test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Are you guys planning to get the new Disco Constitution or D7?

Comments

• atlantis#9395 atlantis Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    No, I won’t bother with them because…
    Paying 1b+ for a Single ship that has fancy stats and seems to be TRIBBLE all over the place and only for 1 alt... I could afford to buy some but TRIBBLE is the worst series out there and I don't even have an TRIBBLE alt that I'd use the ship on.. If it was an acc wide unlock... the price would be worth it for the fancy stats.. i mean 30 alts gotta fly something...

Edit: For some reason the Forums want to Censor Star Trek Discovery (aka TRIBBLE) and decide to replace it with Tribbles.. I guess even the forums know it's sooo bad.
  • legionexxodlegionexxod Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    Here's yet another T6 D7 that is blocked by RNG + a pay wall. Now I dont mind paying for something I really want, but the whole limited time random slim chance of getting it from the R&D boxes just makes it so not worth it for me... id rather play the real life lottery (which I dont) on one hand theres a chance that i could buy one box and get the T6 D7 (which would be awesome because I've wanted a t6 D7) for ages but theres also a chance that I could blow the bank (not that I would) buy 1000 boxes and come away with no ship... now im all up for supporting the game and all, but I'd much rather have a guaranteed chance of getting one... Now the thing that sets appart this D7 and the temporal D7 is that they are what i'd call special ships... they have more on them than equivalent C-store ships and for those lucky people who get them thats great, and im not saying take them away... But for me (and players like me) I do wish there were a box standard D7 or Ktinga at T6 in the C-store... or hell maybe a reward for life time subs... either way. I'd just rather trade cash for a specific thing rather than the slim chance of getting the specific thing... The reason I've posted this here is because I like building my characters thematically, I was going for an old fashioned TOS styled Klingon character with all the works. I've settled for a fleet ktinga... simply because I cant afford the EC on the exchange for one of these things, and I cant afford to gamble on boxes either. I hope this reaches good ears, if not, then at least I've voiced my thoughts on it.
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • dorn1858dorn1858 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I would love a Connie, but come on! Like I have time to grind 1.5+ billion EC or the money to drop hundreds of dollars on the chance to get a single ship, no matter how cool it is. Preventing 99% of the player base from playing one of the most iconic core ships of the franchise just because you're blinded by greed is terrible business sense and an insult to the community. You price something out of reach of the consumer you're going to sell fewer units, price it high enough and you sell so few units that you don't recoup your production costs.
  • dkeith2011dkeith2011 Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    Won't be spending a penny on them. I will not support gambling as a sales tactic.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Yes, I plan to get one because…

Hehe no. I was expecting perhaps 10% for yes and 90% for no here but it currently looks like we will be seeing quite a few new promoships in the sky over the next few days. :)

We'll also be seeing rage threads from people that spent hundreds of dollars and didn't get the ship. :lol::lol:

Hehe, I always feel sorry for those the first time it happens to one but for us longtimers its nothing more than business as usual to see that.

It's not as if we would not have enough in game means to get the ships via EC directly. Yea it takes time, like 2-3 months of time in my case in which I can't get anything else, but it works.

Before peeps have checked out the beams in detail I wont buy anything but if they happen to be worth it I might give it a go. I'm glad that playing with you this game is not considered a "grind" by me at all and I guess that 20% of the recourses it takes me to get a promo ship comes rdirectly out of the elite grounds the two of us use to do. B)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • vampeiyrevampeiyre Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Agreed, it will have plenty of punch using Beams, it just won't match a ship with Cannons.

I would agree with Pete, I would run a torp on it in order to take advantage of Mixed Armaments. One problem with the ship though is that if you want to use standard DPS 'tricks' like the Trilithium 2pc or mixing in the Terran Task Force Beam that will break up the aesthetic of those cool blue phasers.

The ship would look much cooler with 1 torp and the rest being the cool phasers. It would be nice if you could use those visuals on any weapon on the ship so that you could use the Terran Beam/Trilithium Omni, but sadly.. you can't. :disappointed:

I'm not sure a canon build is possible without nerfing this ship's performance.

I mean firstly, as noted, this ship comes with beams that perform better if you use more of them. It does feel like slotting a projectile weapon in a slot would slightly nerf the energy damage. I guess could slot the Terran phaser energy torpedo, but that is the wrong colour, and would it perform as well as a beam array in that slot?
    For two, speaking entirely in terms of visuals, we saw the DSC Enterprise fire bright red torpedoes. The only real match for that, in-game, is the Antiproton energy torpedo - but that would, obviously, not really suit a phaser-focused build.

And whilst it sounds silly, I don't know that I really want to break the aesthetic by adding orange beams to the build. Although I will likely deviate slightly as have an otherwise unused Epic MkXV Sensor-Linked Omni beam array that I feel would benefit this ship.

Mixed Armament Synergy (+30% - 50% Bonus All Damage) and 2 (!!!!) Hangars worth of pets will more than make up for slotting a torpedo or two.

Prolonged Engagement Torpedo from the Weekend Event store is the classic photon you'll want, and/or the Agony Phaser Torpedo from the Crystalline Cataclysm Event/Phoenix Box is another alternative.
    "I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."
    edited June 2019

Oh I like to be cited, so thanks. :)

Still I hope this thread is not used as an evil money grab venting platform. I understand that peeps are upset. The ship is sexeh and peeps want it. I'm sure cryptic has min maxed their business and way of distributing such desired items. They do not do so to upset peeps but to keep this game viable.

Play for it, pay for it or gamble for it. All works! After 7 years I did and seen it all.
    animated.gif
  • centurian821centurian821 Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    In all honesty, I don't know. I was really excited about the DSC Connie, but the lack of customization with previous parts is a real turn off.
    Yes, definitely getting the Discoprise.

