test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Discovery Legends shield visuals? Lets talk about it!

jr20mb13jr20mb13 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
I checked out the Legends shields visuals on tribble when they were first launched... Not pleasing to the eye. Not really sure what the oil slick look has to do with discovery either. I havent unlocked them on holodeck yet, but has there been any improvement to them?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• tm706tm706 Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    I don't believe anyone has reached T6 in the rep yet in order to unlock the vanity shield. I'm unsure if it's still available on Tribble.
    Coffee is life.

Message me in-game (@tm706) for help

1st Alpha Quadrant Fleet
  • jr20mb13jr20mb13 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    tm706 wrote: »
    I don't believe anyone has reached T6 in the rep yet in order to unlock the vanity shield. I'm unsure if it's still available on Tribble.

well heres hoping they dont look like the tribble versions
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    I believe the Discovery shield is ment to look a bit like the Glenn after her fatal jump.
    latest?cb=20171002162258

Note the pattern on the hull.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    azrael605 wrote: »
    So are you saying that it makes your ship glossy black? Cause if so hell yeah I've been trying to find that since lighting 2.0 jacked up the Reman shield visuals.

you know when your washing dishes and sometimes theres like a shiny oily residue on top of the water? imagine that on your hull. thats what it looked like on tribble.
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I believe the Discovery shield is ment to look a bit like the Glenn after her fatal jump.
    latest?cb=20171002162258

i think youre right, makes the choice make sense but now its weirder theyd choose a damaged hull for visuals
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    jr20mb13 wrote: »
    latest?cb=20171002162258

i think youre right, makes the choice make sense but now its weirder theyd choose a damaged hull for visuals
    I think they chose that because it's discovery related visual that's not used somewhere else (we already had a DSC vanity shield before the rep and they wanted to use the S31 shield for the lockbox).
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Still hate the soap bubble effect… the Section 31 visuals are awesome btw
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    spiritborn wrote: »
    latest?cb=20171002162258

I think they chose that because it's discovery related visual that's not used somewhere else (we already had a DSC vanity shield before the rep and they wanted to use the S31 shield for the lockbox).
    They talked about it in a live stream way back when the rep was being revealed. It's meant to look like your ship has mycelial junk smeared all over it.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    latest?cb=20171002162258

They talked about it in a live stream way back when the rep was being revealed. It's meant to look like your ship has mycelial junk smeared all over it.

With a sponge!
  • mneme0mneme0 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    Rep vanity shields are very (to put it kindly) inconsistent in quality so I'm not sure why the Disco rep shield should be any different. Considering that (presumably) the same texture artists do incredible work on other ship-related assets in the game I have always been puzzled by this.
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    So are you saying that it makes your ship glossy black? Cause if so hell yeah I've been trying to find that since lighting 2.0 jacked up the Reman shield visuals.

you know when your washing dishes and sometimes theres like a shiny oily residue on top of the water? imagine that on your hull. thats what it looked like on tribble.

Original TMP paintjob.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    gaevsman wrote: »
    latest?cb=20171002162258

With a sponge!

Wonder if it's good on whole grain......
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
    gaevsman wrote: »
    latest?cb=20171002162258

With a sponge!

Wonder if it's good on whole grain......

I hope they dissinfect the sponge.. all that spores.. ughh!...
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Engines and Deflector don't even have unique visuals, either. Overall, outside of the dark matter torpedoes and unique sound of the wide phaser dual beam banks, this space set is very lazy, visual-wise.

I guess it's aligned with the recent DSC-themed ships not having their bridges.
    Post edited by saurializard on
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
This discussion has been closed.