test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Are you guys planning to get the new Disco Constitution or D7?

Comments

• peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    Yes, I plan to get one because…
    No, I wont, cause I dont have a thousand bucks to blow to the rng gods.
    I'm pretty sure i'm just going to quit the game.

Are other means to get the ship for you out of the question as well? You can try to save EC over a longer timeframe and use it for the ship. Thats how I get my promoships as I dont linke to gamble and only use RL money for expantion packs and z-store ships on occasion. :)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    No, I won’t bother with them because…
    I understand and accept why Cryptic puts the most-wanted ships into packs instead of lock boxes, but it's more than I'm willing to pay.

I do wish the packs were not mostly useless R&D items and white doffs, so that the consolation prize contents sold for more and the exchange prices were lower.

Lock box odds of 1 in 250 vs. pack odds of 1 in 100 translate into the same average zen cost per ship. But lock boxes have so much more valuable goodies in them (weapons, shields, etc.) that the exchange price is 1/3 for boxes vs. packs.
  • srbin666srbin666 Member Posts: 65 Arc User

same here.. bb
  • guljarolguljarol Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    No, because they're outside of my price range.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @peterconnorfirst said:
    > azrael605 wrote: »
    >
    > More inclined for the D7 TBH, especially if KDF Roms can fly it as is indicated in the stats.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Yea I think that should work. No reason Jem'hadar toons can't use the versions of thier aligned faction ether or have they not been mentioned? :smile:

The stats say its flyable by Klingons and Klingon Allied so Jems should be good too.

I would be disappointed if i got my hands on this ship and i could not fly it on my Fed-Rom. The D7 should be a design shared by both Klingons and Romullans.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    No, can't be bothered with this BS anymore.

Take note Cryptic...people are starting to get fed up with your money grabbing and hiding everything behind massive grinds or insulting RNG paywalls.

Plenty of whales will keep pouring their cash into Cryptic's coffers just for an overpriced collection of pixels and give the impression this sort of TRIBBLE is acceptable, but for me - I'm out.
    SulMatuul.png
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    I have no interest in the ships as they have been currently presented. Single character unlocks for someone who is an altaholic, stay locked. I really don't care all that much about them being R&D Promo, Lockbox or Lobi anymore. If they made the items from R&D/Lockbox/Lobi store account unlocks, I'm sure I'd be dumb enough to spend money in an attempt to get some items. And not just ships, but uniforms, weapons, EV Suits, Pets and many others.

So for now, my vote is "No", I'm not planning on getting these ships. I will enjoy seeing them flown by others for the next couple of weeks and then watch them slowly phase out like every other ship has after the "new shiny" wears off. There was the Kelvin Connie, haven't seen one of those in months. Then the Temporal Connie, again, months since I last saw one. The Enterprise J, I actually saw one in the Crystalline queue over the weekend, but that was the fist one I'd seen in probably 6 months, if not more. Of course, I see the Vengeance all the time, probably their best selling ship, though it's Lobi, IIRC. There are other R&D/LB/Lobi ships I see, but the "BIG NAME" ones, I rarely see them. I know these and other ships are out there, but so few fly them anymore they've become extremely rare for me to see.

If folks like this system, they'll throw their resources (time, in-game currency, real money) at it. If they don't like the system, they won't. For me, my resources are better spent elsewhere than for single character unlocks.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Nah. The only ingame ships I want now are the Prometheus and Cardenas on my Feds and the Negh'Tev on my Klings. If they ever release a Newton, Norway, or BortaS bir then I'll have them but I don't really care about the D7 or Conni.

Maybe if they'd put some effort in and made all 11 (8 canon and 3 STO) Connis and 7 (5 canon and 2 STO) K't'ingas cross compatible, then they may have been worth saving up for. Instead we couldn't even get a bridge, never mind a model that includes all the various parts.
    Hell the D7s ingame already are already as low grade as they could possibly be. 1.5 Billion for a launch era model with a new hull texture slapped on and straight up hull swaps and not interchangeable components like other KDF ships and no bridge?

I don't mind the exorbitant price tag if what we got was worth it. The model artists for the ships released since about the Odyssey do such a fantastic job, but their time is so rushed everything comes out halfarsed. They don't have time to include interchangeable parts, bridges or interiors, link newer ships up with older ones, sort out hard points for every weapon type, arrange for new hull textures and bridge models to be back compatible, and so on.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    artan42 wrote: »
    If they ever release a Newton, Norway, or BortaS bir then I'll have them but I don't really care about the D7 or Conni.

Doesn't the BortaS bir share the same model as the recently released Command Dreadnought Cruiser?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    rattler2 wrote: »
    artan42 wrote: »
    If they ever release a Newton, Norway, or BortaS bir then I'll have them but I don't really care about the D7 or Conni.

Doesn't the BortaS bir share the same model as the recently released Command Dreadnought Cruiser?

