test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Best Looking Ship - Your Opinion

13»

Comments

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Wells.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,403 Arc User
    I know most people dont like her, but I love the looks of the Kelvin Connie. Even more so the Star Trek Beyond Connie.
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • kemchakemcha Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    To be honest, I've much preferred the original Connies. I just don't like the bulky design of the Abrams Enterprise.
    possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    The one thing which bothers me about the JJ version is how close together the naccelles are and the slight bend in the pylons.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    The JJprise is also mechanically nonfunctional, if you look at the struts they have to be attached at the skin of the ship and not penetrate it since where the plasma tubes would be is the shuttlebay.

And according to Jefferies the struts are not supposed to be separate, they are a sort of spread U shape that goes completely through from one side of the TOS ship's secondary hull to the other, the bottom of the U being a horizontal transverse warp core that run under the two warp engineering rooms shown in TOS (they look the same except that one has the dilithium access port assembly and the other has those big boxy things "evil" Kirk was lurking around on top of when "good" Kirk was looking for him).
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    Personally i like the recon destroyers:
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Recon_Destroyer
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • ishigami2ishigami2 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    That is an easy one:
    Temporal Light Cruiser with the Refit Constitution Class skin.

I adore the TMP era designs and revmaped models are great. The model and texture quality is just simply ahead of the rest in the game.
    The revmap Excelsior Class skin made me fly my underused Fleet Advanced Heavy Cruiser again just to look at the visuals.
    Same goes for he Fleet Advanced Light Cruiser with the Miranda Class skin.

As far as STO unique designs are concerned:
    When the Odyssey class was released I wasn’t much a fan of it in terms of visuals.
    Anyway when the T6 variants came about with the new type 7 material I actually grew rather fond of a particular mix.
    I picked up the Tactical Star Cruiser for functionality but couldn’t stand the look of it, but luckily I also picked up the Science Star Cruiser for the trait.
    So I use a Tactical Star Cruiser with an Odyssey skin where I only replace the hull for the Yorktown one and use the type 7 material.
    That combination I think looks pretty graceful.
    The only thing I do not like as much are the extended impulse engines.
  • ioneonioneon Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    My biggest issue with the JJ-Prise was the placement of the neck between the saucer and the primary hull; I am of the opinion that it was too far along the primary hull. Woud have looked so much better if the bottom of the neck met the primary hull just above the deflector.
    Though to be fair, from what we saw of it, the KT Enterprise-A resolved that somewhat.

I've seen a lot of people say that they don't like the neck placement of the JJ Connie, but if you look at it side by side with the TOS Connie, they're actually about the same as far as how far back from the deflector they are. I realize that doesn't have anything to do with someone liking it or not, but I figured I'd point it out anyway. :)

enterprise-comparison-bluray.jpg
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    ioneon wrote: »
    reyan01 wrote: »
    My biggest issue with the JJ-Prise was the placement of the neck between the saucer and the primary hull; I am of the opinion that it was too far along the primary hull. Woud have looked so much better if the bottom of the neck met the primary hull just above the deflector.
    Though to be fair, from what we saw of it, the KT Enterprise-A resolved that somewhat.

I've seen a lot of people say that they don't like the neck placement of the JJ Connie, but if you look at it side by side with the TOS Connie, they're actually about the same as far as how far back from the deflector they are. I realize that doesn't have anything to do with someone liking it or not, but I figured I'd point it out anyway. :)

enterprise-comparison-bluray.jpg

It is the way the different secondary hull shapes interact with the neck that makes the difference. The TOS Enterprise neck is actually much nearer the front of the actual secondary hull itself, most of what is in front of it is the concentric cylinder antenna and the deflector dish, which is smaller in diameter than the hull section. The JJprise on the other hand lacks the large cylinder antenna, substituting a kind of propeller-plane cowling like structure with just the dish sticking out the end, which at least visually makes it appear to be attached further back.

Note how the end of the cylinder antenna only reaches about halfway along the neck if you draw an imaginary line straight up from it, while on the JJprise that same line almost reaches the front edge of the neck where it joins with the saucer.
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    gaevsman wrote: »
    Anybody have the Hestia with those shields??, they are so incredibly expensive on the Exchange right now...

