test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Random Freezing of video

ps1701ps1701 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
I was directed here by support, after putting in a ticket for the bug. Hopefully, someone else can help things along.

While playing with Lighting 2.0 on, since the patch that brought the last 2 story missions, I get random freezes of video. The audio will sometimes continue to play, even in the case of someone finishing their speech if it happens during a dialogue. Nothing will unfreeze the program short of going to task manager and ending task.

I'm running an Intel I7-2600 Processor, 16 GB memory, and a Nvidia GeForce 770 with all of the latest drivers and updates on my system.

The event viewer says "Application GameClient.exe has been blocked from accessing Graphics hardware". I've tried adjusting the TDR delay in the registry, or even turned it off entirely, and that didn't help as was a common listed fix for that error type.

I've tried adjusting other things in game as well, also trying other settings in my Nvidia settings. The only way I can play reliably is to turn lighting 2.0 off - and that's not a great option since it doesn't look good. Also, the brightness slider now does nothing so the only way I can see in 1.0 is to manually turn the brightness up on my monitor when the game starts, and turn it back down after so all other programs aren't blinding. Running the brightness wizard doesn't work either.

Comments

• sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,403 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    This problem you are having is not necessarily a bug, it belongs in the PC, Network, and other Technical issues forum. Also, look at your anti-virus settings it might be causing the problem mentioned in the event viewer. Tell it to allow Star Trek Online. Thanks. :)@baddmoonrizin, can you move it, please.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • ps1701ps1701 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Actually, after filing a ticket, and going over my reports, support said it was a bug, and specifically told me to post it here.... I've already got my anti-virus set up to work with STO, but thanks for the idea.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,403 Arc User
    ps1701 wrote: »
    Actually, after filing a ticket, and going over my reports, support said it was a bug, and specifically told me to post it here.... I've already got my anti-virus set up to work with STO, but thanks for the idea.

No problem, I remember the time I had to change my settings on the anti-virus in order to play Star Trek Online. But that it is a bug, glad to know they are aware of it. Thanks. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.