test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Command the Discovery Era Enterprise and D7!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
It's finally time: Two of the most-requested ships from @startrekcbs are here! The Discovery Era Constitution and D7 are coming to PC on June 20th, and you'll have a chance to grab one until July 11th!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11186423

Comments

• talgeezetalgeeze Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    Who had the idea of naming a starship trait "P.L.O.T. Armor" ?
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    talgeeze wrote: »
    Who had the idea of naming a starship trait "P.L.O.T. Armor" ?
    Obviously someone who is a comedic genius.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • centurian821centurian821 Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    I knew those were new phasers! These look really powerful. Are they kitbash-able with the others of their respective type like the Temporal Light Cruisers and do they have their own customization options yet to be shown?

I just had the image of a TOS Constitution flying into the thick of it with a couple squadrons of Class F shuttles at its side.

I like the lore justification as well. We've got an empty space frame here. Let's put all the modern tech inside that it can handle.

Oh, there's an error in the blog. The headings for the 26th Century Dreadnoughts and 23rd Century Starships are flipped.
  • tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    Oh mai... While disappointed that it isn't a C-store offering... I can't say that I'm all that surprised.
    However... New pets and lazors?!? *giggidy*
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    I like the D7, but i do not like rolling the dice to obtain one of these thus i will not participate in it.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    And the blog features the TOS version. Granted, it's to show it's part of the other R&D ship packs that include
    the T6 TOS Connie, but it's still not a thing to do, especially since it's not mentioned you can't mix parts.

Also, @baddmoonrizin, are those ships true Miracle Worker ships that include the Cyclical Quantum Slipstream Drive as well?
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • dkeith2011dkeith2011 Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    I like the D7, but i do not like rolling the dice to obtain one of these thus i will not participate in it.

Same here, I don't support exploitative gambling sales tactics.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    What a catchy name for the Enterprise - The Miracle Worker Flight Deck Crusier [T6].

'What ship is that, son?'

'It is a Miracle Worker Flight Deck Crusier. There are only twelve like her in the Fleet!'

About the flipping of descriptions in the Announcement Blog. It wouldn't be a true Announcement Blog without one.

;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    Not

'Captain, there are three Klingon Battlecrusiers on an intercept course!!'

But

Captain, there are three Klingon Miracle Worker Flight Deck Crusiers on an intercept course!!'
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • gav1979gav1979 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Woke up the other day to a post link from a friend who I play STO with and have a mutual love for Discovery. The link? was the youtube video showing the Discovery based Constitutions and the D7, the D7 is the ship I really was looking forward too and this post almost made me wet my pants in excitement.

I got home from work today after being unable to stop talking about the new D7 to read the post that this is a fracking R&D reward ship..... WTF

The rage..... The insult....

Considering that the last roll out of a constitution and D7 was the Temporal versions which go on the exchange for over 1billion because they too are R&D roll rewards, I thought this time they would be if not Zen ships which I would be happy to pay full price for, would be lobi ships.

I can't begin to explain how angry I am with this news today.
    edited June 2019
    valoreah wrote: »
    dkeith2011 wrote: »
    questerius wrote: »

Same here, I don't support exploitative gambling sales tactics.

Buying off exchange <> gambling.

It got on the exchange after it was acquired by the gambling mechanic, so still supporting gambling.
    Well, the Maquis Raider I fly is Miracle Worker and it has the Cyclical Quantum so I would say yes.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    > @dkeith2011 said:
    > questerius wrote: »
    >
    > I like the D7, but i do not like rolling the dice to obtain one of these thus i will not participate in it.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Same here, I don't support exploitative gambling sales tactics.

Then don't gamble, get the EC and buy it off the Exchange.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Yay, another release that's TRIBBLE worthless to me.

Oh well, can't really say I'm surprised or that I didn't see it coming a mile away... it is the ever-popular Constitution, after all.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
    ltminns wrote: »
    > @dkeith2011 said:
    >
    > I like the D7, but i do not like rolling the dice to obtain one of these thus i will not participate in it.
    >
    >
    >
    >

It got on the exchange after it was acquired by the gambling mechanic, so still supporting gambling.
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    disappointed.... not surprised in any way but disappointed.... the next 1b ship youll never own....
    just couldnt resist that blatant cash grab could ye? not even once?
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    > @dkeith2011 said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

It is not even a question if the price will go over 1B EC. IMO no ship is worth that much for a character unlock.
    Nope, i won't participate.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
    Ok, folks, however you feel about this release, let's not go overboard with the rhetoric, please. Thank you.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,644 Arc User

Hmmm...disappointing to say the least. Does this extend to the D-7 as well? Or can we expect an art pass on the previously available versions of the legendary Klingon Battlecruisers? They haven't seen any love since...game launch.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    No surprise these ships will be an R&D exclusive. They are 'special' ships and the Devs figure they'll get more folks to attempt to gamble for the rights to fly one, or both, thus spending loads of money. I'm fine with that. They both look like nice ships, with interesting pets and unique weapons. The Devs did a good job.

That said, I have zero interest in going for these ships, as like all things lockbox/lobi/R&D promo, they will be a single character unlock. Until the day comes that these items unlock for the entire account, I will simply not bother with even thinking about these types of promotions. If they were account wide, yeah, I'd probably buy some R&D packs, or keys for the lockbox/lobi ships. But in this kind of scenario, no.

And while possible that you can buy these ships off the exchange, if no one buys packs, or WINS one of these ships if they they do buy packs, buying them off the exchange isn't possible. So, I will thank the folks who sink the obvious thousands of dollars (combined, not individually) into gambling for these types of ships and who sell their excess to others on the exchange.

I for one await a CStore version that unlocks account wide (which will likely never happen) before I'll consider spending any resources, be it time, in-game currencies or real money, for them.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
    Would be nice to see this kind of abusive sales tactic rendered illegal with all the anti-loot box laws being considered.
    gav1979 wrote: »
    You... you actually thought they might end up in the c-store? EL OH EL!
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
    I already own one or two as I have two unopened T6 Promotion Ship Section Boxes. One being from the first R&D Infinity Promotion in December 2016.

Patience is a Virtue.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    iamynaught wrote: »
    No surprise these ships will be an R&D exclusive. They are 'special' ships and the Devs figure they'll get more folks to attempt to gamble for the rights to fly one, or both, thus spending loads of money. I'm fine with that. They both look like nice ships, with interesting pets and unique weapons. The Devs did a good job.

That said, I have zero interest in going for these ships, as like all things lockbox/lobi/R&D promo, they will be a single character unlock. Until the day comes that these items unlock for the entire account, I will simply not bother with even thinking about these types of promotions. If they were account wide, yeah, I'd probably buy some R&D packs, or keys for the lockbox/lobi ships. But in this kind of scenario, no.

And while possible that you can buy these ships off the exchange, if no one buys packs, or WINS one of these ships if they they do buy packs, buying them off the exchange isn't possible. So, I will thank the folks who sink the obvious thousands of dollars (combined, not individually) into gambling for these types of ships and who sell their excess to others on the exchange.

I for one await a CStore version that unlocks account wide (which will likely never happen) before I'll consider spending any resources, be it time, in-game currencies or real money, for them.

Well said.
  • tymerstotymersto Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    Woke up the other day to a post link from a friend who I play STO with and have a mutual love for Discovery. The link? was the youtube video showing the Discovery based Constitutions and the D7, the D7 is the ship I really was looking forward too and this post almost made me wet my pants in excitement.

I got home from work today after being unable to stop talking about the new D7 to read the post that this is a fracking R&D reward ship..... WTF

The rage..... The insult....

Considering that the last roll out of a constitution and D7 was the Temporal versions which go on the exchange for over 1billion because they too are R&D roll rewards, I thought this time they would be if not Zen ships which I would be happy to pay full price for, would be lobi ships.

Go yell at CBS (Rights Holders) and Cryptic/Perfect World (Greed). Also welcome to modern MMOs.
    STO CBT Player - 400 day+ Vet, Currently Silver
    Cryptic, would you actulaly like me to spend actual Money? It's Simple:
    • Full, Story-driven, select from start 1-50 Klingon Side
    • Scrap current Lock Box & Lobi system for something more reasonable
    • Expand Dil and Rep/Fleet Marks to regular story content
  • zaraszzarasz Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Probably because the players think like gamers and not like a greedy company that pretends to be gamers.
  • centurian821centurian821 Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    zarasz wrote: »
    Probably because the players think like gamers and not like a greedy company that pretends to be gamers.
    They are just one player. Not "the players" as I am a player myself and I'm not naive like these "the players" that you bring up. This is the real world, son. The free market dictates that these ships should be in a promo box. Therefore they are.
This discussion has been closed.