test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Event Mission Auto Completion! Second Column?

garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
edited June 2019 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
do the mission in the second column complete too? some time ago whe had a second column on the events! as the column whent away the missions stayed. so if the first column clears now , will the missions in the 2. complete too?
Post edited by garaks31 on

Comments

• lhoygowlhoygow Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    I think maybe you mean 2nd column? That is the case for me. On the first toon I only had 1 crystalline to finish and it auto completed as stated in the blog. 2nd toon I went to had 2 crystallines to finish (back when we had 2 columns in the rep projects), 1st one auto completed, 2nd one just sits there. Have additional toons all that have crystalline in partial completion and now none of them will auto complete.
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    yep have those partial problems too , and many 1. 2. column not completing
  • rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    I think I am affected too
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    Guys, this might be due to lag. After about 30 seconds of looking at my screen of uncompleted events, the "collect reward" button showed up for every single one on every character. Regardless of the row.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    It used to be that we could have 10 event rep projects slotted at once. It looks like the second set of them got erased. Probably shortly after the UI got changed to not show them any more.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited June 2019
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Try adding resources to Fleet Projects and watch it sit there doing nothing until you kick it in the rear by adding resources to some other Fleet Project.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,698 Community Moderator
    i'm keeping an eye on this thread and if they don't complete then let me know after the update
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    What's this second column? None of my Reputations on any Character has a second column anymore since they changed the UI.
    Post edited by ltminns on
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    edited June 2019
    the second one is gone now , but some/i slotted missions there so now when the missions in the 1. clears the ones on the 2. show up ... the lag on the fleet contrb. is there for a while now and thnks darkbladejk
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    that's just it, if the second column was still there, then completing the first column should have caused them to shift left. I didn't see that happen.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited June 2019
    that's just it, if the second column was still there, then completing the first column should have caused them to shift left. I didn't see that happen.

if you sure you had some missions there ,you must send a ticket for that

@darkbladejk , some in the 1. column resolve some not

the ones that resolve get missions from 2. column but they don't resolve !! reloged and back and stuff ..

1. column s that resolved last week also resolve 2. colomn s but also some of them
    Post edited by garaks31 on
    edited June 2019
    i'm keeping an eye on this thread and if they don't complete then let me know after the update

@darkbladejk While this patch solved many issues, I still have one project leftover on one character, Omirnel

I don't ask for the dilitium or account unlock for that one (I've got A LOT on that patch... I know enough is enough :)) but reporting so that players who really deserve it (unlike me on that char) could benefit from my report.

Trying to explain the mechanism the best way I can:
    Basically it's a combination of a specific (old, solved today) issue with one project hiding another until today's patch, and a late second (right) column issue which was not active/at 1st left column right at 1st login after patch (or ofc before it, if applicable) and only now slipped into the left (1st) column but only after the initial login was completed and a button was pressed to claim the other project. (an issue which is unsolved yet).

1st project (left one, completed today) was not successfully unlocked last week due to an unknown reason, (I don't remember the details but it was one of ~4-5 projects which were problematic on the 1st patch on some chars but not all) and a second column project was still "hidden" behind it while this week's patch hit and solved most issues. So this week a left 1st column's project was unlocked, moving another right (2nd column's) project into left, visible position (column one) that way while it was completed.

However, that originally second column's project came/slipped into the visible/active/1st column area only after that char's logon after this week's fix patch, while on that 1st login on that char after today's patch, I pressed a button to complete/claim it (even though that char logged on after each of the last two weekly patches) hence was not completed by the 1st login since last patch itself or, if applicable, before it (and also not while moving areas and relogging etc - I played that char since.)

The non completed project this time is one which was already unlocked for the whole account, and as said I've got much dilitium due to the patch and the fixing patch (thank you for that) so I am just reporting in case some other players don't have it resolved.

P.S.
    Could be @garaks31 has the same issue as awkwardly described above in this post.

