test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

10th year anniversary ideas

zzzspina01zzzspina01 Member Posts: 310 Arc User
What would you like to see happen for the ten year anniversary. such as, All factions reopen. Temporal, Delta and Gamma. Maybe even a new faction.
I cant brain I have the dumb
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    1. All previous events open, so I can get the ships I missed.
    2. The ability to have my Jem'Hadar Vanguard and Tier 4 Diplomacy Boffs wearing the Starfleet uniform.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    Remove all tailor restrictions, with a "some things might not work for all races" disclaimer. Get rid of the "off-duty" restrictions, palette restrictions, etc.
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Remove all tailor restrictions, with a "some things might not work for all races" disclaimer. Get rid of the "off-duty" restrictions, palette restrictions, etc.

This, OMG THIS! If it is clipping that is up to us to decide if we like it or not. Oh and give us the new pallettes everywhere please!​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    Unique and new ship pack.
  • disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    Previous events. I don't give a flying tribble about the Phoenix Box, the odds on that garbage are exactly that: garbage. Honestly, removing all types of exclusivity would be wonderful, but baby steps.

I can also agree with a tailor unrestricting. There's already a billion things that clip anyway, letting us wear a few other things together won't hurt anything.
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    a token to copy one lobi or other character locked ship ber account so a second character on the account can fly one.
    Spock.jpg

edited May 2019
    Speaking of uniforms, an update to them would be nice; many of the older ones, especially the canon ones, look like TRIBBLE compared to the Odyssey uniform. Also, the First Contact-style combadge could do with not being inside the TRIBBLE.

EDIT: Okay, that second censorship is just dumb...
  • tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    tyler002 wrote: »
    Speaking of uniforms, an update to them would be nice; many of the older ones, especially the canon ones, look like TRIBBLE compared to the Odyssey uniform. Also, the First Contact-style combadge could do with not being inside the TRIBBLE.

EDIT: Okay, that second censorship is just dumb...
    Dumb.. but funny, when one's mind tries to wrap around, just what that combadge is stuck in... o:)
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Some Enterprise content would be nice, there's some interesting ships on that possible line up, D5 please
    Post edited by theraven2378 on
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
      I totally support the removal of uniform and tailor restrictions.
      Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
    • steaensteaen Member Posts: 644 Arc User
      edited May 2019
      To continue to the theme of suggesting removal of restriction, how about we stop restricting some ships to one bridge and not allowing them access to the full range of bridges/interiors.

As our bridges are only ever seen by us and by people we invite, what does it matter if the bridge doesn't "fit" with the ship? I'd also favour allowing any special bridges we have unlocked with a particular ship being made any available for use on any ship we own. If I want to have a Bajoran Interceptor with the Odyssey bridge (I don't), then I should be free to do so given that I own both parts.
    • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
      thirded on tailor unrestrictions...i don't give a rat's TRIBBLE about clipping - i'll either make it work or just accept some combinations aren't possible without massive clipping

also...FORKING PET TAB!​​
      Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
      An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
      A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
      A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
      "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
      Passion and Serenity are one.
      I gain power by understanding both.
      In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
      I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
      The Force is united within me.
    • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
      Yes, pet tab!

This is really my biggest want. I don't do many pets because of this issue.
      Now a LTS and loving it.
      Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
      I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
      I'd like the Pet Tab as well.
      Also a quality pass on the older canon uniforms as well. The TNG uniform doesn't look as good as the TNG s1 uniform. Hell... my KDF's Honor Guard outfit is clipping around the neck now...

Anyways... I'd also like to see some Enterprise era ground weapons.
      • Beam can be the Phase Pistol/Rifle
      • Bolt can be the Ent Era MACO pistol/rifle (Hell... Archer dual wielded EM Pistols in the pilot)

Also wouldn't mind seeing the actual Compression Rifle from First Contact.
      db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
      I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
      The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
      echatty wrote: »
      Yes, pet tab!

This is really my biggest want. I don't do many pets because of this issue.

That alongside the removal of elite marks from the inventory. Store them akin latinum.
      This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
    • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
      new mission ,on the return way to Vulcan the T'Plana-Hath encounter obstacles ... mission reward would be a Vulcan survey ship.

some of the suggestions above

space jump to academy game

shuttle race map tfo

we all know by now that the "massive use" of omega game causes a lot of rubberbanding so change it plz
    • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
      Pet tab would be great. Tailor restriction reduction (not total removal - KDF uniforms shouls stay with KDF players or KDF "exchange" boffs - but give me the ability to give standard uniforms of my faction to any boff I have) would be great as well. But those would both be things I wouldn't necessarily connect with the anniversary.
      My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
    • poddlipoddli Member Posts: 173 Arc User
      I would like an Admiralty ship card claim button. One click and KERPOW! all owned ships are now in roster. I'll settle for two clicks, one for C-Store, one for Event store. That's the top of my wishlist.

