test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ten Forward Weekly Stream Notes - 06/05/2019

somtaawkharsomtaawkhar Member Posts: 10,222 Arc User
Taken from our good friends at Reddit
https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/bxakco/ten_forward_weekly_stream_notes_06062019/
  • There's more to the Discovery Constitution than what "you're thinking about", it's implied it's going to include mechanics that are very surprising. It's also definitely going to be Tier 6, if anyone had any doubts.
  • After this weeks update, Weekend Event Vouchers won't be going anywhere. There will be a blog on Monday detailing the changes to Weekend Events but nothing else is being revealed today.
  • Tier 7 ships aren't planned, and won't be for the foreseeable future but still "never say never" - some reasons mentioned were powercreep considerations and community backlash.
  • Operation Riposte doesn't have the Tier 6 tokens on console because of things Cryptic can't confirm or deny, but it's implied to be things more on Sony and Microsoft's end. They're considering other ways they can do a similar event, potentially involving an Epic Phoenix Token instead but it's still in discussions.
  • 3D Crew Printing isn't on the horizon right now, it's much more complicated than ship printing and that was a big task itself.
  • More items will be added to Reengineering if the Systems Team has time.
  • Discovery-era Shuttles may become accessible for 25th century Federation captains sometime soon.
  • The Tier 6 Jem'hadar LTS ship exists. It's not near release, but it "exists... ish". No ETA right now.
  • There's no plans on adding more Admiralty tracks right now.
  • They might update some older Lockbox ships like the Verne, but it's more likely to be new versions of them instead.
  • There's been lots of discussion on whether Promotion! and Lockbox ships should be account wide, but that decision will rely on player habit data and similar things that they're currently in the process of collecting.
  • They're looking into making ancient content (like the Starfleet patrols) more relevant, but it's a bit troublesome since that content is very old and a lot of it is broken.
  • There's no plans to bring back Exploration Clusters right now.
  • Next week's big developer blog will be about the Weekend Event Store, and there's some more exciting things being revealed in a fortnight.
  • Arena of Sompek is returning soon, more news on that soon.
  • The revamps of the Klingon War missions that were temporarily removed is that they're on the pipeline, but the content teams doing that are very busy right now with other content too.
  • It's not impossible for them to implement custom beamouts/warpouts for customization purposes, but it's a lot of work so it's not in the works right now.
  • There's been no word from CBS about playable Kelpiens
  • Letting us choose which bridge officers are on our bridge isn't going to be a thing.
  • Since the Temporal Recruitment Event is locked to TOS captains, it's not likely going to get a rerun in favour of them making a Recruitment event for more recent content or for all factions.
  • They're looking into ways to distribute the Temporal Recruitment event rewards for those that missed it somehow, but no further details.
  • The next big content drop is going to be after the Summer Event, closer to Fall.
  • The recent resurgence of Star Trek as a franchise has been great for possible content in STO, but it means less room for original 2410 characters and stories. The next few actors will probably be Discovery actors and Picard actors.
  • Someone wants to make a story involving the Whale Probe, but that's about it.
  • A Captain Proton text adventure is something they might consider for future April Fools day shenanigans.
  • Nothing from Star Trek: Beyond is in the works right now.
  • They "won't say no" to a new playable faction, but it won't be in the way we're thinking. Playable Borg is something they want to do, but it's not on the tables right now.
  • They're looking into updating some older player and enemy models, like the old Klingon models you encounter in the early Klingon missions. Also looking into updating some hair.
  • Captain rank Bridge Officers aren't in the works now, but the idea was floated around about them having their own ships.
  • Discovery-era Klingons are coming, no ETA on it but they're being worked on right now.
  • Missions like The Renegade's Regret work as a standalone mission, but player concerns about playing the Big Bad means it won't be a frequent thing.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Updating Klingon hair? Sweet!
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    ioneonioneon Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    Sounds to me like they're saving any exciting news for E3.
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    ioneon wrote: »
    Sounds to me like they're saving *any* exciting news for E3.

Fixed. :)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    "Next week's big developer blog will be about the Weekend Event Store, and there's some more exciting things being revealed in a fortnight."

This makes me very nervous. I traditionally only claim rewards on a few alts to test. I wonder whether I need to go through and systematically claim everything I can to ensure that I don't lose out.

I wonder what this will mean for claiming past account unlocked rewards on new alts in the future.

This discussion has been closed.