Looks beautiful, stats are great, and the specs suit my preferred tanking and carrier play style, while also having enormous energy weapon damage potential due to full Miracle Worker specs. Pretty much going to be my main forever ship I think. I have the Temporal Light Cruiser on my old/co-main engineer, will use this new one on my new/co-main Tactical.

I agree account unlock would take the sting out of this purchase for most people. I know I'd prefer it. I honestly think Cryptic may actually even be dooming themselves ultimately if they don't make this move soon-ish.

Plus, in a F2P game, someone has to help keep the lights on and feed the devs. I'm fine dropping $200 on the game once a year or so.

As far as those exaggerating about no solid choices in the C-store, the existence of ships like the Arbiter/Kurak, Gagarin/Qugh, the Buran/Qoj, as well as the full-spec pilot ships cuts through such hyperbole, as well as the canonical hero ships from every show/era besides the TOS-derived and Discovery iterations being the only exceptions.
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,205 Arc User
    Its funny, it seems like only now has the playerbase seriously lashed out over the constant putting canon ships in lootboxes. I mean, they've been doing this lootbox shtick for what? 7 years now? And only now are people actually rioting?
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
    westx211 wrote: »
    Its funny, it seems like only now has the playerbase seriously lashed out over the constant putting canon ships in lootboxes. I mean, they've been doing this lootbox shtick for what? 7 years now? And only now are people actually rioting?

I assume you are joking. Search for the announcement threads when the TOS connie and Kelvin connies came out and it's exactly the same thing. You wold think with 37k posts you would have been around then?

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
    edited June 2019

I assume you are joking. Search for the announcement threads when the TOS connie and Kelvin connies came out and it's exactly the same thing. You wold think with 37k posts you would have been around then?

Oh no, I remember people getting upset for both of those, it just wasn't too this extent. Also thank you for kind of insulting me.
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    I'd get that d-7 in a heartbeat but sadly in less something crazy happens I am just never going to have the real money, zen, or ec.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    > @westx211 said:
    > Oh no, I remember people getting upset for both of those, it just wasn't too this extent.

It's not more or less now than it has been. It's just business as usual.

Just because "massivelyOP" picked it up doesn't mean this is big. That's not a big news outlet or anything, the article's (freelance) author is probably a user on this forum here, which is why this happened in the first place.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    angrytarg wrote: »
    > @westx211 said:
    > Oh no, I remember people getting upset for both of those, it just wasn't too this extent.

Just because "massivelyOP" picked it up doesn't mean this is big. That's not a big news outlet or anything, the article's (freelance) author is probably a user on this forum here, which is why this happened in the first place.

What I mean was, that I've seen many more people in game and on the forums talking about how much they hate this, than when the TOS Connie came out, or the kelvin connie.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    What can i say, i like the models especially the D7. I also like the advanced phaser and disruptor weapons. The universal consoles look like they're at least useful. Miracle Worker fits the ships.

Having said all that, i will NOT pursue a purchase of either ship. It is either a gamble box or 1B EC (let's not kid ourselves, it will probably go over that with ease on the exchange) for a character unlock. No thank you.

Had it been a C-store item then i would have been over the D7 like a hungry wolf over a T-bone steak.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    I don't actually know for sure yet.
    What stands against it are the limited customization options we'll have. But the D7 looks pretty good.

But I also don't know yet which character. My main Klingon already has the temporal D7 and the Durgath, another lockbox ship seems excessive, especially because I really enjoy flying both (even though I'd wish the D7's K'Tinga model had gotten an art upgrade like the TOS/TMP Connie did.)
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • ancientfighterancientfighter Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    szim wrote: »
    But frankly, these top tier promo ships should be account unlocks.

Because of the high cost they are, we should win a mini replica of the ship delivered to our house as well.
    I am not kidding...
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,971 Community Moderator
    I'd love to... but unlike my Zen grind ability, my EC grind is lacking.

I'll be in my corner.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    > @rattler2 said:
    > I'd love to... but unlike my Zen grind ability, my EC grind is lacking.
    >
    > I'll be in my corner.

Zen converts to EC. If you can grind zen then you are good to go.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
    angrytarg wrote: »
    > @westx211 said:

What I mean was, that I've seen many more people in game and on the forums talking about how much they hate this, than when the TOS Connie came out, or the kelvin connie.

No offense, but your memory must not be as good as you think it is. I certainly remember back then hearing exactly the same nuclear weapons-grade bitching and moaning that I'm hearing now, and I imagine Pepperidge Farms remembers that too.
  • bryguy#1741 bryguy Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    No I will not be getting them. I don’t support chance box gambling scams. I would have gladly bought both the Connie and D7 had they been in the C-Store.
    Thank you for the T6 Galaxy Class. - I support Tovan Khev. - Please bring back the exploration missions.
  • khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    Yes. I love the look of the ship and plan on getting it by either R&D box of grinding EC. One advantage of being on console is we can see upcoming ships and plan for it.
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    I have some zen laying around to try a couple 4 packs... if it pops I'll be hard pressed not to sell em to some moron for a billion or more instead of using em
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,971 Community Moderator
    Zen converts to EC. If you can grind zen then you are good to go.

Except I've currently got another project I'm working on that does require Zen. And I might have to help feed our Colony some more after that.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • srbin666srbin666 Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    $\€->Zen->Dill so go for it :D
    azrael605 wrote: »
    More inclined for the D7 TBH, especially if KDF Roms can fly it as is indicated in the stats.

Yea I think that should work. No reason Jem'hadar toons can't use the versions of thier aligned faction ether or have they not been mentioned? :smile:
    animated.gif
This discussion has been closed.