test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Best Looking Ship - Your Opinion

Comments

• gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    gaevsman wrote: »
    Anybody have the Hestia with those shields??, they are so incredibly expensive on the Exchange right now...

Just some super-quick shots (no demorecord/postwork) looks very cool on a lot of ships, but is definitely not worth 100M imo!!!

zEkmQyy.jpg
    hsIQ9c0.jpg
    xCrrrut.jpg
    Mni4yac.jpg

True, but it looks awesome!!, thank you… i think i would be in love if i had a heart! :smiley:
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • kurumimorishitakurumimorishita Member Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    gaevsman wrote: »
    True, but it looks awesome!!, thank you… i think i would be in love if i had a heart! :smiley:

You're welcome :) - yep, definitely awesome and I probably would buy it for 40M but not for more.
    "We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
    - Captain Six of Nine aka Ashley "Don't Call Me Ash" Campbell
    q4F10XV.jpg
    ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, NEVER OUTGUNNED
  • forerunnerknight#7803 forerunnerknight Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    I think the new t6 tholian carrier is the best looking ship.
  • telbasta7386telbasta7386 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    Can someone post a pic of the temporal multi mission science vessel with that s31 vanity shield?
  • khazlolkhazlol Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    I always thought the herald ships were pretty cool. sadly they are way to expensive and nobody seems to use them? >_>
  • elvnswordselvnswords Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    Well I'm going to cheat here. I have two, due to one being a Canon Ship and thus getting itself innately chosen better, I am a huge fan of the Galaxy X, I have had it, in one form or another, since the release of the game.

Secondly we have ships that Cryptic has designed, and my favorite from those is the Temporal Battle Cruiser, the Mobius. This was my main's primary ship for a number of years, which is impressive when you consider how flighty I am about changing ships/layouts etc...
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    I don't really could tell you a definite favorite.

The Defiant is an all-time favorite of mine, however.
    But I also really like the Durgath. Its the smallest of the gigantic 27th century ships, but its the best looking.
    khazlol wrote: »
    I always thought the herald ships were pretty cool. sadly they are way to expensive and nobody seems to use them? >_>
    I believe for C-Store and LOckbox ships, their price isn't that high, but of course, its still hardly trivial for most players.
    They look remarkable, but their stats are not that amazing. You can get the same or better performance with C-Store ships.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User

One of my Roms has the Quas Flight Deck Cruiser and he uses it. It was a gift from my best friend and I actually like it. Much better than that dreadnought.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • kurumimorishitakurumimorishita Member Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    Can someone post a pic of the temporal multi mission science vessel with that s31 vanity shield?

Eternal with S31...

CjgV97u.jpg
    XvJO2bP.jpg
    lFsKr53.jpg
    VF3WJkJ.jpg
    "We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
    - Captain Six of Nine aka Ashley "Don't Call Me Ash" Campbell
    q4F10XV.jpg
    ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, NEVER OUTGUNNED
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User

Eternal with S31...

CjgV97u.jpg
    XvJO2bP.jpg
    lFsKr53.jpg
    VF3WJkJ.jpg
    That looks really good.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
    Always been a fan of the Prometheus since it debuted on Voyager.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    echatty wrote: »
    One of my Roms has the Quas Flight Deck Cruiser and he uses it. It was a gift from my best friend and I actually like it. Much better than that dreadnought.
    How's this? :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • xorvxorv Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    I wish the S31 shield gave the same skin to my Tadaari as shown in these screen shots, but the red bleeds through and you get this sort of brownish cherry red. Hopefully Cryptic will release a new ship soonish I actually want to fly that has the same level of artistic work put into it that these new Fed ships have received.
  • ioneonioneon Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    Just out of curiosity, what does a TOS Connie look like with the Section 31 shield (if you don't mind)?
  • jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    I don't really could tell you a definite favorite.

The Defiant is an all-time favorite of mine, however.
    But I also really like the Durgath. Its the smallest of the gigantic 27th century ships, but its the best looking.

Ah, the Durgath! I see those around once in a great while. Definitely my fave for KDF side. It reminds me of the U.S.S. Cygnus from the Black Hole.
    Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
  • dumas13dumas13 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    I'd have to go by faction:

Feds: Sovereign. I tend to build mine a bit stretched, but it's a great ship that deserved more good movies. The Akira series is also pretty good, with some pretty drastically different models available.

