test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

puzzles in groups - please drop the auto fail on out of sequence

tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
if you need to trigger a sequence of things in a certain order... please stop the auto fails if the order is wrong.

ABCDEFG

Say you need to do it in that order...

make is so it keeps asking for the next item if you get it wrong instead of starting back from scratch...

in a group setting you can't control what other people do.

So I have AB done and now I need C but someone else triggered G... flash that G is wrong but do not go back to the start... make is so I can trigger C and we keep going.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Then it wouldn't be a puzzle at all.
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »

it's still a puzzle... just not one where someone can block ya from progressing till the timer runs out. or make it so it's not a group collective work... 5 man group you get "5" different folks working on it. each person's work is independent of anyone else "helping" you.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,513 Arc User
    tigeraries wrote: »

it's still a puzzle... just not one where someone can block ya from progressing till the timer runs out. or make it so it's not a group collective work... 5 man group you get "5" different folks working on it. each person's work is independent of anyone else "helping" you.

Yes, in a random PUG with no one reading group chat it work make more sense to have a BZZZT! and lockout from progressing for a few seconds instead of making people start over.

At least for Normal difficulty.
  • Options
    It would make sense to have a separate puzzle state for each player so each player can work on their own sequence without being interrupted by the others (if they don't already have that, I certainly have never seen the puzzle reset by other player action but that may possibly be because no other player tried to do anything with it at the same time).

A "puzzle" that never resets would be no puzzle at all, since it could be completed just by randomly mashing all the consoles.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,513 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    It would make sense to have a separate puzzle state for each player so each player can work on their own sequence without being interrupted by the others (if they don't already have that, I certainly have never seen the puzzle reset by other player action but that may possibly be because no other player tried to do anything with it at the same time).

A "puzzle" that never resets would be no puzzle at all, since it could be completed just by randomly mashing all the consoles.

Sure, that's probably better than my suggestion. It does mean that one AFKer, troll, or dimwit can hold back the rest of the PUG though.

(Unless someone else can then take over the bad player's puzzle after they finish their own.)
  • Options

Sure, that's probably better than my suggestion. It does mean that one AFKer, troll, or dimwit can hold back the rest of the PUG though.

(Unless someone else can then take over the bad player's puzzle after they finish their own.)
    Only one player has to finish it. That is, there is still only the one puzzle, but each player can work on it separately so they don't get in eachothers' way.
  • Options
    noemiecarnesirnoemiecarnesir Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    No need to change this mechanic. You just need to tell in the team chat that to not interact to consoles and you work on the puzzle completion.

If nevertheleast someone still interact with them, you can let him done it.

I don't know why people want to make easier and easier every parts of the game, with only pew pew press space and roll head on the keyboard phases.
    You not feel like by make the game boring to enter in a vicious circle?
This discussion has been closed.