test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Option to switch PVP on/off in war zones.

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    If I get a kill borg endeavor, I just hop on my kdf and do the rebooting the borg in T'Kanis daily mission.

Feds don't have that option.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    Would be nice to have a daily place to hit Borg at, like we do the Tholians. Nukara for ground and Archer/Beta Lankal for space.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    I'll join the chorus: LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE! err, leave PVP zone PVP alone.

To me, "I want to go to a PVP zone but not do PVP because it's an easy place to kill Borg and grind XP" is not enough reason to spend limited developer time on this change. I can think of 20 other things I'd rather that they do. I'm just too lazy to write them out :)
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »
    Would be nice to have a daily place to hit Borg at, like we do the Tholians. Nukara for ground and Archer/Beta Lankal for space.

You do have places you can hit Borg at every day. There's Defera, Borg Disconnected, Infected Space Conduit, Khitomer Vortex, Hive Onslaught, and the Borg TFO in space where you defend the Klingon ship or Borg arc episodes. Along with Borg ground TFOs. You can go into those every day. If you play KDF, you've also got the T'Kanis Nebula. Whether or not you decide to exercise those choices, are all on you.
    I know about all the TFOs, but I was talking about something like a space patrol mission, like the Archer system (a Romulan Patrol) for Tholian ships.

I do Disconnected for Borg ships right now, but sometimes have to do another space one if I don't quite get the thirty. A patrol would be just me, unless they factor in that small chance that Shon/Koren will come to help.

But that's unlikely to happen.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    edited June 2019
    Thanks. I may try that next time thirty Borg ships comes up. At least there's Deferi for Borg ground. I take my Thompson and go to town on them.

I get really annoyed at the cutscenes in Disconnected. If they would at least make them skippable, then they wouldn't be so bad.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,265 Arc User
    T If they would at least make them skippable, then they wouldn't be so bad.

I don't think it would be an option - as the map is being 'remapped' during/behind the cut scenes. That was the explanation I got last time the topic came up, don't know if it's still true with the latest iteration of updates. Mighty annoying though yes.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    If I get a kill borg endeavor, I just hop on my kdf and do the rebooting the borg in T'Kanis daily mission.

I just do ISA. Easy and fast.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
    I know about all the TFOs, but I was talking about something like a space patrol mission, like the Archer system (a Romulan Patrol) for Tholian ships.

I do Disconnected for Borg ships right now, but sometimes have to do another space one if I don't quite get the thirty. A patrol would be just me, unless they factor in that small chance that Shon/Koren will come to help.

But that's unlikely to happen.

T'Kanis nebula for Borg patrols. KDF only as far as I know(since it is around KDF space), and no, Koren doesn't come roaring in with her IKS Get Out and Push. It's you and any possible pets/reinforcements vs Borg cubes, spheres, and probes. All the Borg you can dakka to your heart's content. Though if you bring other players along, it's possible that the number of spawns increases.
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User

Apart from alternatives: this effects only pure fed players, since endeavours are account wide, one KDF is enough. And how many multi toon fed-only players are there?
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
    xyquarze wrote: »

Apart from alternatives: this effects only pure fed players, since endeavours are account wide, one KDF is enough. And how many multi toon fed-only players are there?

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a sizable amount. A lot of players will have a KDF pylon or few, solely for contraband harvesting from Marauding doff missions and prisoner dumping for dilithium.
    Koren comes roaring in sometimes when you do Rom Patrols as KDF. I'll have to remember and change to my KDF to do T'Kanis.
    Now a LTS and loving it.

Doesn't always get the job done. And if you get paired up with HIGH DPS... good luck getting any.
    And how many multi toon fed-only players are there?

How many Fed Mains know of that KDF site?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    edited June 2019

Doesn't always get the job done. And if you get paired up with HIGH DPS... good luck getting any.
    And how many multi toon fed-only players are there?

How many Fed Mains know of that KDF site?

It literally always gets the job done. If a player can't do ISA due to their own inability, they can do ISN. If that's too difficult, then Khitomer Space Normal is probably a good choice for them. Tons of easy probe kills. Then there's all the story missions that can be done. There's so many ways to do it without this veiled attempt at ruining one of the most unique and genuinely interesting locations in the game.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
    I've had instances where I didn't get it done. And I was using FAW to hit all the things. Usually its when I get a HIGH DPS team that I don't get the kills I need.
    Then read the rest of my post and you have your answer to the next steps you can take. It's literally one of the easiest accolades to finish on any difficulty.
    The Probes in Kitomer don't count. Tried that and didn't get credit.
    If you can get an Assimilate the Barbarians DSE to pop, that's also a good place to get Borg space kills.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    edited June 2019
    Do the probes in kerrat, Infected Space Normal or Cure Space Normal count? I genuinely don't know. The other advice still applies too. On normal difficulty some cubes are replaced by spheres in Omega queues. But TBH, cubes on normal difficulty are easy enough. Tons of spheres spawn on Infected Space maps so that would probably be a better choice overall. Top it off with a patrol or targeted story mission and it's still very fast and easy.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    These zones are very rare for what they are and should not be altered. The game already has most of its content for strict PVE use.
    XzRTofz.gif
    Do the probes in kerrat, Infected Space Normal or Cure Space Normal count? I genuinely don't know. The other advice still applies too. On normal difficulty some cubes are replaced by spheres in Omega queues. But TBH, cubes on normal difficulty are easy enough. Tons of spheres spawn on Infected Space maps so that would probably be a better choice overall. Top it off with a patrol or targeted story mission and it's still very fast and easy.

I don't argue any of that. I was just pointing out that Feds don't have some of the patrol options KDF does, and anyone who mains Fed probably doesn't know or doesn't remember. I certainly didn't remember T'Kanis, and I got a leveled KDF.

I've also noticed something as well for the Dreadnought kills endeavor. At best you can only get 2 from Kitomer, even though gates count as Dreadnoughts. In theory we should be able to get 4 kills out of Kitomer because of...
    1. Tac Cube at Start
    2. Gate on left
    3. Gate on right
    4. Donatra's Scimitar

However the times I've gone in to finish a Dreadnought endeavor in Kitomer after an Infected Run... I still had to go hunting for at least one more Dread.
    And by that point I really don't want to run Hive space just for 1 kill.
    And by that point I really don't want to run Hive space just for 1 kill.

Good info. At that point, I would just go for CSA. Much faster and easier. The assimilated carrier at the end counts.
    Yes it does. I was afraid I might not get credit when I found out because I was running with two fleetmates with Megawell Builds. Got credit. Was happy.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    The only STF I'd go for dreads is Hive.
  • ekypyrosekypyros Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    PvP On/Off Very Bad Idea !!!
    Whats then Happen is Clear !
    Ppl Set PVP off fly around and or cloack
    And Attack PVP players deceitful
    Very Bad Idea
    From me Big NO!
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    A solution is to make it so you can't turn it back on or off unless you leave the system.
    I see no point to it even if you could control when it's on or off.

Kerrat is a PvP zone. You don't want to PvP, don't go in, problem solved.

There are many other ways to get Borg endeavors without going in there.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    The only way this really makes sense is if the motivation is not the endeavors or basic resource grinding, but denying those mean pvp ganker trolls :-( the thing they want. Thumbing your nose at them in their own sandbox, without consequence.
    I could care less about gankers as I won't go in there.

A friend of mine mistakenly went in and got ganked-over and over again, because as soon as she respawned they ganked her again.

It's simple. You don't want to get ganked, don't go into Kerrat.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
This discussion has been closed.