reminds me a bit of the old Phase Pistols from Enterprise. There's also the bolt firing phasers like the Compression Bolt Pistol, and some of the lockbox weapons like the Assault Phaser Pistol and Kelvin pistol. And if you pick up the DS9 bundle, you get access to the Bajoran Split Beam Phaser Pistol.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    rattler2 wrote: »
    spiritborn wrote: »

Actually... I believe the Fleet Wide Beam is more pistol like. Reminds me a bit of the old Phase Pistols from Enterprise. There's also the bolt firing phasers like the Compression Bolt Pistol, and some of the lockbox weapons like the Assault Phaser Pistol and Kelvin pistol. And if you pick up the DS9 bundle, you get access to the Bajoran Split Beam Phaser Pistol.
    personally the "cinematic phaser" looked to me like an updated version of the "assault phaser" from ST5 and ST6, which isn't a bad thing as major issue with TNG style phaser is that the designers were so conserned at making it not look like a gun that the ergonomics suffered badly (and with that the actor's wrists that lead to the redesigns during the TNG-era IIRC).

I believe the "cinematic" phaser uses the Elite Fleet Wide Beam pistol.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • avfp101avfp101 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    I have the assault pistol and rifle. I like using them, there beam effect is cool.
    They could use the actual sound effects from ST6 though.
This discussion has been closed.