test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Risa Event 2019

thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
Not to sound inpatient or something but when is Risa event for 2019 starting?

Speaking of which, what do you want to see this year?

I'd like to see 1) a new section of the risa map 2)new activities and 3) I really would like to the see the day and night cycle back. I'd love to see the sunset again and the night stars,.. its feel more real then .. like I am really vacation on a nice beach. LOL

Dancing all night long,.. only wish the emotes was more accessible.

Edit: 1000 post .. *waves* whooa !!
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    According to the Spring/Summer Roadmap, Risa is happening in July this year.

I would like to see the island broken into neighborhoods, with the different events that start in each one on constant 30-minute rotation. That way, you could do what you want, and not complain too much about some event that you don't like eating up the time that you have to play.

The day/night cycle is an impossibility without another major shift in how the graphics work, so don't get your hopes up for one without the other.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Given how the outfits the last few years have frequently had some relation to that years' "theme".... is there anything from Discovery that would fit? Any kind of leisure/vacation-wear, at all? Or will this be random year, with who-knows-what?

(I still dream of the original swimwear getting a "T6 upgrade" quality-pass. Better textures, more color-selectable zones like the later swimwear have, etc.)
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    Well... there's the "Disco" t-shirt that was seen in the show, but other than that I can't think of anything. They could just make more baseball uniforms as there are other teams that have banners on DS9.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Well, I guess Q could move the event to the Orion district on Quo'nos, where we could get the Discovery costumes towards the end of season 1
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Well... there's the "Disco" t-shirt that was seen in the show, but other than that I can't think of anything. They could just make more baseball uniforms as there are other teams that have banners on DS9.
    Yeah, like these:
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    Well... we got the Claws and Logicians, along with the Liquidators and Niners. Could get the Andorian team added in, along with the workbees and the Orion team...
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    I want Risan Boffs and Captains as an option .
    Well... we got the Claws and Logicians, along with the Liquidators and Niners. Could get the Andorian team added in, along with the workbees and the Orion team...
    Oh you can't see them all in preview, but there's a total of 16 team pennants.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    I know. I just don't remember all the teams.
    I know. I just don't remember all the teams.
    You can click the preview image to see the full-size image :p

But here's a list:
    Bozeman Titans, Lake Armstrong Eagles, London Kings, Deneb V Slime Devils
    (DS9 Niners), (Shikahr Logicians), Heatwave Janus VI, Pike City Pioneers
    (Ferenginar Liquidators), Jupiter Station Stem Bolts, Utopia Planitia Workbees, Terra Nova Supernovas
    Blue Bores Andoria, (Caitian Claws), New Berlin Craters, Orion Buccaneers
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    If they were Winter Event Costumes I might get something, but the prices for Summer stuff is too high comparatively.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    ltminns wrote: »
    If they were Winter Event Costumes I might get something, but the prices for Summer stuff is too high comparatively.

Well... here's the thing. There's multiple Winter currencies. On the other hand there's only one Summer currency.
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    ... and the winter currencies keep stacking in my bank aacount. Summer currency less so, especially with all the character-only unlock emotes last summer was a spendfest (and with 9 new toons this summer will probably be as well, might even have to buy currency with ec).
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
    There are multiple but the sum of the multiples is much less than the single. BOFF Manuals are less by a Level for Summer (Ens, Lt, Lt Cmdr) instead of (Lt, Lt Cmdr, Cmdr) for Winter and get progressively more expensive up the chain, whereas the Winter ones are the same price. Clothing has a much higher price tag. Etc., Etc.

https://youtu.be/1JHH6iwgIek
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    I'd rather they expand the swimsuit options. There are quite a few that the Risa NPCs wear, but are not player options, that we could be given access to.

I would like that as well.

Also GZ on 1K posts OP. :)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    I'd rather they expand the swimsuit options. There are quite a few that the Risa NPCs wear, but are not player options, that we could be given access to.

Get thumbs up for me.

But I just also want more places to explore or do.

A starry night also would ne night.. or at least have different day/night in different zones.
  • tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    edited May 2019

Or an mankinni... yeah... a mankinni would be nice. But then I would also like some Edo costume options:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=star+trek+next+generation+justice&client=firefox-b-1-d&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi2zYyw3cXiAhWBtZ4KHXn_A3YQ_AUIDygC&biw=1530&bih=884#imgrc=TVCp2PAHqPC9fM:
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    The baseball stuff was restricted to hell and all the same so I only bought one to test last year. I can only hope they don't try to sell even more identical copies of them and pretend they're worth buying at full price.

But then, most of Risa outfits are restricted to hell and not worth buying so I expect to be disappointed yet again.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    I've got plenty of Summer currency, since I bought almost nothing the last year or two (just didn't care about baseball uniforms/etc, and didn't need to kit out anyone with new boards & flyers), and did plenty of Horgahn Hunts over the years to farm bird eggs for marks.

