test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

USELESS support help

Every time I talk to support they give me advice to either DO THEIR job or do something that is completely useless!! I have done it all over the past 5 months and I still cant get in!! I show them what I get and yet basically I am called a LIAR!!! I am NOT a programmer so I dont know what they talk about!! I am getting fed up with this TRIBBLE!!! I will post the whole thing ALL OVER THE SOCIAL MEDIA till I am taken Serious!!
Post edited by jimmyjames#3643 on

Comments

• kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    Perhaps if you coherently state your problem maybe someone could help or offer suggestions. If your post is any indication how you dealt with support I can see why you got no where.
  • jimmyjames#3643 jimmyjames Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    What part of the server times out or disconnect is NOT COHERENT??
    I am still waiting to hear " Server Timed out" or " Server Disconnected" is UNCLEAR??? After 5 months of that stuff HELL YEAH!! I am pissed off!! How would you be???
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,403 Arc User
    First of all, I understand your frustration. For several months, I also have had constant disconnects and SNRs in this game. With that said, please update your title from USELESS to a less vague title. Vague titles are a violation of the terms of service and do not help Cryptic point out what the problem is. Just be specific in what you have tried and then see what happens.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
    Sthe91 the title came from the LACK ofanything helpful from support and the fact they want me to do their job.. SNRs I have NO CLUE what that means...
    edited June 2019
    Sthe91 the title came from the LACK ofanything helpful from support and the fact they want me to do their job.. SNRs I have NO CLUE what that means...

SNRs= server not responding
    Post edited by sthe91 on
    How is that Sthe91!!! It still comes to being useless...
  • kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    Server Not Responding (SNR), Server Disconnect and Server Timed Out are all the result of the same symptom, mainly a break in communication with the Cryptic server. This doesn't necessarily mean it's a problem with the Cryptic server as it doesn't reside as a stand alone server in someone's basement. It's in a server farm which means if that farm can't handle incoming traffic you get disconnected, something Cryptic doesn't have direct control over. Also, you can drop if any server on the way to Cryptic's server can't handle the traffic, again something Cryptic has no control over. That's about as simple as I can explain it and probably why customer service can't help you. There are simply to many reasons why people have connection problems.
    Then find a server farm that can handle it... Because I have been playing Mr. Nice Guy for too long!! No one would say anything but wanted me to go into doing the programming... Plus they call me a liar!! That crossed the LINE!! SO you can defend them all you want I know the help I get is USELESS!!!
    Then find a server farm that can handle it... Because I have been playing Mr. Nice Guy for too long!! No one would say anything but wanted me to go into doing the programming... Plus they call me a liar!! That crossed the LINE!! SO you can defend them all you want I know the help I get is USELESS!!!

They are not defending customer service in this case though. This is a logical explanation for the problems that you have had and at times I have had as well. I am starting to think that this thread is getting out of hand. :(
    edited June 2019
    Then why do you think it is acceptable that you are responsible to doing their job and acceptable to be called a LIAR?? Because I DONT!! Every time you tell me it is my fault it says it is acceptable!!
    Coldnapalm No The problem is the SERVERS!!! You maybe a programmer, I am NOT!! You dont like what I say DONT READ IT!! You are just trying to be an TRIBBLE!!!
    Cold I listened.. I fallowed their so-called help.... BUT MORE MONTHS I have still spent 3 hours just to play a 15 minute mission!! It still hasnt been resolved!! I have been called a liar about my complaint, I have been called CRAZY!! i HAVE BEEN TOLD TO DO THEIR JOBS FOR THEM!!! And I dont listen?? You do everything they suggest and nothing get resolved and see how you feel!!
    You know what!!! I give up!! You all are right I am crazy, and I dont know what I am talking ABOUT!! You know it all!!! I know NOTHING!!!
    NO YOU ARE RIGHT I DONT KNOW ANyTHING YOU DO... I AM JUST A CRAZY TRIBBLE THAT DOESNT KNOW ANYTHING!!!
  • lexers615#4253 lexers615 Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    valoreah wrote: »
    Moving to another server farm will not resolve the problem. You are not running a direct line from your PC to connect to the Cryptic servers. Your connection can take any number of routes across the public internet to connect. Issues at any point along that route can be causing your problem. This is not something Cryptic can fix.
    That's not true. I play several MMO's, (well, not as many as some people I came across), and most MMO's have better latency and STO is the only one with which I can lose connexion for 5 to 10 seconds on a regular basis. From what I read here, on Reddit and elsewhere in this forum, connexion issues with Holodeck (STO server for North America) is generalized.

Bottom line: there's obviously a problem on Cryptic's side and it's most likely something that they either can fix or improve. It could be as silly as a single piece of aging hardware somewhere to some very delicate conflictual programming. But, again, it's very likely to be something Cryptic can investigate and work on.
    You know everything and I know NOTHING! You know it all and once again I know nothing!!
  • wingedhussar#7584 wingedhussar Member Posts: 436 Community Moderator
    Okay, we're done here.
    — Flaming and trolling isn't allowed, per Community Rules & Policies. https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1191393/perfect-world-entertainment-community-rules-and-policies#latest
    — Ranting threads aren't allowed per FCT rules. https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1245086/the-f-c-t-frequently-created-threads-list-2-0#latest
    — If you're having connection problems, follow the directions at the top of the subforum. https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1162154/pc-network-and-other-technical-issues-read-this-first-before-posting#latest

Next time it's a warning.
    latest?cb=20171202101458

...THEN THE WINGED HUSSARS ARRIVED!
    Volunteer community moderator for the Star Trek Online forums. Not a Cryptic Studios or Perfect World employee.
This discussion has been closed.