test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The 2019 Risian Lohlunat Festival!

Comments

• angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    The ship and the vanity shields look really nice! The HMS OXBoat will fly again!

Wish there'd be more swimwear rather than baseball stuff tho. Baseball's not my thing at all. ;)
  • duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @duasyn said:
    > I agree with above, we need to chill with the baseball stuff. I guess someone at Cryptic is a baseball superfan and pushing this?
    >

No Captain Ben Sisko is a baseball superfan and pushed it for 7 years.

Other than 2-3 episodes with a baseball theme over 7yrs of one of the series, Trek hasn't exactly been synonymous with baseball. And in the Zen diagram of Trek/Baseball interests, I would bet it's not a huge overlap. ;)
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Emissary.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    angarus1 wrote: »
    Wish there'd be more swimwear rather than baseball stuff tho. Baseball's not my thing at all. ;)

The swimwear could use a quality pass. But honestly I'm not sure if we can get any more new styles over what we have.
    On the bright side... baseball hats?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • thecrusaderxthecrusaderx Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    I admit something new would be nice like fishing or scuba diving. I mean just use floater mechanics regarding diving stuff.

But I'll have to settle for using my floater again and getting some Summer BOFF abilities that would otherwise be hella expensive in the exchange. Not to mention Summer food items.

Gotta admit, Egg White Burrito? That one is pretty out in left field pfft.
    tumblr_p7rwq2Qtxu1wsk1foo1_500.jpg

• inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,929 Arc User
    ...Captain Ben Sisko is a baseball superfan and pushed it for 7 years.
    Yep, and Picard pushed Fancing for 7 years but we don't have anything of that.
    Kirk and Spock pushed 3D chess for a total of 6 years (3 each) but we can't get our 3D Chess stuff either.
    Baseball is likely the popular sport for the American players, but where does that leave the rest of the world?
    Additionally, are Denobulans as good at Baseball as they are at Basketball?
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • unclegoldieunclegoldie Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    siotaylor wrote: »
    echatty wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to racing, dancing and floating for the horga'hns and ship. Or just relaxing on a lounger.

Don't forget gorns in bikinis.

Gorns in Mankinis, you mean. :p

On a side note: I found it a little bit misleading that the article makes a comment about tribbles right before an image of someone throwing a baseball. I was kinda hoping for some tribble baseball. :)
    Epohh Vindaloo and beer milkshakes for everyone
    jH7LGEi.jpg
  • papy1986papy1986 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Please don't do audio emotes, this is just asking to be abused by trolls.
    RE: the baseball uniforms - not interested so I guess that means less to grind this time :)
  • velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    Risian Corvette [T6] + Dixie Horn = Dukes of Hazard in Space! :smiley:

Can't wait to get them!

18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    > @reyan01 said:
    > azrael605 wrote: »
    >
    > > @reyan01 said:
    > > Yay. Nothing says tropical beach in the height of summer like... baseball outfits.
    > > Ridiculous.
    > >
    > > Interest in this event = zero.
    >
    > Baseball is a summer sport.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Indeed.
    >
    > But I see no baseball pitch. I see lots of beach. Clear blue water. Sunloungers. Two suns in the sky.
    >
    > I mean seriously, if I were to visit the beaches at the Bahamas, or Maafushi, should I expect to see numerous people wearing baseball uniforms?
    >
    > Sorry - but when I think 'tropical beach', baseball is NOT something that comes to mind. At all.

Strange considering just how popular Baseball is in the caribbean region. Its one of the main regions outside the US with professional baseball franchises.

Yes, it is popular. A lot of great players from the Caribbean played for the Blue Jays during their back-to-back wins when I was living in North York (now part of Toronto).

But as Reyan01 mentioned, there's no baseball pitch/field/stadium in the Event Risa Zone. One should be set up, with NPC players from the different teams taking turns playing against each other.

Part of a new event could to play baseball like the Winter Event's TFO against Winter Lord and the Abdominal Mugato, in terms of either a 'PvP' or 'PvE' functionality to it.

Like the Implausibility Discoverse episode (with the nanofiber winter jacket), the player dons the uniform of the team they are assigned.

If new teams are added like the Deneb V Slime Devils, then a new set of NPC baseball players and available teams are expanded.
    I admit something new would be nice like fishing or scuba diving. I mean just use floater mechanics regarding diving stuff.

But I'll have to settle for using my floater again and getting some Summer BOFF abilities that would otherwise be hella expensive in the exchange. Not to mention Summer food items.

Gotta admit, Egg White Burrito? That one is pretty out in left field pfft.

We could use some SCUBA gear for costume pieces. Surely Starfleet, etc. had equipment that would be more functional underwater than the extravehicular suits?