For the 10th Anniversary? Being able to slot ship projects for the ones people missed out on would be excellent.
    • jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,784 Arc User
      edited May 2019
      Sync Weapon Visuals. That way we don't have to look like a Skittle Boat if we are using only damage type of energy or torpedo weapons.

Have the color palette selections for the Tailor and Ship Customizer actually be the color that you selected. If I choose Blue 3, I do not want Dark Yellow or Blood Red; I want Blue 3.
    • centurian821centurian821 Member Posts: 274 Arc User
      edited May 2019
      While it's unlikely to happen so soon, the return of the removed missions from the Klingon War Arc in their revamped form would be appropriate for STO's 10th Anniversary. It was the Arc that started it all.
    • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
      ok gonna reach here.. a fun, nonsensical feature episode, along the likes of piece of the action, shore leave, heck even quarks' 7. something totally bonkers and off the wall.. I want to have a 15 minute episode that takes 60 minutes to play because I'm laughing too hard.
      Spock.jpg

• lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
      Some Enterprise content would be nice, there's some interesting ships on that possible line up, D5 please

Probably will never happen but I wouldn't say no to a Enterpise Fed faction....the transporter effect would be nice to see.
    • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,258 Arc User
      lianthelia wrote: »

Probably will never happen but I wouldn't say no to a Enterpise Fed faction....the transporter effect would be nice to see.

Honestly it wouldn't surprise me at all if they wouldn't bother to make seperate ENT era transporter effect as it's simply not different enough from the TNG era being essentially the same light blue "shower curtain" effect, only real difference is how the particles around the object being transported fade, during TNG they simply fade starting from the outside, while in TNG the outline of the object collapses onto itself.
    • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
      edited May 2019
      Possibility to add fox and cat (and maybe other - dog, rabbit, raccon and others) ears and tails - maybe as a hat and belt tailor items?
      Sorry people - I think it would be cute… o:)
      edited May 2019
      saber1973a wrote: »
      Possibility to add fox and cat (and maybe other - dog, rabbit, raccon and others) ears and tails - maybe as a hat and belt tailor items?
      Sorry people - I think it would be cute… o:)

Always in support. I like to recreate characters from shows I like, but can't with some because humanoid characters don't have the ears & tail needed. Caitians wouldn't work, because the characters in question I want to recreate tend to be the other kind of animal-folk.

I would also like to add an eye option for Alien characters where the iris glows.
    • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
      spiritborn wrote: »
      lianthelia wrote: »

Honestly it wouldn't surprise me at all if they wouldn't bother to make seperate ENT era transporter effect as it's simply not different enough from the TNG era being essentially the same light blue "shower curtain" effect, only real difference is how the particles around the object being transported fade, during TNG they simply fade starting from the outside, while in TNG the outline of the object collapses onto itself.

By that logic most of the transporter effects are almost the same. It was the only transporter effect I can recall which ever collapsed in, besides they don't use the TNG one...they use the Voyager one which is a little more unique. If they want to make it more unique they can always take a little leeway and make it perhaps whiter and less blue.

They've done every era except Ent and TMP (And TMP is the same as KDF except for blue) while I know it's not likely it's something that would be fun to be added.
    • nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
      a token to copy one lobi or other character locked ship ber account so a second character on the account can fly one.
      OH MY GOD YES i have characters i refuse to delete simply because they have a lockbox ship and i hate to loose it.
      0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
    • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
      ok gonna reach here.. a fun, nonsensical feature episode, along the likes of piece of the action, shore leave, heck even quarks' 7. something totally bonkers and off the wall.. I want to have a 15 minute episode that takes 60 minutes to play because I'm laughing too hard.

Most fitting idea so far (or the "Shuttle Race Event"). A celebration of something special should be a great extravaganza. While I do agree with a lot of the QoL improvements mentioned above, and wouldn't mind them coming at the same time as the anniversary, they are not really celebratory, more like a new washing mashine for your golden wedding - practical, yes, but I'd like to see something special.
      My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
    This discussion has been closed.