test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The 2019 Risian Lohlunat Festival!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
The fun in the sun is returning on July 2nd, with an updated T6 Risian corvette, new space and ground emotes, new costumes and more!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11190533

Comments

• bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    Really? same old same old. Please stop with the baseball stuff. Nice perk when it started but why bring pretty much the same stuff year after year?
    How about a fishing event, chase the sand monster (or salt vampires) or heck even put back the Snowconian to come back to Risa (its summer and ice events would do great). There are a ton of great ideas from players and why not use one of them for a change?

I still will do whatever is there since it's a nice change of pace but a bit boring from what I expected. Thanks anyways.​​
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    LOL at the Charge before ramming.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • galattgalatt Member Posts: 707 Arc User
    YES! The cure for my game burnout is at hand.
    sig_picture_resize_by_gx_9901-db9d1v1.png
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    T6 Corvette, I may have to paint it all red.
    To quote the Orks from 40K,
    "Da red wunz go fasta."
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
      galatt wrote: »
      YES! The cure for my game burnout is at hand.

Baseball?
      2gdi5w4mrudm.png
      Typhoon Class please!
    • siotaylorsiotaylor Member Posts: 296 Arc User
      Dammit, I'll miss the first day! Is there any way to recover from this disaster?
      I hope to be able to avoid the nonsense about rounders... unless that's the only way to get the ship... even then...
    • allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 735 Arc User
      Another ship to earn for admiralty cards. The rest is not worth the grind.
      siotaylor wrote: »
      Dammit, I'll miss the first day! Is there any way to recover from this disaster?

You'll have PLENTY of time to get the ship. Well over a month.
      db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
      I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
      The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
      rattler2 wrote: »

You'll have PLENTY of time to get the ship. Well over a month.

Lets hope I don'e need to play any silly bat and ball games to win it then. I have enough trouble with the hover board races... hitting the finish post is hard.
    • shakkazulu8shakkazulu8 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
      I use to enjoy my summers on Risa when there was something worth going there for and new to do. Why can't we have Dune-Buggy racing??? You do remember the ARGO??? Better yet make the ARGO the prize.
    • jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
      Looking forward to it! =D I've been wanting the Corvette for some time, and I rather enjoyed the baseball thing last year.
      Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
      edited June 2019
      Lets hope I don'e need to play any silly bat and ball games to win it then. I have enough trouble with the hover board races... hitting the finish post is hard.

The ONLY thing you have to do for the ship is the daily floater run. Don't even need a surfboard for that. Just a floater. Unlike Fastest Game on Ice during the winter event, the floater daily is actually rather calm and, dare I say... relaxing?
      I use to enjoy my summers on Risa when there was something worth going there for and new to do. Why can't we have Dune-Buggy racing??? You do remember the ARGO??? Better yet make the ARGO the prize.

There are really no maps big enough for driving around an ARGO except for maybe Vulcan and Andoria.
      edited June 2019
      The ONLY thing you have to do for the ship is the daily floater run. Don't even need a surfboard for that. Just a floater. Unlike Fastest Game on Ice during the winter event, the floater daily is actually rather calm and, dare I say... relaxing?
      Good, I quite enjoy the floaters.
      There are really no maps big enough for driving around an ARGO except for maybe Vulcan and Andoria.
      Draunur Colony maybe? It supports hoverboards too, but sadly not floaters.
    • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
      > @captiannemo117 said:
      > More baseball stuff? Pass.
      > Audio emotes? Oh hell no! There's already too much troll fodder, we don't need more. At least add a mute setting or something, so those that don't want to hear that, don't have to.

I already have a mute setting. I run the sound through my Earphones, have the sound set off, and I don't wear the Earphones.
      'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
      Judge Dan Haywood
      'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
      l don't know.
      l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
      That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
      Lt. Philip J. Minns
    • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
      More baseball stuff? Pass.
      Audio emotes? Oh hell no! There's already too much troll fodder, we don't need more. At least add a mute setting or something, so those that don't want to hear that, don't have to.

If nothing else, I hope it audible only to the player using it, rather than everyone within a certain range of the emote going off.
    • mikeblackwolfmikeblackwolf Member Posts: 64 Arc User
      Yeah can't see those ship emotes getting annoying
    • matthewfelixmatthewfelix Member Posts: 52 Arc User

I'd settle for a \pet ARGO... if we can get pet shuttles a pet ARGO should be easy. Who knows they might even make a map where we can use a full sized ARGO.
    • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
      What? No new swimwear? Dang...

;)
      I'll be diving in for the T6 Corvette though... It was the ONLY one of the event ships I never got...

CM
      "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
    • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
      We missed out on the Gorn Winners and the Klingon Konquerers baseball team swag. :worried:

Disco-flavoured hoverboards, like the Crossfield Hoverboard (spinning pizza cutter ornament in the front, and horizontally-aligned squared thrusters in the back, all the metal parts in the Olympic-style colours that Disco uses), and the Na'Qjej Battlehoverboard (with a prow that dips into the water, making a splash in it's wake).

I still say that there should be an extra Summer Event zone that would give the event more diversity in the environment and things to do. Maybe the Lobi Crystal Consortium wanted to expand it's revenue potential by annexing, I mean expanding, properties for players to explore and partake?
    • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
      I'm looking forward to racing, dancing and floating for the horga'hns and ship. Or just relaxing on a lounger.
      Now a LTS and loving it.
      Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
      I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    • timberwolf#2067 timberwolf Member Posts: 49 Media Corps
      Dune buggy/dirt track races with Argo jeeps, Scuba diving, Orbital Skydiving, metal detector hunts, building tree forts. While I do like the summer event, I think some of this would be awesome to see ingame for the event as well
      echatty wrote: »
      I'm looking forward to racing, dancing and floating for the horga'hns and ship. Or just relaxing on a lounger.

Don't forget gorns in bikinis.
    • duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
      edited June 2019
      I agree with above, we need to chill with the baseball stuff. I guess someone at Cryptic is a baseball superfan and pushing this?

Space audio... So you disable all the emotes that USED TO WORK in space just so you can make/sell new ones that seem really annoying? Glad I play with sound mostly off.

At first I thought the video was of people throwing the baseball tribble! :D

Ship does look nice. The corvette was a fun one to zip around in.

Let me get on my fortune teller hat (or tinfoil, depending on your POV) ...
      'Team themed' vanity shields... Is this a test-bed for Cryptic to see if adding skins to the C-store is a money maker?
      Since making alternate parts for ships seems to have mostly gone extinct.
      But 'coming soon!' Cryptic is going to start charging for special skins?
      "Nice ship! Too bad that dingy gray is soo boring. :/ But for only 500 Zen you could have this awesome skin!" :o
      I guess just making a skin is easier than making alternate nacelles, struts, saucers & etc. If so then it's just seems another step down the road of 'phoning it in' and if something doesn't immediately make $ it doesn't happen in this game.
    • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
      T6 Risian Corvette, at last!

Also this single focus on baseball seems at odds with players who I doubt are all fans over it. Perhaps listen to your player base if you want a more active Risa event.
      Y945Yzx.jpg
      Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
      · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
      «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
      ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
    • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
      edited July 2019
      I will be working to get the new ship. I will not be working on getting favors for anything except some of the older stuff I dont have yet. I thought about the vanity shields till I saw that they include the team names as part of the scheme which doesnt work for me.

One thing that would help is to reduce the cooldown time on the flying high and the artifact scavenger hunt? Consider reducing them to 5 minutes :) Thanks.
      Post edited by fred26291#2759 on