Another thing - thank you also for offering your help in this topic :)
    Post edited by rndfluctuation#1470 on
  • solisnightsolisnight Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Following the 13/06 Patch All the active rep projects I had auto-completed, however the Projects that were queued behind those in the hidden second slot didn't autocomplete when they became active
    edited June 2019
    Yes, I tried to inform @darkbladejk too on the related topic:
    https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/comment/13514899#Comment_13514899

Thank you for your eloquent writing
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,698 Community Moderator
    My apologies folks, I never received the notifications for the tags and one of the other mods had to let me know. I'm going to check my settings so this doesn't happen again. My apologies for the delay. I've also merged the discussion topic into here for ease of convenience. I've alerted Kael to what's up with some projects still not completing.

What I need from you guys is to let me know what projects you still have that haven't completed. As an example below.

"Crystalline - Crystalline Torpedo
    Mirror Invasion - ISS Stadi"

I need to know what event it's from and the reward for that project you would receive. Let me know what you guys still have active as well as toon and @handle.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • inflamedcoloninflamedcolon Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    > @darkbladejk said:
    > My apologies folks, I never received the notifications for the tags and one of the other mods had to let me know. I'm going to check my settings so this doesn't happen again. My apologies for the delay. I've also merged the discussion topic into here for ease of convenience. I've alerted Kael to what's up with some projects still not completing.
    >
    > What I need from you guys is to let me know what projects you still have that haven't completed. As an example below.
    >
    > "Crystalline - Crystalline Torpedo
    > Mirror Invasion - ISS Stadi"
    >
    > I need to know what event it's from and the reward for that project you would receive. Let me know what you guys still have active as well as toon and @handle.

I have the issue with a couple of my toons for projects that were in the 2nd column.
    @inflamedcolon
    The projects:
    Mirror invasion-agony phaser torpedo
    Mirror invasion-interphasic instability console
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    My apologies folks, I never received the notifications for the tags and one of the other mods had to let me know. I'm going to check my settings so this doesn't happen again. My apologies for the delay. I've also merged the discussion topic into here for ease of convenience. I've alerted Kael to what's up with some projects still not completing.

What I need from you guys is to let me know what projects you still have that haven't completed. As an example below.

"Crystalline - Crystalline Torpedo
    Mirror Invasion - ISS Stadi"

I need to know what event it's from and the reward for that project you would receive. Let me know what you guys still have active as well as toon and @handle.

I still have projects unresolved for me.
    Handle: @ichaerus1
    Character 1: Kholdan Hates-Geko

Project: Mirror Invasion - Agony Phaser Energy Torpedo Launcher

Character 2: Jiransa Netheryn

Project: Mirror Invasion - Agony Phaser Energy Torpedo Launcher

As of 2130 hours Pacific Standard Time for 06-14-2019, Kholdan Hates-Geko still has the Mirror Invasion project for the Agony Phaser Torpedo unresolved. It'll be at least an hour before I can check on Jiransa Netheryn as well.
    Post edited by ichaerus1 on
  • feliseanfelisean Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    i have an open breach project too at one of my toons, havent checked all of them tho ;)
    edited October 2019
    @darkbladejk

Project: "Crystalline - Antiproton Matter Conversion Dual Heavy Cannon , Antiproton Matter Conversion Beam Array" (one project, two rewards)
    Handle: @rndflactuation
    Character: Omirnel

It's on the 1st from above, active tab now. PROJECT NAME EDITED since I mistyped, but it refers to the same project as before.

EDIT: this specific project was autocompleted in 24/10 (solved)
    another one is reported later. (late update: the last, other issue was solved after 31/10/2019's maintenance as well)

Notes:

Only a single project left for me as noted above, now it's an active project on the visible (left/1st) slot but it used to be queued.

I have this unlocked for the account including that character and I think the project itself is not problematic, the problem is it was queued (behind a problematic project which was fixed this week) at the time last patch arrived, and only now after 1st login, slipped into an active place. I think this is the problem the others are facing now, and it's like, as I understand now, @garaks31 tried to report first.

As said, I don't personally ask for the dilitium for that project (I've got a lot on last two patches) or the account unlock (it's unlocked) but reporting for the sake of the bug fix.

