test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Covert Cannons... Bug?

tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
I was just playing around with the new Covert Cannons (Dual, DHC and Turrets)... one thing I found rather disorienting is... they don't appear to have a visual when firing... The only thing I saw coming from my ship, were the torps firing.

Anyone else experiencing this?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    They're covert. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    If you were running Crystalline, there's frequently so much visual spam that you will not be able to see your own energy weapons fire regardless of which type of energy weapon you have.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    If you were running Crystalline, there's frequently so much visual spam that you will not be able to see your own energy weapons fire regardless of which type of energy weapon you have.
    Argala, actually... Even when not using my torps, I can't see the cannons firing. The beams show just fine though.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    They'e so covert they are stealth weapons. You can't even see them until they hit you!

Joking aside... sounds like a visual bug.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,635 Arc User
    Covert cannon fire shows up for me, it's red thin bursts that are slower animating than usual cannon fire.

You can still get the drop-out issue in Argala, but usually only against the Malon and having extra stuff going on like Jem'Hadar Wingmen doing stuff, as the game engine has to figure out whether to render the gas clouds they put out versus other things on screen like your weapon fire. Usually, it's the gas clouds that don't get rendered and I have to figure out why my hull is going down and I'm slowed severely, then I pan my camera and find out that I'm in a gas cloud and have two tractor beams on me that weren't being rendered. Turning down 'Max Physics Objects' in settings might help. One of the problems with a ten year old game engine meant for a superhero game.
This discussion has been closed.