test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

unable to authenticate

2»

Comments

• drakomagidrakomagi Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    Can't authenticate trying to login to launcher.
  • oldtrekoldtrek Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Still have the log in problem a2:28 PDT
  • pmsattlerpmsattler Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    Same here. one and a half hours after I made a purchase of Zen. So damn sad. This game is really going downhill.
    Fleet Admiral of The Lost boys

"Dreams are born in the deepest of minds, and destroyed in the shallowest of ones."
  • alpha#9002 alpha Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    same here cant log in due to Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out. wow glad im not the onloy one thought i was TRIBBLE. but still annoying
  • slykedbslykedb Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Same issue, it's across STO, Champions and Neverwinter that I've checked.
  • alyrissaalyrissa Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    same here ... darn inconvenient timing
  • wraithspectrewraithspectre Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    me too
  • tribbulatertribbulater Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    Same "Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out." error for about 2 hours now. STO and Neverwinter both.

Thank goodness LotRO is working normally!
  • alyrissaalyrissa Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    how long do these DDS type things usually bring down the server?
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,698 Community Moderator
    Hey guys I've merged a duplicate thread in here since it's the same issue. I've made the crew at Cryptic aware of what's going on. I need something from you guy's to forward it up the chain. For those of you still experiencing the issue can you grab me a screenshot of your launcher and/or game showing the issue? Doesn't matter if it's crappy cell phone quality just as long as it's legible. Trying to pin this down.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    Generally it's when you bring up the launcher you get it telling you to re-enter your pw and says Unable to authenticate, connection to the account server timed out.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,673 Community Manager
    We've discovered the source of the authentication errors some players are experiencing and have implemented a fix, you should be able to log in again soon.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    Many thanks, Kael
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • gwyrdallongwyrdallon Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    I still can't log in. (I am not a lifetime sub if tracking that still matters) Every time I try I get the message "Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out" It also clearly shows the server status as down.
  • doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    Servers are down, can't log in.
    C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • sierra078sierra078 Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    Same here
  • quinnftw76#3498 quinnftw76 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Yeah. Just saw the same thing myself. There was an announcement on Twitter 11 hours ago. Apparently it is ongoing.

• huijianhuijian Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    one of the hamsters powering the login servers died.
    3GIYBa2.jpg?1
  • chlorine#6750 chlorine Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    The tribble invasion is going strong..
  • snoxhill#9306 snoxhill Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Me too. Server status green. Account server is not responding.
  • doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    Server are back up
    C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    And here I though somebody wanted to promote Scandinavian pop music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoXrd3_3fYI
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
This discussion has been closed.