Also as an off topic note in referring to what you just wrote, I wish to express my appreciation for attending to this topic, and no problem at all.
    Post edited by rndfluctuation#1470 on
    edited June 2019
    I forgot to note regarding a speculation:

It could have been some characters/players did not login after EACH of the last two patches, or just after previous week's patch, or just didn't claim projects (after previous week's patch and) before this week's patch, and if they had queued projects one after another then for such players/characters there may be a worse/more common/possibly multiple projects issue regarding queue of projects not slipping into an active position yet and possibly even for projects queued after non problematic projects (which were just not cleared by an initial login, if applicable).

BUT THE ISSUE DESCRIBED ON PREVIOUS POST IS A BIT DIFFERENT and is (also) concerning players who were actually logged in and claiming 1st project as possible since last week's patch and before this week's patch and still had an issue due to a problematic project not unlocked by previous week's patch and having another queued project behind it.

This is mentioned here since both issues are caused eventually by the second queued project not being processed while not active, hence in a way these are both parts of the bigger issue. Sorry for not being able to be eloquent but I want the bigger issue to be resolved also for players who didn't report or who hadn't logged in after each/any of the recent two patches :) thanks.
  • solisnightsolisnight Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    After Checking all of my Alts, I didn't have any ACTIVE projects that were supposed to auto-complete that didn't autocomplete after this latest patch, However Not one of my QUEUED projects (those in the historical second slot) auto-completed.

• tribbulatertribbulater Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    @darkbladejk

I've sorta lost track of which update was supposed to fix which projects. I have a character that logged on every day (the one I am currently running) - all his projects completed. On the characters I only logged in once or twice, the problem occurred with 2 separate projects.

Handle: @tribbulater
    Characters:
    Aluara, Raven, Kal'ar, Ray: Mirror pistols reward, crystalline project
    Tashira: Mirror Pistols, crystalline, and also Bio-Engineered Furidon, Breach project

Character Tarik logged in each day and all his projects completed, and the Jem captain was too new to have any old projects slotted.
  • vendoodvendood Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    My situation is similar. My main character, running the recent events, logged on every day, and got all his projects completed. My other characters I generally only log in on the weekend, or for special events.

Account @vendood, my main got the Breach project Bio-Engineered Furiadon to complete (I think, or maybe he completed it back when it first ran).

Captains Jharek, K'Vedra, Mehda, Tanay and Sypok all had the Breach/Bio-Furiadon project, but none of them completed. They all had another project slotted, forget what it was, Crystalline or Mirror I guess, and those all completed.
  • hitchhiker0680hitchhiker0680 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I also still have events which are stuck, I guess they had been released from second column after last fix.

@darkbladejk
    Event - reward: "Unto The Breach - Bio-Engineered Furiadon Combat Pet"
    Character: John@hitchhiker0680

Event - reward: "Mirror Invasion Event - Mirror Universe Phaser Dual Pistols"
    Character: Za'phod@hitchhiker0680
    i send a ticket about my 24 out of 56 toons that still have projects.
    ... I can confirm that the developers have known an issue where some projects did not auto-complete for a number of players. Rest assured that we're currently investigating and a fix is already in the works...
  • magnamaelduinmagnamaelduin Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    Is there going to be a general solution for this, or is it getting resolved on an account by account, alt by alt basis for those who listed their accounts and alts in this thread?
  • sirniveksirnivek Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I have the issue where 2 of my toons have Mirror events which have not completed. Seeca and Erika. What is the status for getting this resolved?
  • botanybangbotanybang Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    I have that issue, too, but my computer died, and my substitute-laptop I'm using right now can't handle the game, so I can't look which projects there are.
    That being said, it's my and my fleeties' observation, that any project slotted back in the day when we could queue a second project after the active one, didn't complete, no matter what project it was.
    Here a screenshot of the old UI:
    Over%20view%20resized.jpg
    Projects slotted in the nowadays hidden "Add Next Project" move to the visible slot upon completion of the project slotted there, and are not completing.