test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Coupon Progress Tokens - what happens after the claim ?

borg0vermindborg0vermind Member Posts: 498 Arc User
Let's say I have 2900 or 3000 Coupon Progress Tokens.
I get the offer that five an additional 500. So I will have 3400 in total.

What happens to the other 400 after I claim the token with 3000 of them ?

What happens after claiming a ship ?
Am I left with the rest of 400 and they keep increasing during the rest of the current event or does everything gets deleted after the ship claim ?

Comments

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I don't think anyone knows the answer to this yet, but it's clear that Cryptic has done away with 'hoarding' excess marks from any events.

My guess would be that 3000 is the limit anyone can have at one time. Now if you spent those and put yourself back to zero would you be able to then earn more? I wonder if they considered that scenario?

Either way, no one outside of a developer is going to know the answer to this question and they very rarely answer questions from the player base.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • borg0vermindborg0vermind Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    Well, some already claimed ships with this system so maybe they could give some feedback.
  • ambush#5204 ambush Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Let's say I have 2900 or 3000 Coupon Progress Tokens.
    I get the offer that five an additional 500. So I will have 3400 in total.

What happens to the other 400 after I claim the token with 3000 of them ?

What happens after claiming a ship ?
    Am I left with the rest of 400 and they keep increasing during the rest of the current event or does everything gets deleted after the ship claim ?

I Have reached the target and claimed my T6 Ship token and that is that, Its all over the excess is gone.
    Thanks for confirming gone excess. But can you get tokens again from zero onward ?
    Can anyone confirm this ?
  • despotofcartoonsdespotofcartoons Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    I have not been getting any further progress. I claimed my discount coupon yesterday, played CCE today, and while I was "awarded" 50 coupon progress tokens, the counter no longer shows a running total, and so it seems that my token count no longer increases.

It would seem that one can only earn a single ship for this round.
    Thank you for the feedback. Hope they are not lost and do still count somewhere for a next claim.
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    Wasn't this whole thing originally characterized roughly as "we're trying something new" with no assurances given that it would continue beyond earning a free Tier 6 ship of choice this time, with possible changes, a repeat (or not), or something different happening at some later date? A test run so to speak.
    The thing is, by my calculations I end-up with 2900 at the end of the current event so I'm actually wondering if it's worth getting the 500 extra or just wait for the next event.
  • captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 895 Arc User
    It would be a gamble. You'd be assuming that:

1. They run another event like this.
    2. The tokens will carry over.

I'd say that's quite a big assumption. I would probably do it snuway, as I have a use for the rep marks and event vouchers from doing the event.

K
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    They said there would be three Featured TFO Events that would provide progress to the free Ship.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    Well, I don't need an emergency ship atm, so I can wait for the next one, that's not a problem.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    The thing is, by my calculations I end-up with 2900 at the end of the current event so I'm actually wondering if it's worth getting the 500 extra or just wait for the next event.

You're fine, this is only event #2 out of 3. There are 3 featured queue runs for the coupon so you will make it with plenty to spare.
    Well, I don't need an emergency ship atm, so I can wait for the next one, that's not a problem.

There has never been any indication that there will be another one. This is something they're trying for the first time, so spend the coupons, don't count on a re-run. Even if there is another run down the road, Cryptic is definitely moving away from allowing people to 'hoard' event tokens.

I would spend the coupons.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 895 Arc User
    > @ltminns said:
    > They said there would be three Featured TFO Events that would provide progress to the free Ship.

Yep, I should have been clearer. I was counting the three events where you can gain T6 ship tokens as one event.
  • captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    I sort of forgot about all of this anyway and am just waiting for the upcoming end to the Discovery era content. More than willing to sacrifice the possibility of a free ship of any kind, just to see the end of this run of content. I'm okay that others have enjoyed it as that is their privilege, but none of it has been my cup of tea!
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,998 Arc User
    The T6 coupons do actually run through to The Fall so you can either buy the extras and lose the residual (your choice) or wait till the next featured TFO (again your choice). I completed the coupons as of the last double tokens with this latest TFO and yes you do automatically lose excess over the 3000. Personally I think it was made too easy to reach the 3000 too quickly by having the ability to buy extra coupons. I would rather of seen more double events rather than being able to buy extras. But that's my personal view. I hope they run the free T^ ship again next year as I did find it rather good fun.