Just some super-quick shots (no demorecord/postwork) looks very cool on a lot of ships, but is definitely not worth 100M imo!!!

You're right. The shield visual is worth the 175 million that I sold mine for! :smile:

On topic though: I like the Breen and Fek'ihri ships the best. Out of those, the Rezreth. Followed by the Fek'ihri S'torr.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    ichaerus1 wrote: »
    Anybody have the Hestia with those shields??, they are so incredibly expensive on the Exchange right now...

Just some super-quick shots (no demorecord/postwork) looks very cool on a lot of ships, but is definitely not worth 100M imo!!!

You're right. The shield visual is worth the 175 million that I sold mine for! :smile:

On topic though: I like the Breen and Fek'ihri ships the best. Out of those, the Rezreth. Followed by the Fek'ihri S'torr.

Yeah, I looked the other day, saw that shield going for 175M and decided I didn't like it THAT much. :lol:

I don't have a screen right now because I am at work, but I was flying the Sovereign the other day with the Competitive Shield. It gives the hull some nice blue highlights that I thought looked really quite cool.

The Section 31 Vanity Shield is awesome, I am just not willing to pay almost 200M for a cosmetic. Not that it isn't worth it (Space Barbie is life after all) just not worth it to me. If I had one though, I would probably go the same route as you and sell it.
    Insert witty signature line here.
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    ichaerus1 wrote: »

Yeah, I looked the other day, saw that shield going for 175M and decided I didn't like it THAT much. :lol:

I don't have a screen right now because I am at work, but I was flying the Sovereign the other day with the Competitive Shield. It gives the hull some nice blue highlights that I thought looked really quite cool.

The Section 31 Vanity Shield is awesome, I am just not willing to pay almost 200M for a cosmetic. Not that it isn't worth it (Space Barbie is life after all) just not worth it to me. If I had one though, I would probably go the same route as you and sell it.

Meh, once the lockbox hits mid cycle, those shields should hit sub 100 mill. Maybe even as low as 75 mil. I'll probably pick one or ten up at those prices and sell them mid next lockbox cycle for 200 mill each.

I was thinking the same thing. :lol::lol:
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    I dunno,the Tzenkethi shields are still expensive as ... tribble.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    Galaxy Class.. Followed by Nebula Class..

You want to hear something that basically makes no sense?

I am not a big fan of the Galaxy Class.. but I really like the Nebula.

I know.. makes almost no sense, and I can't explain it. Just when you put that ship in the Nebula configuration, all the sudden I really like it. :lol:
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    I generally prefer the Orleans over the Galaxy and Nebula.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    I dunno,the Tzenkethi shields are still expensive as ... tribble.

The tzen shields got down to 90 mil mid cycle of their lockbox. It's not their lockbox cycle anymore ;) .

I should have bought it then. But for which character? I don't need it on ships that look good with regularly available visuals. But some lockbox ships could be really enhanced with that shield.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter

I know.. makes almost no sense, and I can't explain it. Just when you put that ship in the Nebula configuration, all the sudden I really like it. :lol:

It makes perfect sense. The Nebula is balanced. The bloated space spoon of the Galaxy is too top heavy with stubby little hull, pylons, and nacelles. The Nebula is squat and more correctly proportioned and doesn't look like a good shove will take it out.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Best looking ship is: B'Rel BoP, don't have a pic of it on imgur. Oh well...too lazy to go upload.

My favorite watching in flight is: M'chala Pilot BoP. https://i.imgur.com/AIaTWhe.jpg
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    artan42 wrote: »

It makes perfect sense. The Nebula is balanced. The bloated space spoon of the Galaxy is too top heavy with stubby little hull, pylons, and nacelles. The Nebula is squat and more correctly proportioned and doesn't look like a good shove will take it out.
    I'm one of those who hates the "breadstick" look a lot of fed nacelle struts have, and the Nebula doesn't have that.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
This discussion has been closed.