test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Deep Discounts in the Weekend Event Store!

Comments

• ajm1067ajm1067 Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    All this talk of tokens. What I read is no weekend events. Which means no upgrade weekend or dilithium weekend, amongst others.
    NewMixedCrest.jpg?width=350&height=170
    McVittie's Marauders - The House of Arrgh
    Website
    Discord
    I absolutely, positively, will not create more characters in STO now that I have five six seven eight nine ten!
    McVittie/Saren/Arrgh Son of Jahn/Taev Dar/Professor Moriarty/Mia/Vittie/Vidtana'Clan/Suram/Sarela
  • christopher082christopher082 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    Awesome. Thanks guys. Since the tokens were being deleted, and you could not earn anymore, I decided to use the 1 token I had, that was being saved for the prolonged torp, on a dil pack a couple days ago.
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    This is very interesting.

If I'm understanding this announcement correctly, everything we currently have unlocked as well as every thing we may unlock between June 13th and August 1st will be account unlocks and remain that way. This sounds perfectly reasonable.
    Starting on June 13th 2019 on PC, and August 8th 2019 on Xbox One and Playstation 4, every item and reward in the Weekend Event Store will be reduced in cost to a single Weekend Event Token. If you have any tokens remaining in your inventory, you may use them to your hearts’ content to buy whatever items you’d like. After this date, we will no longer be running Weekend Events, so these tokens will no longer be given out – so make sure you buy the things you really want!

Okay, let me see if I get this. Weekend Events are now a thing of the past. No more, kaput, done, never to return, finito? So no more Arena of Sompek, no more Kobayashi Maru? Ok, fine, I can live with that. Probably just means they'll be moved into the regular list of queues. If they are not added back into the game, no huge loss for me, but I know others like them so I hope they are added back in some way for them. I pray they are NEVER added to the random system though, or used for a 14/21 day grind event again.
    Then, on August 1st 2019 for PC, and September 10th 2019 for Xbox One and Playstation 4, all rewards and items will be removed from the Weekend Event Store, making way for a single purchasable item: A Phoenix Prize Pack that costs a single Weekend Event Token. This will be the version of the Weekend Event Store that remains, moving forward.

So no more Weekend Events, no more Weekend Event Tokens. Yet, we'll be buying a Phoenix Prize Pack with... Weekend Event Tokens? I'm guessing that this will be the option put into place for players who may be on break and not come back to the game during the switch over and will allow them access to the Weekend Event items using the old, soon to be defunct Weekend Event Tokens. Again, makes sense.

My only concern is, if I didn't get some of the Weekend Event items, and there will be no way to get tokens from here on out, how will I get the rest of the items from the store? Or will it simply be, as others are asking, that these items will be added to the PPP's and turned into single character unlocks? If so, I get it. It stinks if that's the case but, whatever, I suppose.

I do have a couple of ideas about the Phoenix packs. I doubt they'd happen, but you never know until you throw the idea out there so here goes.

1. Keep the Uncommon, Rare and Very Rare rewards from Phoenix Prize Packs as single character unlocks, but make prizes from the Ultra Rare and Epic rewards account unlocks. Considering how absolutely BONKERS the odds of getting the UR and Epic tokens is, this would be a nice gesture.

2. Make the Phoenix tokens tradable and/or sellable on the Exchange. Some folks just want uncommons for crafting. Others want the old Event ships but have no realistic way of getting them. Some folks have all the old Event ships and have been lucky enough to get an Epic token, but don't want to break it down "in case something happens" down the road. I really doubt this one would happen, though maybe just the Epics could be banned from trading/selling?

Anyway, that's all I got. Again, very interesting. I look forward to seeing how this pans out.
    ajm1067 wrote: »
    All this talk of tokens. What I read is no weekend events. Which means no upgrade weekend or dilithium weekend, amongst others.

Nope, this is ALL about the Events that give out Weekend Event Tokens. I'm 99.9% sure we'll still get Dilithium Weekends and Upgrade Weekends.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    > @bubblegirl2015 said:
    > I'm sorry but does anyone Dev realize the irrational idea of what they did last week was bizarre:
    >
    > All existing tokens used in the aforementioned projects will be automatically removed from players’ inventories, as they will no longer have a purpose going forward. >>>meaning arbitrarily deleted.
    >
    > Why now rewarding for unused Weekend Event tokens? Don't get me wrong and I'm very happy with the rewards but why not doing the same with whats deleted last week? There was a lot of concern and outcry when arbitrarily those tokens were deleted and is this the reason why the change? to calm down those concerns? a bit illogical IMO.​​

Because, as I stated above they are different. They were meant to be saved and they were Account and not Character Bound.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • christopher082christopher082 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    I am willing to bet that more people, me included, that saw all the tokens as the same, and that all of them were being deleted. That's why I spent the one token I had, and not saved it for the one item I wanted, that I could of now got, thanks to the discounts.
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    So all future event items will be locked behind a 14 day grind. Fine by me as long as said items continue to be account unlocks.
    I will say this very simply:

Old Weekend Items that were previously unlocked for an Account will remain Account unlocked in perpetuity.