...that reminds me, I need to go sell some Lolwhuts. I think I've got 16k saved up.
    warpangel wrote: »
    The baseball stuff was restricted to hell and all the same so I only bought one to test last year. I can only hope they don't try to sell even more identical copies of them and pretend they're worth buying at full price.

But then, most of Risa outfits are restricted to hell and not worth buying so I expect to be disappointed yet again.

Actually... the baseball outfits aren't quite as restricted. The uniforms themselves have a seperate category, but they can be worn anywhere, unlike most swimsuits. I wouldn't mind them unlocking the hats for use with casual outfits though.
    Let's see what kind of a dilemma they could get in if they ever introduced the NX-01 Enterprise 'baseball' type hat.

Nah, it would probably be put in the Dilitium Store for 2 Million Dilitium. Well, unless they deprecate that too like the Weekend Event Store and put it directly in the Phoenix Store for the price of an Epic Token. ;)
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    Start putting things in a GPL store.
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User

Yes this!​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »

Actually... the baseball outfits aren't quite as restricted. The uniforms themselves have a seperate category, but they can be worn anywhere, unlike most swimsuits. I wouldn't mind them unlocking the hats for use with casual outfits though.
    Actually actually, being in a separate category is the worst restriction there is, because being combined with something else is the most intersting thing one can to do with clothes. A fixed predefined outfit isn't even worthy of the term "space barbie."

The caps are in fact already unlocked for use with off-duty (the only part of the baseball outfits that is), but IMO that's still too much restriction to pay 1k favors just for a cap you can't even change the color on. And as much as I like the fact they finally let me wear a hat without making my character entirely bald, the hairstyles allowed while wearing one are still horribly restricted. I have one baseball set, I have used the cap for one outfit I didn't particularly enjoy in the end, so I have no intention of buying any more.

And just FYI, most of the original bikini tops are actually wearable in regular off-duty even though the item descriptions say they're not. Far less restricted than the baseball clothes or indeed the board shorts and shirts released in between. Always good for a laugh when people try to defend the Risa costume restrictions with the "running around in bikinis" -line...when in fact the bikinis are the only Risa outfits people are allowed to "run around" in as it is. :D
  • jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User

Totally agreed!

And I want a retro style bikini! ♥ Think 1940s/50s style.

Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
  • zateron#9297 zateron Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    I would like to know why Risa Summer Event has been getting the shaft, and lack of attention the last couple of years, and seemingly treated as a bland routine hardly worth mention until the week before.

I was grateful with what was offered last year, but the powerboards & floaters seemed simply bigger faster versions. Has no one considered that once you buy a new powerboard or floater, all of your older bowerboards & floaters are useless? Why not make new special Risa equipment upgrades that can improve previous floaters, and powerboards?
    How many new versions are we going to have to clutter bank with before the older versions can be retooled?

And so there can be no night, well why not expand new Risa maps? Couldn't there be a night time to beam to? Late night parties on the night side?

For whatever reason I get the impression Risa is not as important anymore, as if a routine not worth mention or improvement. Just flick on the machine, and well....the same old same complacency routine.

Risa needs MUCH revitalising, and I do not believe I'm the only person thinking it for quite some time.

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    I don't need more new stuff. I am still trying to practice going from sea to land on that relay race thing. I am still botching it. LOL!
    I would like to know why Risa Summer Event has been getting the shaft, and lack of attention the last couple of years, and seemingly treated as a bland routine hardly worth mention until the week before.

I was grateful with what was offered last year, but the powerboards & floaters seemed simply bigger faster versions. Has no one considered that once you buy a new powerboard or floater, all of your older bowerboards & floaters are useless? Why not make new special Risa equipment upgrades that can improve previous floaters, and powerboards?
    How many new versions are we going to have to clutter bank with before the older versions can be retooled?

And so there can be no night, well why not expand new Risa maps? Couldn't there be a night time to beam to? Late night parties on the night side?

For whatever reason I get the impression Risa is not as important anymore, as if a routine not worth mention or improvement. Just flick on the machine, and well....the same old same complacency routine.

Risa needs MUCH revitalising, and I do not believe I'm the only person thinking it for quite some time.

"Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    I don't need more new stuff. I am still trying to practice going from sea to land on that relay race thing. I am still botching it. LOL!

Once you get to land, don't get off your board until you reach the ramp on the beach, then swap to floater.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • zateron#9297 zateron Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    where2r1 wrote: »

Typically during summer event I rearrange my weapons tray with floater in the #1 and powerboard in the #2 tray slots.
    Difficult part is waiting until you're in mid-air after the ramp to switch. Sometimes lag makes it not count correctly and you get disqualified, even for doing it correctly.

The trick to all racing in STO is that wide long turns waste time. Like pulling a shoelace through shoe lace holes, you want the tightest pull inward, with as little of any wide turns as possible.
    Tight, and precise.

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    More Egg Hunts, please!! And Dancing.... I like dancing. Where one can actually TALK to people while getting Lohlunat.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
This discussion has been closed.