test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game loads up stuck on "Patching 3 files"

To elaborate, the game loads to the point where I should be seeing the character selection screen. It then fades to a black screen (I hear the music though) and it says Patching 3 files 0 Bytes, my internet is working fine the problem isn't my system. Can anyone help? I've just reinstalled the game on my new Windows 10 system and all my other games work fine.
Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges

Comments

• zamweasel#2732 zamweasel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I'm having problems as well. It started off that I could get in to the game but it froze when loading missions on more than one toon and now it wont let me in from the character selection screen. I've given up for now. Hopefully they get it sorted soon
  • siotaylorsiotaylor Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    I'm in, but getting the same issue changing maps.
  • cendiar1cendiar1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I'm having the same problems as well. I can get to the character selection screen fine but when i try to load it gets stuck.
  • gaijinsouthwindgaijinsouthwind Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    not sure why this is happening to others, but so far i've been able to do this no problem. log into and out of chars, change zones. maybe it's ISP related? on Shaw cable here, in BC, Canada.
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Just got 2 characters stuck with "Patching 4 files, 0 bytes/s" after entering the Dyson sphere from the delta quadrant. I tried force verify of files on loader but am completely stuck now (just when I decided to load up STO again). Edit: seems it unjammed itself after waiting some more.
    Post edited by alcyoneserene on
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • alexanderb#7559 alexanderb Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    Same here while trying to get in a story mission, hanging on 'Patching 9 files..'
  • kidinthehall#2744 kidinthehall Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    Same here with patching 3 files. Glad it's not just me.
  • warordoswarordos Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I have the same issue.
    Loaded main character.
    Went into a PvE Team queue.
    Map went to change/load.
    Stuck at loading 6 files -- never completes.

Other characters will load, but I've not tried changing maps out of concern they too will become "trapped" in loading limbo.
  • l3ct3rl3ct3r Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    Same here.
    Main character stuck at loading into DS9.

Other characters load normal.
  • sarah2774sarah2774 Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    It happened to me when going to kobali prime. I reloaded the game 5 times stuck at 40%. Then I left the computer for 10 min and it loaded. That how i got my character unstuck. It only happens to zone which you have not been for a while when it needs to patch.

I have tested on 2 different maps.

OPv9m3F.jpg
  • kromar#8332 kromar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    same issue on three characters now. One while attempting to load a TFO. another while attempting to load the mission "Blood of the ancients:

one finally completed after being hung up for 10 minutes.

ISP Xfinity.
  • wewarren68wewarren68 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    I have the same issue on my main trying to get to the Fleet Dillithium Mine. Tried force verify that still stuck at 41.13%. I tried a different captain and get stuck trying to load the Main Fleet Base screen.
  • rifleman386rifleman386 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Stuck on Patching 9 files with my main toon, was on my way to the unexplored system during the episode Sunrise, attempted to load 3 times yet to no avail.
  • rifleman386rifleman386 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Oh it seems to be working now.
  • terrapaq#3835 terrapaq Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Got stuck trying to go to the Klingon Acadamy. Stuck at loading patch 7
  • tribbulatertribbulater Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    Was working one week ago, did some family visiting, came back, loaded a patch, went to bed.

Today, trying to log in, same issue as OP. I get the launcher fine, click 'Engage'. Get the loading screen and loading bar with the big "CRYPTIC" in the middle, goes through fine. Then it flips to black screen with "Patching 3 files, 0 bytes", the swirly time counter goes around 3 times, then everything stops. No crash or bug report, just stops.

Exited, re-launched ARC, started launcher, same thing. Will try a 'Force Verify' on launch later, no time for that atm.
  • kevkla36#5936 kevkla36 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I have the same problem im stuck in the loading screen to starbase 39 with a patch thing in left corner froze at 6 of 7 to patch
  • unitydrone#2046 unitydrone Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I'm also stuck after character selection screen... it's stuck at 41,19 % with the message in the top left corner "patching 10 files".

I was able to log onto another character into the game no problem.
    But my federation character is stuck somwhere in a black hole I guess. :D
  • stherosthero Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    Same here while trying to get in a story mission, hanging on 'Patching 9 files..'

Which mission would that be? I'm also facing this issue during the mission 'Brushfire'. I tried playing this mission with not 1 but two characters and both had the same problem!! Had to eventually close the client through task manager.
    Resistance is Futile.

You Will be Assimilated.

Assimilation is the Key to Happiness.
    :D
  • marshal001marshal001 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    i can't even load into game, says it patching files at 0 mb/s, been doing this since 3:30 this morning, CST. I think this is game wide.
  • tomswiftjrtomswiftjr Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Same here; multiple toons, any patching. I'm also in Canada and on Shaw. BTW.
  • gearjammer11965gearjammer11965 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    My Main toon is also stuck trying to load into DS9. Says patching 10 files
  • tribbulatertribbulater Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    Asked for advice in the 'NoP Public Service' global channel, here were suggestions:

- Start Launcher, select Options, run a Force Verify to check all files (I have not tried this yet)

- Start Launcher, select Options, uncheck the 'On Demand Patching' box, save, Engage (this worked for me)

- One person mentioned re-installing the .hogg files, that it worked for him, but I haven't tried this and don't know the procedure for it.

Just tossing these out for anyone who wants to give them a shot
  • marshal001marshal001 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Turning off the On Demand Patching worked for me
  • gaijinsouthwindgaijinsouthwind Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Asked for advice in the 'NoP Public Service' global channel, here were suggestions:

- Start Launcher, select Options, run a Force Verify to check all files (I have not tried this yet)

- Start Launcher, select Options, uncheck the 'On Demand Patching' box, save, Engage (this worked for me)

- One person mentioned re-installing the .hogg files, that it worked for him, but I haven't tried this and don't know the procedure for it.

Just tossing these out for anyone who wants to give them a shot

just a reminder doing this downloads ALL the files for the game, in some cases estimated extra 25Gb, so it'll take time based on your ISP package speeds for this to complete.
  • dargalanddargaland Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    lukem2409 wrote: »
    To elaborate, the game loads to the point where I should be seeing the character selection screen. It then fades to a black screen (I hear the music though) and it says Patching 3 files 0 Bytes, my internet is working fine the problem isn't my system. Can anyone help? I've just reinstalled the game on my new Windows 10 system and all my other games work fine.

Mine didn't get past the patching 3 files. The little animation in the top left would just stop and I would have nothing but a black screen. This is the same issue I had before and turning off on demand patching seems to work this time as well. It seems to happen mainly when new content/expansion is introduced.