Any Old Weekend Items that you unlock between June 13th and August 1st will remain Account unlocked in perpetuity.

Any Accounts that do not have specific Items unlocked after August 1st will only be able to get them by Character from the Phoenix Store.

All these Account unlocked Items will be moved to a different location. I think that would be the Event Reputation Store Account Unlock Tab.

Weekend Events, as currently construed, will be changing to something different, what that is we don't know yet.

ALL Events of any type that award special Items will continue to award them on an Account Unlock basis.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • tobywitczaktobywitczak Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    I guess I will chime in, here is my solution, Because the odds are so bad when it comes to Phoenix UR/Epic (~300:1/500:1) those items should be account wide unlocks, when it comes to the other items that are character Bound, like say zambean outfit (maybe not the best example) after you have unlocked it 3-5 times then it should be an Account wide unlock.

Or

When it comes to the tokens, The first time you unlock it, it is full price and the each subsequent time the price is halved.
    Something along those lines.

• vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    Amazing...you keep making one bad decision after another. I know the goal is to make multiple characters unviable , becacuse you think than people will reach more into their pockets , but you dont have many clients left , and this decisions are pushing away what client base you have left. It's not a great game , it was an ok game to begin with , and only fans of the Star Trek franchise give this game a chance.And you keep pushing away those people who gave this game a chance. You are not going to get new customers. You may try to get new customers with this Disco stuff , but these people give it a try for a week or two and leave.The old players are the one you should be concerned , and you push them away with your decisions.Amazing...

They are NOT making multiple characters unviable, by any means. I mean, look at what they offer:

- Uniforms in the C-store that are account unlocks
    - Ships in the C-store that are account unlocks
    - Event ships from the Anniversary, Summer and Winter events that people complete runs for with 1 character unlock the ship for the whole account
    - 14 day grind items that are account unlocked just by running one character
    - Sponsorship for a Reputation track across the account if one character has reached Tier 5 in that rep
    - Account discount for reputation items for completing the T6 project

The only things that are not account unlocks are Lock box, Lobi and Promo box items, fleet items and most Phoenix prize pack items once you buy them with a token (the Phoenix upgrades and the Phoenix prize tokens are account tradable)

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • rademacherle#7986 rademacherle Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Great more locked away stuff, so some people will never obtain certain things. why punish the people who couldn't participate in some event because they had a life, work, friends, family, dog or had a broken leg or arm and couldn't participate in a event? I don't understand this. stuffing it away behind a paywall isn't the solution, atleast make it a account unlock like the original item was.
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    Great more locked away stuff, so some people will never obtain certain things. why punish the people who couldn't participate in some event because they had a life, work, friends, family, dog or had a broken leg or arm and couldn't participate in a event? I don't understand this. stuffing it away behind a paywall isn't the solution, atleast make it a account unlock like the original item was.

Phoenix Prize Pack isn't exactly a paywall. You can get the Dilithium in game without ever paying a cent.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • geezerpunkgeezerpunk Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    I also had three weekend tokens set aside for the next weekend event, that when we were being told that the tokens would be removed; got spent on the Dililthium pack because I thought that they were just going to get purged too.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Addendum to help with a point of concern, per Ten Forward weekly comments they're also looking into how to find a new home for weekend event PVE's without subjecting them to multi-week grinds (already retired for Sompek.) I would expect to see Sompek and Kobayashi Maru in future, just part of some other scheme.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • yossarian1971#5867 yossarian1971 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Well thank god for games like ESO. Which gets my time now.
    7t7iwm3ayjg21.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=37201b3372f77a86ff07e9ccf785482127d2fa93
    What the h*ll is wrong with you people. They are not taking away any Account unlocked Items. They are giving you the opportunity to unlock additional items at one third cost.

