test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Next year's story arc to "change the face of the game"

Comments

• thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    There's still Killy to hunt down

*Gets out the agonizer* What did you say?!

The current Discovery arc has been about building up this idea of J'Ula as a new threat in 2410, which we haven't seen yet. My bet is a coming Klingon Civil War, which destabilizes the Alliance.

Death to the Alliance!
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    If they did get Patrick Stewart in that would be so awesome!

Exploration would be great too. I liked the clusters even if they were buggy.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,111 Arc User
    They found out the "Picard" series storyline; and they're retconning the entire game to put the game in line with it. ;)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    That number has likely been thrown off due to the "expansion over time" thing they are doing with Discovery.

No... they said that when the Discovery arc is finished it will be "expansion sized" with all the content but they didn't call it an expansion. Victory is Life is still the most recent expansion.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    First I've heard of that... I've heard them say that it will be the size of an expansion when finished. But they've never outright called it an expansion that I am aware of.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    She damaged my ship, that little witch, joking aside, last time we saw Killy was on Pahvo so that has possibilities.
    Killy vs Leeta in Mirrorbowl, I'd get the popcorn

NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • makburemakbure Member Posts: 422 Arc User
      Maybe sector space gets nuked and bridge navigation via ship interiors that look liked they actually spent some time on them becomes the new way to 'explore' space, sector and beyond.

Yeah, well I can still hope.

An overhauled Foundry coming back online would also do both, change the face of the game and make a group of unhappy, happy.
      -Makbure
    • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,360 Arc User
      "Change the face of the game..."

...It's all going to be redone in the style of TAS!

:lol:
      Lorna-Wing-sig.png
    • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,296 Community Moderator
      makbure wrote: »
      Maybe sector space gets nuked and bridge navigation via ship interiors that look liked they actually spent some time on them becomes the new way to 'explore' space, sector and beyond.

Yeah, well I can still hope.

An overhauled Foundry coming back online would also do both, change the face of the game and make a group of unhappy, happy.

This is not going to happen, and you can refer to the FCT as to why.
      GrWzQke.png
      Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
      Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
      Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
      ----> Contact Customer Support <----
      Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
      Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
      Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
      Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
    • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
      jonsills wrote: »
      "Change the face of the game..."

...It's all going to be redone in the style of TAS!

:lol:

That would actually be amazing for April Fools.
      22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
      Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
      JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
      'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
      'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
      '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
      'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
      '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
      edited May 2019
      Citing the FCT to dismiss an idea is not helpful, aka End Game Constitution from the beforetimes. This given the EP said something face changing was going to happen.

https://youtu.be/rfvQ9yQjTl4
      Post edited by ltminns on
      'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
      Judge Dan Haywood
      'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
      l don't know.
      l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
      That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
      Lt. Philip J. Minns
      Hey look! Captain Bridger! Yes... I know him best from seaQuest.
    • captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,627 Arc User
      Get ready for a let down.

This is Al Rivera we're talking about. His 'changing the face of the game' could literally mean that.... a new load-in screen.

All aboard the hype train for that awesome change!! Choo-choooooooo!!!!!!!!
    • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
      We are going to the 31st Century and will be all working for the Temporal Bureau.
      'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
      Judge Dan Haywood
      'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
      l don't know.
      l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
      That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
      Lt. Philip J. Minns
    • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
      Why does everyone always a no from CBS = equals 'No, and we'll kill your family if you ever ask for it again.'' CBS sucks, but they dont suck that much.

You can ignore all that.. the only times you see references to what CBS allegedly wants or demands it's always from the same poster and never with even a shred of proof of any kind. It's all just made up stuff passed off as fact.
      Cryptic has asked CBS multiple times over the years, the answer has always been no

Case and point.

You always claim this great knowledge of what CBS says and have yet to provide even the slightest bit of proof for any of it. You have no more idea what agreements exist between Cryptic and CBS then anyone else on this forum and you need to stop passing off your assumptions as fact.
      Insert witty signature line here.
    • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,296 Community Moderator
      It is true. The devs have mentioned several times in livestreams things that CBS has said no to.
      GrWzQke.png
      Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
      Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
      Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
      ----> Contact Customer Support <----
      Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
      Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
      Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
      Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
    This discussion has been closed.