test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Command the Discovery Era Enterprise and D7!

Comments

• ishigami2ishigami2 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    Visuals look nice, too bad it is stand alone like the JJ and does not share its parts to the other Constitution classes.
    Stats look nice as far as I can tell.
    Not sure what to think of these new pets. How strong will those be? I mean 36 is a tand more than the usual 12 fighters, 8 shuttles or 4 frigates...
    Will be cluster TRIBBLE of visuals in any case.

As far as the Promo: Well can't say I'm too surprised. After all this game is build on wales. Got to leech them.
  • steaensteaen Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    Am I disappointed? Sure

Am I surprised? Not even one iota

Am I going to waste time getting angry? Nope, because it will change nothing

It's a shame, but it is what it is.
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Redacted
    Post edited by fred26291#2759 on
  • ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    Open more gamble RNG TRIBBLE !!!

ydiDHcz.png
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • bhixson1bhixson1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    No wonder this game is going down hill, every new ship they come out with, is a lock box ship, thanks for nothing cryptic.....
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    8d877971a5a5c5e52961b5d3bce24a676cb6b36c?url=https%3A%2F%2Fs-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com%2F736x%2Fdf%2Fd4%2Ffe%2Fdfd4fee8b212c100e10efb6efe77159a.jpg
    SulMatuul.png
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    Looks like the comic book guy wannabes are gonna be mega happy this summer. :|
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
    tomilak wrote: »
    I once wasted 4k zen on a TRIBBLE shoot for a ship once, NEVER AGAIN! You can keep the promo boxes and the lock boxes.
    When these ships make it to the exchange, the ones 190m and lower I will spend keys to get however, anything above 190m will not even be considered as an option to buy cause it is way too expensive. You may as well spend a few hundred on lock boxes and promo boxes and go for random chance.

1g9uUE1.jpg
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • gxv4gxv4 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Wouldn't it be easier to ask us to forward all our monthly income directly to Cryptic?
    Blue02.png
  • vincetzuwu#5400 vincetzuwu Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I'm not surprised as this is how most f2p models are, still disappointing. If you guys made these account unlocks it wouldn't be so bad.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    talgeeze wrote: »
    Who had the idea of naming a starship trait "P.L.O.T. Armor" ?

:: snicker ::
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    This wouldn't be too bad if they were account unlocks. But per character? No chance.

The pets are nice, though. As are the weapons.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    gxv4 wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be easier to ask us to forward all our monthly income directly to Cryptic?

You are better of selling one of your kidneys, and/or reproductive organs. :(
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • mneme0mneme0 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    Sadly, forum rules prohibit me adequately expressing my disdain.
  • videographer77videographer77 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    [quote="ltminns;c-13515832"]I already own one or two as I have two unopened T6 Promotion Ship Section Boxes. One being from the first R&D Infinity Promotion in December 2016.
    Patience is a Virtue.[/quote]

This doesn’t look like it’s going to work. According to the blog, only newly purchased R&D boxes opened during the promotion period will allow us the possibility of getting the DISCOprise.
  • fruitvendor12fruitvendor12 Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    I like what I'm seeing.

But I'm confused.

Kelvin/Disco/Disco2/Picard are, literally and legally, all about leaving this sort of IP behind. It's been two years since I last dropped high three figures on this game and I'm happy to start again - I was dropping about $800 US every other year since 2014. Stopped when it became clear this was Bad Robots new plaything to, umm... nevermind.

Maybe you can release a product path that reassures all of us who actually follow the corporate giants battle that wants to retcon fifty-five years of IP away? I'm genuinely intrigued by this offer even if it is too little.

I assume this is a market test. When there is a clear product plan I'll buy in. I'd already resigned myself that STO was phasing out into barely supported cash cow over the next three years.

Oh and while you're at it, maybe a VR strategy. I've sunk enough into VR the past year to buy a very nice car and more folks are doing the same to what will be the "console explosion" of 2024.