Underwater enviroments would come in handy for future episodes set in water covered worlds, let alone recovery of a downed shuttle craft, life pods, etc. submerged in middle of deep lakes, bays, seas or even oceans.
    If we do get a second environment/zone to play in, please let it have a night time setting. I know that day/night transitions are borked for now, but this would be a nice alternative.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    Since they are doing vanity shields for summer event I wonder if they will do them for winter event also.
  • tobywitczaktobywitczak Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    The fun in the sun is returning on July 2nd, with an updated T6 Risian corvette, new space and ground emotes, new costumes and more!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11190533

Does the Tire 6 Risian corvette replace the current Risian corvette Tier 5 or will there be a second Admiralty Ship?
    Question 2: If these are two different ships, would it be possible allow for players to slot the older (T5) ship as a second project for Alt Charters? Or Also get the T5 Ship for free as part of getting the T6?

edited June 2019
    The fun in the sun is returning on July 2nd, with an updated T6 Risian corvette, new space and ground emotes, new costumes and more!

Does the Tire 6 Risian corvette replace the current Risian corvette Tier 5 or will there be a second Admiralty Ship?
    Question 2: If these are two different ships, would it be possible allow for players to slot the older (T5) ship as a second project for Alt Charters? Or Also get the T5 Ship for free as part of getting the T6?
    Event ships are now account unlocks which can be reclaimed on all characters, they have been for years now.
    Post edited by avoozuul on
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    The new uniforms are nice but @ambassadorkael#6946 I have to say, you know which uniforms we REALLY need?

6Q7T1t1.jpg
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • unclegoldieunclegoldie Member Posts: 263 Arc User

You'll only be able to slot the current event ship (T6). The Phoenix Boxes have the T5 version.
    Epohh Vindaloo and beer milkshakes for everyone
    jH7LGEi.jpg
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    New T6 'Vette, awesome.

New Vanity shields, sweet. Will they work on any ship or only the Risian ships, or even JUST the new T6 'Vette?

New floaters and boards, they look nice but I won't bother.

New food items, umm, who cares?

More baseball uniforms, didn't bother last year, won't this year either. My BOff's can't wear them, no point in getting them.

No new kit mods or training manuals? Bummer.

No new swimsuits? I never cared for any of that stuff anyway (since BOff's can't wear them), but it was nice when there were new options.

Same schedule for events as the last couple of years with the "good" events being on a 90 minute cycle? Probably done with bothering trying to Horgahn hunt. Which means no getting a lot of Lohlunats for stuff. Which considering there isn't much new worth bothering with, may not be that big a deal.

And new audio emotes? Oh yeah, I don't see ANY issue with these. Seems like a natural extension of the Subspace Party Amplifier, and everyone loves those.

I remember when I loved going to Risa. Then it became a grind. Now I just go for the ship. No DOff missions yet, no day/night cycle, I can't say I'm looking forward to it this year. I've been on a bit of a break from the game and I guess that will continue thru the summer, only logging in long enough to make progress towards the new ship.

Which honestly, is enough.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    angarus1 wrote: »

The swimwear could use a quality pass. But honestly I'm not sure if we can get any more new styles over what we have.
    On the bright side... baseball hats?

I dunno, the vacationing NPCs do have some choice swimwear. ;)
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    The swimwear could use a quality pass.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind a "T6 Upgrade" on the original swimsuits - maybe give them more color zones like the later stuff, etc.

I'll do the floater runs for the ship, but there's nothing interesting in the shops this year. (And still have piles of favors after not spending any on baseball last year, either. So no reason to do any of the events. Ah, well. :| )
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    I just went there tonight with my Discovery Character. Bought an Impulse Floater and got the Master Relaxer Accolade in about 30 minutes.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    I am quite thankful for the devs releasing this ship in T6 form, also the new vanity shields is an awesome bonus. :)
  • mbaldelli02909mbaldelli02909 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Yay. Nothing says tropical beach in the height of summer like... baseball outfits.
    Ridiculous.

Interest in this event = zero.

If the Devs ever lived in Louisiana during the summer, they must be in serious denial. That much clothes with a heat index at 115 they'd be passing out.

BTW, no thanks for baseball. I'm a nerd, not a jock.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Again, when I think 'tropical paradise', Baseball is not something that springs to mind.
    Ever heard of baseball crazed tropical countries like Cuba, The Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, Colombia, Venezuela, Panama, Guyana, Trinidad & Tobago or Curaco? Not to mention Florida, one of the 3 top baseball player producing states in the US? I'm guessing no.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    All I know is I love Dancing on Risa.

Even Fat, Old Captain Dunsel looks cool on the Dance Floor.
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    I just went there tonight with my Discovery Character. Bought an Impulse Floater and got the Master Relaxer Accolade in about 30 minutes.

Didn't you need to get the store unlocked during the event before you could buy stuff?
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries