test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What will be your T6 coupon ship?

Comments

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    jiralinria wrote: »
    Got a rather stupid question... missed the first event for the marks of the coupon, but this one I plan on playing entirely. So, with another event following this one I assume, can I still reach the requested mark count??? I so want a Cardassian ship, only bought the smaller ViL pack... :s

I am not sure how it breaks down Mathematically, but yeah.. you should still be able to get enough, especially with the Double Coupon weekends that they sometimes do.

If worse comes to worse, you can trade some Dilithium for Zen and do the buy out on the next event and then run it anyway. That would certainly do it and would still be a massive discount on a 3k Zen ship.

You should be fine. :smile:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • jkwrangler2010jkwrangler2010 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    Probably going to get the Narendra Support Cruiser T6 for the "History will Remember" trait.

Game Description: Prolonged conflicts become more desperate - and more heroic - as time wears on, and only those ships and crews with the fortitude to withstand such onslaughts are remembered in the annals of history. With this trait slotted, each Foe that damages you will grant you a stack of History Will Remember, which imparts increased weapon damage, hull capacity, and hull regeneration. Each foe only counts for a single stack, no matter how many times they damage you. Each stack will last until you leave the map, and you may have up to 30 stacks maximum. Stacks may only be gained a maximum of once per second.

For each Foe that damages you, gain 1 stack of History Will Remember (30 stacks max) which grants the following until you leave the map:
    +1% All Damage
    +1% Hull Regen
    + Increased Maximum Hull by 1%
    +10% Threat Generation (only when Threatening Stance is active)
  • jiralinriajiralinria Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    jiralinria wrote: »
    Got a rather stupid question... missed the first event for the marks of the coupon, but this one I plan on playing entirely. So, with another event following this one I assume, can I still reach the requested mark count??? I so want a Cardassian ship, only bought the smaller ViL pack... :s

I am not sure how it breaks down Mathematically, but yeah.. you should still be able to get enough, especially with the Double Coupon weekends that they sometimes do.

If worse comes to worse, you can trade some Dilithium for Zen and do the buy out on the next event and then run it anyway. That would certainly do it and would still be a massive discount on a 3k Zen ship.

You should be fine. :smile:

Ah thanks for the info! :)

• mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Most likely the Kolasi Siege Destroyer.

Looks like a decent ship and would grant access to the 'Stinger' pets

Got the ship, but don't think i have ever used the pets.
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Hangar_-_Elite_Nausicaan_Stinger_Fighters

Always liked the orion shuttles/fighters better.
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Hangar_-_Elite_Orion_Slavers
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Hangar_-_Elite_Orion_Cutpurse_Fighters
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Hangar_-_Elite_Orion_Interceptors

Especially the slavers.

I seem to remember the Nausican Stingers are one of the best carrier pets in the game, DPS wise. But I must admit, I haven't used them much either yet.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    I'm torn. I do want my Cardenas Class even if I have to wait for it, however I also want the Qoj and I suppose it would make sense to buy one with the token and hope for a 30% sale on the other but I don't like breaking packs when I can use the token to buy a standalone ship.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    For alt account ended up getting T6 Dreadnought Warbirds, not worth getting the T5s with consoles that have been left in the dust, and it gives free Scimitar skin, not the Tulwar I was hoping for but better than the ugly T6 skins. So alt account now not sure, maybe Morrigu, Laeosa, Faeht, or Vastam.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    I think I've just about decided on an Arbiter on my main acct and maybe a Dauntless or Chimesh on my alt acct.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »
    I think I've just about decided on an Arbiter on my main acct and maybe a Dauntless or Chimesh on my alt acct.

The points are account wide and AFAIK disappear after purchasing the free T6 ship.
    AFAIK even with the boost packages you cannot claim a second ship on an alt. That will cost 3000 Zen as usual.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    I have a LTS acct and a F2P acct.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    None.

I haven't been able to play the PC version much, my notebook isn't built for that kind of task. My PS account will likely be retired once I get a new computer. Besides working on some personal endeavours every now and then on the PS4, I couldn't really be bothered to seriously work on that account, let alone on a 60-day project.

For these reasons, I have also not been very active on the forum as of late. Sorry if anyone missed me. :p I'll be back in a month or so.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    Some of the new ships look great though. I might buy one of the DSC ships, especially considering the Miracle cruiser.

But I'll be really happy flying any ship on PC again soon :)
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • srbin666srbin666 Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    "Defiant" aka Tac Valiant for the Trait Withering Barrage
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    I've decided on the Yamato Galaxy dreadnought. I don't have any interest in the other ships in that pack, so no loss there. I don't like the need to fleet it to bring it up to par, especially since it will require some console sets to bring its turn rate up to playable. But since it is destined to be the main ship for a yet to exist temporal recruit, maybe it will be more palatable with the freebees that event bring for fleet stuff. Obviously that requires a temporal recruit rerun, which is assumed will happen later this year based on past events. If they don't rerun it, the ship is just going to be admiralty fodder for the other Feds, sadly. I think its fair to assume they will rerun it sooner or later, though.

I've always liked the Galaxy dreadnought design for a lot of reasons. Its easily one of the most interesting star trek designs. For one it is the most realistic refit in the ST universe, akin to the old US battleships and their total redesign from the early 1900s to WW2. When you look at pictures of a ship like the USS Texas and how they totally changed the superstructure from its original design until its final incarnation and realize its the same ship, this is something totally missing from Star Trek, outside of the Galaxy dreadnought. The third nacelle and beefing up of the ship also adds a lot of necessary visual balance to the ship that the proper Galaxy lacks which always made it look extremely awkward to me.

Its also a design direction that was never adopted in future ST shows or movies, with 3 nacelles and warp 13, where Star Trek went a completely different direction (and I'm sure we can all agree warp 10 was a better idea, right Janeway?), which makes it extra fascinating. Its also something you have to wonder about: why are there no other three nacelle ships when such things are already cannon? They aren't in any other ST show or STO, and that is a very strange omission. It is an anachronism that will fit very well with a temporal recruit.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    The Hestia... never get around to get it… i have the T5.. but always loved the look of the T6..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    May well bank mine, since the ship I want doesn't have a T6 model yet.

You'd think that with the push to T6 ships for every rank that they'd be able to squeeze in the T6 Ransom Class or even the T6 Reyan Class starship based on the T2 Nova class ship.

"The Nova class first entered service in the late 24th Century as a science and scout vessel."

We can rebuild the Nova class. We have the technology. We have the capability to make Starfleet's first T6 Science Scout ship. The U.S.S. Ransom will be that starship. Better than it was before. Better...stronger...faster."

:smiley:
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    Hit 2300 today so 14 days to go, unless there are bonus weekends then it is a little sooner.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • mneme0mneme0 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    Considering they have only increased the grind for getting a ship to T5 and it is still not an account unlock, I am disinclined to even bother using the coupon once I earn it. Though I like Discovery I am not greatly impressed with their ship aesthetic and I have largely exhausted the ships I would actually be interested in. Perhaps when a new spec or Picard-series content comes out I will be more interested but at the moment I am likely to just blow it on some random ship class I never got around to getting, like a Miracle Worker cruiser.
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    Sorry if it’s been mentioned... What is the opinion on the Ouroboros Temporal? I don’t like the looks of the other two in the pack, and want something that can be used on other factions... Also, I have just about everything else... If the Ouroboros is a “no”, then I’m going to wind up banking it...
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    crm14916 wrote: »
    Sorry if it’s been mentioned... What is the opinion on the Ouroboros Temporal? I don’t like the looks of the other two in the pack, and want something that can be used on other factions... Also, I have just about everything else... If the Ouroboros is a “no”, then I’m going to wind up banking it...

I can try and answer, but before I do.. lets just keep in mind that we're talking about an opinion here. I will give you mine, but keep in mind that it's extremely rare for the entire community to agree on rather or not a ship is 'good' or not.

With that in mind.. the raider has some good points and a few drawbacks..

