test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

T6 Zen store ships not available after tutorial.

I have noticed in the past week or two that any TOS and Discovery Era Federation characters I make can't access any T6 ships even after completing the Tutorial for their faction. The exception of the 31st century starships are available after tutorial but every other T6 ship I have purchased say that the character doesn't meet the requirements for the ship. I have submitted an in-game ticket about the issue and steps were taken. I have yet to test if this issue resolves after the time switch. But I took the in-game and website explanation to indicate that the time switch was not a requirement.

Comments

• echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    It is still possible that for ToS/Discovery characters the time switch might be a requirement.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • zaayrdragnxzaayrdragnx Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Then the website should indicate that as a part of completing the Tutorial or gaining access. It currently just states completion of the respective tutorial.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    Perhaps your tutorial isn't complete until you jump time. I don't know. But if your ToS and Discovery toons can't claim the ships, that indicates they need to jump time first.

At least that's how I see it. I may be wrong and it's a bug instead. I'm no programmer.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • christopher082christopher082 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    The blog post lists the tutorial as upto and including:

2409 Federation = “Welcome to Earth Spacedock”
    TOS Federation = “Explore Earth Spacedock”
    DSC Federation = “Reporting In”
    Klingon = “First City”
    Romulan = “Explore the Flotilla”
    Dominion = “Turn the Tide”

It looks like the time jump is required.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11138733-command-tier-6-ships-at-any-level!
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    It's has always been a requirement that you needed to catch up to the current time before you could play 'current' content with those Characters.

Not likely you'd be able to fly an Odyssey back in 2257 or 2265.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    Then why are the 31st century starships available?
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Timeships
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    When I played my Discovery Character, the Walker and the Gagarin were also available in my 'native timeline.' I flew the Walker until I reached ESD.

This totally makes sense, as ltminns said, there is no way to explain why you're flying an Odyssey in the 2260's. The 31st century ships make sense, as do the Discovery Era ships.
    Insert witty signature line here.
    While that makes sense the way I take the description on the website only indicates that the native time line tutorial has to be completed. So I feel the explanation on the website should indicate the need to be in the correct time line.
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    I don't know what website you're referring to, because the announcement page Christopher quoted clearly defines "tutorial" in the context it is used.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
    The time switch is a factor. Per the above link, the blog states the requirements to access the T6 ships. This is not a bug and is working as intended. /Thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.