They said last week that the Weekend Event Tokens were not being addressed at that time and there would be further news about it in the Summer. So what do you people do, spend them immediately on Dilitium before you find out what they are doing.

https://youtu.be/GD6qtc2_AQA
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • amleth125amleth125 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    So I wasted my two leftover tokens on dilithium containers for nothing... I didn't expect to ever be able to use them after the weekend store closing announcement, so I thought it was better to buy containers than let them just evaporate. Nice job communicating your intentions Cryptic. You got me to waste them very effectively
  • wewarren68wewarren68 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    stlhee wrote: »
    Is there any way to get tokens? I spent all of them (except one) before last maintance, because there was a rumour about deleting all tokens without compensation (same as 14-day tokens). I'm very disappointed now :(((

I had three tokens (and three items that I still needed to reclaim) and did the same thing. From what I understood on Thursday all tokens not used would be destroyed with the patch, so I spent them. Now they are saying that everything is going to be just 1 token to claim (so I could have had everything). So if I DIDN'T spend them last Wednesday, they would have stayed in my inventory???

I'm so confused.
    See above.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    wewarren68 wrote: »
    stlhee wrote: »
    Is there any way to get tokens? I spent all of them (except one) before last maintance, because there was a rumour about deleting all tokens without compensation (same as 14-day tokens). I'm very disappointed now :(((

I had three tokens (and three items that I still needed to reclaim) and did the same thing. From what I understood on Thursday all tokens not used would be destroyed with the patch, so I spent them. Now they are saying that everything is going to be just 1 token to claim (so I could have had everything). So if I DIDN'T spend them last Wednesday, they would have stayed in my inventory???

I'm so confused.

Yes, that is exactly how I wasted my two leftover tokens, believing they would evaporate after last week's patch... To say I feel cheated is an understatement
    ltminns wrote: »
    What the h*ll is wrong with you people. They are not taking away any Account unlocked Items. They are giving you the opportunity to unlock additional items at one third cost.

They said last week that the Weekend Event Tokens were not being addressed at that time and there would be further news about it in the Summer. So what do you people do, spend them immediately on Dilitium before you find out what they are doing.

Like Jon Snow you know nothing, they specifically said they were removing the tokens with last week's patch at one point, so I and others spent them... Now they have changed their minds when It's too late for us. Is it any wonder we feel confused and cheated.
    I know everything. After the first announcement, the next day they pulled back on addressing the Weekend Event Tokens until later in the Summer. They wouldn't being doing anything for a week anyway.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    In case anyone doubted what I'd reported above, the following was in the 6/6/2019 patch notes: "All existing tokens used in the aforementioned projects will be automatically removed from players’ inventories, as they will no longer have a purpose going forward."

That is why some of us spent the tokens we'd been holding on to, rather than let them disappear for nothing, That is why we feel confused and cheated...
    I know everything. After the first announcement, the next day they pulled back on addressing the Weekend Event Tokens until later in the Summer. They wouldn't being doing anything for a week anyway.

Well, you must not have known what was in the 6/6/2019 patch notes. Again they specifically announced "All existing tokens used in the aforementioned projects will be automatically removed from players’ inventories, as they will no longer have a purpose going forward."
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    amleth125 wrote: »
    Well, you must not have known what was in the 6/6/2019 patch notes. Again they specifically announced "All existing tokens used in the aforementioned projects will be automatically removed from players’ inventories, as they will no longer have a purpose going forward."

I believe that is in reference to the larger event tokens like the Crystalline Shards. There was no mention of weekend event tokens. Now there is.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)

Yes, badmoonrizing, that was dated May 30... and the June 6 patch notes contained this and still do:
    "All existing tokens used in the aforementioned projects will be automatically removed from players’ inventories, as they will no longer have a purpose going forward."
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator

The "aforementioned projects" were specifically said to be 14-day Event projects. By definition Weekend Event projects, which used Weekend Vouchers, were NOT 14-day Event projects, which used separate tokens. I'm sorry that this was confusing to you, but they were two very different things.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch

The "aforementioned projects" were specifically said to be 14-day Event projects. By definition Weekend Event projects, which used Weekend Vouchers, were NOT 14-day Event projects, which used separate tokens. I'm sorry that this was confusing to you, but they were two very different things.

Perhaps you're right, but I was not the only one confused then, Many of us dumped our weekend event tokens based on those patch notes... They didn't say only 14 day project tokens, they said "all existing tokens."
  • toranekoboukentoranekobouken Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Starting this week on PC, and in August on Console, all items in the Weekend Event Store will cost only a single token!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11180023

Hi ambassador. May I make a request that you make the Hierarchy Boff available via this option, or some other way if it's easier to implement, for those of us that were silly enough to get rid of it ?
    Thanks & regards.
This discussion has been closed.