test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

can't get Buran class with Coupon

jim625jim625 Member Posts: 907 Arc User
finally got a free starship coupon and wanted to use it to get the buran class but it won't let me?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,329 Community Moderator
    By design. It's still a "new" ship. Once it falls off the blacklist, you'll be able to use your T6 coupon for it.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    jim625jim625 Member Posts: 907 Arc User
    By design. It's still a "new" ship. Once it falls off the blacklist, you'll be able to use your T6 coupon for it.

oh ok thanks ill just save it till then
  • Options
    xanthras7xanthras7 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Everything I've read says Tier 6 starship of your choice. I purchased another ship waiting to use the coupon for the Buran, Where does it indicate any other stipulations am I not viewing the correct site. Even Bonus Progress Token Weekend! Thu 20 Jun 2019 | Wed 01 May 2019 | Wed 17 Apr 2019 Execute Operation: Riposte! | Tue 16 Apr 2019 indicate this. The first I heard of this is when I attempted to use the coupon.
    Post edited by xanthras7 on
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,329 Community Moderator
    It was first stated during the initial livestream that introduced it back before Operation Riposte debuted. It's also been said many times, in many threads here on the forum.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    xanthras7 wrote: »
    Everything I've read says Tier 6 starship of your choice. I purchased another ship waiting to use the coupon for the Buran, Where does it indicate any other stipulations am I not viewing the correct site. Even Bonus Progress Token Weekend! Thu 20 Jun 2019 | Wed 01 May 2019 | Wed 17 Apr 2019 Execute Operation: Riposte! | Tue 16 Apr 2019 indicate this. The first I heard of this is when I attempted to use the coupon.

Yeah, unfortunately.. it's another case of news just being delivered via the livestream that most people don't watch.

As baddmoon said though.. it's also been mentioned here on the boards.

While it's not the answer you want, the good news is that the blacklist is temporary and the coupon doesn't expire. Sure.. it sucks that you can't get it right this minute, but you will eventually get it for free.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »

I came up a bit short on finishing at 2550 so I still have to wait for the next TFO, by which time the Buran should be off the list, though I'm still leaning towards getting both ships in that pack so that could just go with Dillzen.

Yeah, I am assuming that the 3rd TFO will run after the summer event. I would think that by that time, the Buran should be off the blacklist.

I don't know if it's just time dependent or if it drops off on the next c-store ship release. I haven't heard anything yet about how this works.
    Insert witty signature line here.
This discussion has been closed.