Signed,
    Someone who's been watching STC since, well, 1967. Because my aerospace engineer dad made me. ;)
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    mneme0 wrote: »
    Sadly, forum rules prohibit me adequately expressing my disdain.

how about this?
    qPIq2P5.jpg
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    I just want to be the voice of reason and point out that while I too am disappointed these are not C-store ships (or heck we got the Summer Event coming up. Why couldn't they put them there for us to make the work to unlock?) and rather locked behind a F-ING Gambling mechanic; the Dev team don't get to make this call. The ones we should be putting our ire towards are the people who make business decisions; i.e. CBS(possibly) and whoever oversees Marketing for this game (and others under the PWE umbrella..I am assuming that is where the decision came from mainly).

All this will do is hyperinflate the economy for EC more and add frustration to the playerbase. I was willing to throw down money for these ships but now...I got other concerns that need my monetary attention. I also don't like feeding into in-game gambling and while I love this game; this is a decision I will make clear my disappointment and disgust with.
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • fruitvendor12fruitvendor12 Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    (Derailing, off topic comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    Disappointed but not surprised in the slightest, another great looking Connie I'll never fly. Will stick with the Kelvin one.
    edited June 2019
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • kirk2811kirk2811 Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    steaen wrote: »
    Am I disappointed? Sure

Am I surprised? Not even one iota

Am I going to waste time getting angry? Nope, because it will change nothing

It's a shame, but it is what it is.

Agreed
  • om3ga13om3ga13 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    Tbh seeing this as R&D really sickens me as a lifetime player. Just as a player it should anger a lot of people this feels very greedy to me to put it in pack. Honestly it should of been put to the C-Store. I hope some day ships like these will become a C-store item and not R&D or lockbox of any sort for that matter.
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    raventomoe wrote: »
    All this will do is hyperinflate the economy for EC more and add frustration to the playerbase. I was willing to throw down money for these ships but now...I got other concerns that need my monetary attention. I also don't like feeding into in-game gambling and while I love this game; this is a decision I will make clear my disappointment and disgust with.

The HUGE irony of this particular issue is that not one month ago Borticus posted on Twitter I think asking how they could reign in the inflation in the economy in game, EC in particular.
    They have gone and done LITERALLY THE ONE THING THAT WOULD NOT SOLVE THAT issue.

GG Cryptic.....GG. :|

SulMatuul.png
  • shaneseifertshaneseifert Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    How do I get off this ride? This is EXACTLY how corporations get made out to be so damn evil in this country. As someone who has played this game since day 1, this is a bridge too far. Its the obvious lack of respect for fans that make a game like this possible that I cant get over. Make a space game, have all the mechanics you like that are in this game, but taking a beloved franchise and dangling the ship that started it all in a blatant attempt to make money KNOWING that there will be a backlash, KNOWING that you are abusing not only your customers, but the people that bought into Gene Rodenberry's dream of a better future. Those of you that allowed this to happen, are the NOT what Star Trek is about. Literally a show about people being the best version of themselves they can be, and this corporate trash heap literally said, "Meh, we don't care about the fans vs our profit". Not one more dime, not one more second playing this game. The only way to teach a business the error of its ways is to stop buying the product. Hit them in the pocket book. I had some good times playing this game, and honestly its hard to say good bye. I've used it for years to connect with friends in California since I am on the East Coast. I will find another way. What I wont do is allow a corporation to use a beloved icon to extort money from me on a "maybe you will win, but no guarantee." Exchange? The economy is so broken its not even funny. Not everyone has the time to grind the credits, or the hundreds of dollars to buy keys that are steadily losing value on the exchange. Im not even mad, its just..........sad.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    This doesn’t look like it’s going to work. According to the blog, only newly purchased R&D boxes opened during the promotion period will allow us the possibility of getting the DISCOprise.
    This misunderstanding isn't your fault because TBF their blog does not show complete information. Anybody who has already won a "infinity promo ship choice pack" and is sitting on it will be able to select a new Discoprise variant from it. Existing infinity promo packs do have a chance to give you the same "infinity promo ship choice pack" which you can use to choose a Discoprise. What you misunderstand and what the blog means is that non-promo R&D packs DO NOT give out lobi or an "infinity promo ship choice pack."
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • voodoopokeyvoodoopokey Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    Flight deck cruisers with 2 hangars? I thought flight deck ships universally had 1 hangar. Not that I mind, of course, but I'm getting so many mixed messages!
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Even after they update the Announcement Blog to add information, they don't correct the 23rd/26th Century Ship listings as pointed out to them.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
This discussion has been closed.