KDF: Qin/Qa'tel raptor. It's like a flying d'k tahg with a castle on top. The Naj'sov also looks nice, but I don't have a sci toon on that side yet.

Rom: Dysons. They're like little baby D'Deridexes that throw space magic around. The filigree wings are a nice touch, though I do wish the variants varied a bit more dramatically. The Ar'kif series are a close second, just something about that double wing.
  • dongemaharudongemaharu Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    Excelsior.

• avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    For me it's the Promethius/Hestia, Vesta, Sovereign, Excelsior, Endeavour, Scryer, I think I like the Pathfinder as well.
    Post edited by avoozuul on
  • yandu#6481 yandu Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    > @westx211 said:
    > By far for me the T'laru. I know people make fun of it for looking like a whale but I think it is one of the perfect romulan ship designs and looks kind of like what a true Romulan built carrier would be.

I'll second that. TheTzenkethi Tzen-tar Dreadnought Carrier also has a special place in my heart. Reminds me of the Brutix from EvE.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    I am not good at picking a "best" but right now I would have to go with the Mogai variants, the Vastam, the Surhuelh, and weird as it sounds the Dyson Romulan destroyers in their full Dyson colors (and the others with one of the Reman materials instead of the matte green). Also honorable mention to the Ar'kif and the Ha'nom.

Just to be thorough, in KDF ships I like the looks of the Qib intel battlecruiser and my Fed favorite is the Star Cruiser.

Two canon Federation ships that are not in the game but would contend for my favorite if they were would be the Yeager light cruiser from the "kitbash fleet" (there were at least two in service since two were often seen around DS9) the only Intrepid variant I really like, and the four-engine Excelsior "tennis racket" dreadnought.
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,844 Arc User
    Tiella would say her Command tactical Warbird. Mariah would say her D7. The federation captains are split between refit Constitution and Defiant.
    Spock.jpg

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Anthropomorphizing?
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • spock#1073 spock Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Galaxy-Class. No question.

If that's what you like.

I think the biggest ship I fly is the Y'tijara. My captains have it on their list of ships to use for an endeavor. I choose based on the flavor damage that comes up. My main has his Vorgon Carrier with Terran disruptors on it, the Y'tijara with tetryon turrets.

Different ships for different jobs.

My Rom has his Quas set up with tetryon arrays.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    If that's what you like.

I think the biggest ship I fly is the Y'tijara. My captains have it on their list of ships to use for an endeavor. I choose based on the flavor damage that comes up. My main has his Vorgon Carrier with Terran disruptors on it, the Y'tijara with tetryon turrets.

What shield visual? I'm using the Disco KDF vanity shield on my Vonph to give it this gothic look :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Obviously the top ten are:
    1. Sovereign (NEM)
    2. Sovereign (FC/INS)
    3. Prometheus
    4. Cardenas
    5. NX
    6. Constitution Refit
    7. Constellation
    8. Nova
    9. Constitution (DSC)
    10. Miranda (Reliant)
    With the Norway, Steamrunner, Einstein, and Newton classes just missing out on the top ten.

In terms of STO originals then it's:
    1. Odyssey (prototype)
    2. Yorktown
    3. Archeon (with Imperial nacelles)
    4. Typhoon
    5. Odyssey (with Aquarius)
    6. Tempest
    7. Eclipse
    8. Buran
    9. Gagarin
    10. Hesta

Klingons, I really only like the canon versions:
    1. Negh'Var (Endgame)
    2. Negh'Var (DS9)
    3. Vor'Cha
    4. Negh'Var (prototype)
    5. D7 (Gro'th type)
    6. BortaS bir
    7. D7 (DSC)
    8. D7 (K't'inga)
    9. Qoj (tied with the other two DSC ships that look identical to the Qoj)
    10. KT Warbird
    The TOS D7, TAS D5, ENT D5, and the Chargh, Jach, and 'etlh just miss out. I don't like Birds of Prey or the majority of DSCs Klingon ships.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    If that's what you like.