Positive:
    1. One of the very few ships available to feds with a battle cloak
    2. Raider Flanking.. nice!
    3. Incredibly versatile bridge officer layout (they're all universal like other raiders.)
    4. 5 Tactical consoles, a good thing for Damage Focused ships (which raiders should be.)
    5. The trait is useful for builds that don't have a built in method of Engineering cooldown.
    6. Excellent maneuverability, turn rate, and inertia rating. This ship is exceptionally easy to control.
    7. Fairly good console. While it might not be D.O.M.I.N.O. it's an acceptable substitute.
    8. Cross Faction ship.. usable by any character you have.

Negative:
    1. Only 4 forward weapons. This isn't a deal breaker, but it's a little disappointing on a ship that's otherwise perfect for front facing builds. Five forward would have really made this ship special.
    2. Soft.. really really soft. This isn't specific to this ship, all raiders take extra skill to keep alive. Build with this in mind.
    3. Temporal Operative seats are not particularly desirable.

Overall, I think the positives outweigh the negatives. Assuming there is nothing else in the Store you really need.. the Ouroboros is a pretty nice little ship. I have the 3 pack, but the Ouroboros is the only one of the ships I ever actually fly. I don't have any science characters, and I have never been able to make myself like the Chronos.

As a candiate for the free T6 Token, I personally think the Ouroboros is a solid choice. It's a fun little ship.

Insert witty signature line here.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    As a candiate for the free T6 Token, I personally think the Ouroboros is a solid choice. It's a fun little ship.
    Fully agreed on your assessment. While it's not a ship you'd bring up when discussing the best ships in the game, it's a very respectable choice mostly since it is so versatile.

When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • dumas13dumas13 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    The 31c ships are all pretty good, though offensive Temporal powers work best if you're able to boost exotic damage and I'm not sure how they interact with raider flanking. The main problem I've had with them is the entropy mechanic, which makes it difficult to get the most out of certain powers. Still, there are some options to splash in a little healing or debuffing.

If you've ever wanted to fly a Bird of Prey with a Federation character, this is probably as close as you can get. The seating's pretty much identical to the T6 Kor aside from the specialization.
  • lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    Most likely the Kolasi Siege Destroyer.

Looks like a decent ship and would grant access to the 'Stinger' pets

It also discounts the Fleet Garumba Siege Destroyer T6 to 1 fleet module
  • madhatch1971madhatch1971 Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    Hit 2550 today. I'm aiming for the T6 Dauntless. Played with the fleet version and grew to like it, so I'm going to account unlock it and use it for a new toon :-)
    People ask how long have I been playing STO - well the answer is simple: I have been here since the beginning. I just haven't always had a lot to say.
  • shadowwolf2k7shadowwolf2k7 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    on my main account I am going with the t6 defiant since I already have access to the t4 and t5 variants soit will gain the battle cloak ability. for my second account I am going with the t6 dreadnaught cruiser, because I like the looks of its traits and combing the saucer separation from the t5 galaxy and the cloaking device from the t5 defiant the t6 dred. cruiser will gain defense and something else that I cant remember.
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    @seaofsorrows
    @salazarraze
    @dumas13

Thank you all for your opinions... That was exactly what I was looking for. Someone who has experience with the ship to tell me things an online data sheet can't...

Thanks!
    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • xraiderv1xraiderv1 Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    well I WOULD go with the Buran except as a ship thats available in the new tab..its automatically excluded from being eligible for my discount coupon..which I just got this morning :'(
    Murphy's laws:
    1- Murphy’s Law tells us that anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
    2- And anything that does go wrong will get progressively worse.
    3- And if you survive the first two laws it’s time to panic.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
    xraiderv1 wrote: »
    well I WOULD go with the Buran except as a ship thats available in the new tab..its automatically excluded from being eligible for my discount coupon..which I just got this morning :'(

Hang on to your coupon then until it comes off the black list.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • unotetsuunotetsu Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    I have one coupon is there a way to get another coupon or am I done for the year?
    I must warn you, I am quite Isane! I am Grand Duchess of the Abh Empire: Beneej Letopanyu Spoor!
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    You are done until and if they ever decide to do this again.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • unotetsuunotetsu Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    You are done until and if they ever decide to do this again.

awwww

( shrugs )

I must warn you, I am quite Isane! I am Grand Duchess of the Abh Empire: Beneej Letopanyu Spoor!
This discussion has been closed.