The Qoj? No. The BortaS bir is an overall shorter ship that looks a lot like the Dyson Destroyers;
    dis-qatlh-top.jpg

The Qoj shares its shape and size with two other ships though, with all three more resembling Raptors;

Qoj
    dis-qoj-top.jpg

Qow
    dis-tlhapqa-top.jpg

Veqlargh
    dis-veqlargh-top.jpg
    ​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,844 Arc User
    it's tempting just because it's going to be exceedinly powerful. is there anotehr carrier in game with 8 weapon hardpoints and TWO hangars?
    Spock.jpg

• phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    No, probably will not bother since they are single-character unlocks that have almost no chance of dropping from the R&D package. If it was a doff box instead I might get one or two because I could use the doffs on a few characters yet, but I currently have no use for the R&D boxes urgent enough to pay cash for them.

That said, the ships look good on paper and I have characters who they would be great ships for (even just the phasers would be great for my TOS Fed characters) even though they are only rough approximations of the TOS ships (though a TOS bridge option for them in the customizer would be great). It is not the ships themselves that are the problem, it is the lack of practical access to them.
    questerius wrote: »
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @peterconnorfirst said:
    > azrael605 wrote: »
    >
    > More inclined for the D7 TBH, especially if KDF Roms can fly it as is indicated in the stats.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Yea I think that should work. No reason Jem'hadar toons can't use the versions of thier aligned faction ether or have they not been mentioned? :smile:

The stats say its flyable by Klingons and Klingon Allied so Jems should be good too.

I would be disappointed if i got my hands on this ship and i could not fly it on my Fed-Rom. The D7 should be a design shared by both Klingons and Romullans.

I could not agree more, D7 Stormbirds really should be in the game as a standard Romulan ship choice regardless of affiliation. In fact, in the show the first time you see that hull it is a squadron of D7 conversions in Romulan service.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    it's tempting just because it's going to be exceedinly powerful. is there anotehr carrier in game with 8 weapon hardpoints and TWO hangars?

Closest is the Sarco
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Sarcophagus_Dreadnought_Carrier
    4/3 with 2 hangers
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Here are the ships!

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,206 Arc User
    > @rattler2 said:
    > vetteguy904 wrote: »
    >
    > it's tempting just because it's going to be exceedinly powerful. is there anotehr carrier in game with 8 weapon hardpoints and TWO hangars?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Closest is the Sarco
    > https://sto.gamepedia.com/Sarcophagus_Dreadnought_Carrier
    > 4/3 with 2 hangers

The 26th century dreadnought Cruisers ships, (The Universe, Durgath, and Valkis) all have 4/4 weapons and 2 hangars
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Money is tight, and I only have enough Zen right now to maybe get a pack of 4, if I'm lucky.

The only time I got a R&D ship was the time I got twenty R&D boxes in one sitting. I lucked out with the fifth box, all the rest were 10 Lobi Crystals each.

All the other attempts, before and after was 10 LCs each and every one.
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,844 Arc User

Can I haz ur stuffs?
    Spock.jpg

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I want to buy it straight out.

Then do so, it's already been explained how.

If it's more then you're willing to pay.. simply don't buy it.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    Yes, I plan to get one because…
    Yeah cause i have enough EC to buy two TOS Connies
    GwaoHAD.png
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    iamynaught wrote: »
    I have no interest in the ships as they have been currently presented. Single character unlocks for someone who is an altaholic, stay locked. I really don't care all that much about them being R&D Promo, Lockbox or Lobi anymore. If they made the items from R&D/Lockbox/Lobi store account unlocks, I'm sure I'd be dumb enough to spend money in an attempt to get some items. And not just ships, but uniforms, weapons, EV Suits, Pets and many others.

So for now, my vote is "No", I'm not planning on getting these ships. I will enjoy seeing them flown by others for the next couple of weeks and then watch them slowly phase out like every other ship has after the "new shiny" wears off. There was the Kelvin Connie, haven't seen one of those in months. Then the Temporal Connie, again, months since I last saw one. The Enterprise J, I actually saw one in the Crystalline queue over the weekend, but that was the fist one I'd seen in probably 6 months, if not more. Of course, I see the Vengeance all the time, probably their best selling ship, though it's Lobi, IIRC. There are other R&D/LB/Lobi ships I see, but the "BIG NAME" ones, I rarely see them. I know these and other ships are out there, but so few fly them anymore they've become extremely rare for me to see.

If folks like this system, they'll throw their resources (time, in-game currency, real money) at it. If they don't like the system, they won't. For me, my resources are better spent elsewhere than for single character unlocks.

The Connie and the Ent J were probably mine. I fly all the mega rare ships I can get as my main ships.

Been flying my connie since I got it, nearly 3 years ago, I was LUCKY to have a friend who won 3 in a row and gave me one of them.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
This discussion has been closed.