What shield visual? I'm using the Disco KDF vanity shield on my Vonph to give it this gothic look :p

Gothic looks good on it. I don't use shield visuals very much unless it's part of a set that has visuals. I like playing with colors, especially with the Vorgon ships, making the stripes different colors according to what my captains like best. I'll have to screen them and show them off sometime.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    artan42 wrote: »
    1. Sovereign (NEM)
    2. Sovereign (FC/INS)
    3. Prometheus
    4. Cardenas
    5. NX
    6. Constitution Refit
    7. Constellation
    8. Nova
    9. Constitution (DSC)
    10. Miranda (Reliant)
    With the Norway, Steamrunner, Einstein, and Newton classes just missing out on the top ten.

1. Odyssey (prototype)
    2. Yorktown
    4. Typhoon
    6. Tempest
    7. Eclipse
    8. Buran
    9. Gagarin
    10. Hesta

1. Negh'Var (Endgame)
    2. Negh'Var (DS9)
    3. Vor'Cha
    4. Negh'Var (prototype)
    5. D7 (Gro'th type)
    6. BortaS bir
    7. D7 (DSC)
    8. D7 (K't'inga)
    10. KT Warbird
    The TOS D7, TAS D5, ENT D5, and the Chargh, Jach, and 'etlh just miss out. I don't like Birds of Prey or the majority of DSCs Klingon ships.

Gro'th type D7? I am intrigued, is it in a lockbox or something? I have not seen a K't'kara-class D7 at all in the game, just the similar K't'inga class, a few STO custom variants, and I keep hearing about the DSC D7 coming though I have not seen one yet (unless you count the Sech class which was identified as a 'D7' in "Choose Your Pain" in the first season of DSC).

It would be great if they had details like the extended torpedo tube of the Klolode-class you could customize the ships with, but unfortunately they don't (it would probably be a licensing nightmare to do that if they tried though).
  • rickvic#6033 rickvic Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    xorv wrote: »
    I wish the S31 shield gave the same skin to my Tadaari as shown in these screen shots, but the red bleeds through and you get this sort of brownish cherry red. Hopefully Cryptic will release a new ship soonish I actually want to fly that has the same level of artistic work put into it that these new Fed ships have received.

I wish the disco and s31 shields would overwrite the orange narcelles on the tng skins of the newer released Diso ships
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    artan42 wrote: »
    1. Sovereign (NEM)
    2. Sovereign (FC/INS)
    3. Prometheus
    4. Cardenas
    5. NX
    6. Constitution Refit
    7. Constellation
    8. Nova
    9. Constitution (DSC)
    10. Miranda (Reliant)

1. Odyssey (prototype)
    2. Yorktown
    4. Typhoon
    6. Tempest
    7. Eclipse
    8. Buran
    9. Gagarin
    10. Hesta

1. Negh'Var (Endgame)
    2. Negh'Var (DS9)
    3. Vor'Cha
    4. Negh'Var (prototype)
    5. D7 (Gro'th type)
    6. BortaS bir
    7. D7 (DSC)
    8. D7 (K't'inga)
    10. KT Warbird

Gro'th type D7? I am intrigued, is it in a lockbox or something? I have not seen a K't'kara-class D7 at all in the game, just the similar K't'inga class, a few STO custom variants, and I keep hearing about the DSC D7 coming though I have not seen one yet (unless you count the Sech class which was identified as a 'D7' in "Choose Your Pain" in the first season of DSC).

It would be great if they had details like the extended torpedo tube of the Klolode-class you could customize the ships with, but unfortunately they don't (it would probably be a licensing nightmare to do that if they tried though).

Unfortunately I like so few of the Klingon ships and the overall quality of the models of the non-DSC ships in game that my list was just show not in game there.

The Gro'th was the D7 seen in Trials and Tribbleations in DS9. It's the TOS D7 in green with the feather detailing of the K't'inga and with green warp plasma. Like all the D7s it is essentially not in the game.
    Looking back at my list I've noticed that not only do the Klingon ships ingame not have accurate models but none of the hull materials from the shows exist ingame other than TOS and the various DSC ones.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
This discussion has been closed.