test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Best Looking Ship - Your Opinion

steaensteaen Member Posts: 644 Arc User
A very simple question - purely in terms of aesthetics, ignoring functionality in any form (tiers, DPS, turn rate etc...), which ship do you think is the best looking in the game?

For me, it would be the Temporal Destroyer, with the Mobius skin instead of the Klein, and fitted with the S31 vanity shield. The shield gives it a real stealth look which seems to work perfectly on this ship (to me at least), hence mine is named the USS Nighthawk NX-9117 after the Lockheed F-117 Nighthawk aircraft.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• cyllus2014cyllus2014 Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    I like my Paladin with the Ranger skin and material type 0. It's a bit plain, but I really like the TOS style of the ship. Named it the USS Spartan.
  • byozuma#0956 byozuma Member Posts: 502 Arc User
    I like my Elachi S'ateth (pictured below). It's the closest you can get to a Star Destroyer outside of the Voth Bastion... and that ship's too curvy to be a decent facsimile (and has a tiny engine cluster to boot).
    oldracesbanner.jpg
  • xorvxorv Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    Faeht is probably my favorite looking ship. I was really hoping the S31 shield would make my Tadaari a jet black Batman ship, but alas the shield looks TRIBBLE on that ship as do most shields.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Man.. picking one would be really difficult.

It's a credit to the team that does these ship models, they make so many just amazing looking ships.

I have so many I could list.. but I am just going to keep it simple and go with the Sovereign Class. I always loved this ship in the movies and while I have read some things from people that think the model needs another update.. I think it looks great.

I'm not currently using it due to the fact that I mostly run Cannons, but I am thinking of having a new character level up in one now that it scales.

If I had to go with a STO Specific ship.. I would pick the Gagarin Class Model in my signature. I just think it's stunning.

Insert witty signature line here.
  • sylveriareldensylveriarelden Member Posts: 531 Arc User
    Anything but the "Toilet Bowl Seat" series. And anything that looks like a space brick.

But I personally prefer the Presidio's look, classic but refined yet not too gaudy. I also like the look of the Prometheus, Odyssey and a few others.
    It's not you- it's me. I just need my space.

Being critical doesn't take skill. Being constructively critical- which is providing alternative solutions or suggestions to a demonstrated problem, however, does.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    I really like my purple Annorax, but I'm not entirely sure if its the absolute best looking one. Never thought of them that way.

I also like the eldritch horror look of the Vonph, and the larger jem'hadar ships are pretty neat. And the Chronos but only with a vanity shield that gives it a more interesting color scheme than the default white.
  • jkwrangler2010jkwrangler2010 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    Canon ships
    Akira-class and variants: Sleek looking and packs a punch.
    Nebula-class and variants: Purposeful look and not as disproportionate looking as the Galaxy-class.
    Prometheus-class: Warship

STO original ships
    Presidio-class: Sleek looking cruiser.
  • zerokillcf2011zerokillcf2011 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    I grew up with TNG, so I lean towards the canon ships from that series: Nebula, Galaxy, Galaxy X (last episode was sooo great), and lesser ships like the Ambassador, Reliant, and Oberth.

But by AOY alt flys and Atlas. Best looking "period" ship I think.
  • kurumimorishitakurumimorishita Member Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    I never can decide between a standard Akira, my Hestia/Prometheus kitbash & my Brigid/Palatine kitbash so my absolute number one (aesthetics-wise) always switches among them.
    "We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
    - Captain Six of Nine aka Ashley "Don't Call Me Ash" Campbell
    q4F10XV.jpg
    ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, NEVER OUTGUNNED
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    I can never pick an absolute favorite anything.

But for my main, his favorite ship is the Wells and its temporal counterpart, the Eternal.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    Some of my personal favorites are the Sovereign series, the Heavy Cruiser series (Cheyenne/Dakota/etc), and the Miranda/Reliant series.

Of course, I generally kitbash the heck out of them, so it's a mix of parts I prefer.
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    Nothing beats the Galaxy Class.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    The engi version of the Odissey Class T6 for feds, the J'uael for the Romulans and for Klingon, the Vor'Kang has a place in my heart..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    Oh this is hard, lol. Can I pick by faction??

Fed I'd have to say it's a tie between the New Orleans and the Ambassador. For the Ambassador, it's got that simple classic look but with updated styling. For the New Orleans, how can you not love the OG kitbash that was put together with literal highlighters ;)

Romulan, it's gotta be the Aelahl. For me, it's the perfect combo between the canon D'deridex and Mogai. So it really strikes me as a fitting evolution of Romulan ship design.

KDF/Jem, I don't play enough and have never been interested in canon anyways.

TOS, probably the Ranger. It looks as ridiculous as I'd have expected for the era, but still has a mean stance to it.

Disco... I'm still waiting for a ship that really screams epic to me. So far the Shepard I'd say. That'll probably be my freebie T6 purchase.
  • jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    Pretty much any TOS style craft, or skins thereof. Then again, I have always had a soft spot for that overall retro aesthetic for sci-fi in general.
    Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
  • rigel701#0929 rigel701 Member Posts: 2 New User
    > @sylveriarelden said:
    > Anything but the "Toilet Bowl Seat" series. And anything that looks like a space brick.
    >
    I really have to wonder what IN THE UNIVERSE you could be referring to?? Must be an X-files reference .... right?? Actually I did not even notice star-ships on X-files. Maybe I wasn't paying enough attention, eh?
  • rigel701#0929 rigel701 Member Posts: 2 New User
    It's really all about the inside and how many trillions of gallons of space have been crammed into it...
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,206 Arc User
    By far for me the T'laru. I know people make fun of it for looking like a whale but I think it is one of the perfect romulan ship designs and looks kind of like what a true Romulan built carrier would be.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • noemiecarnesirnoemiecarnesir Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    It's an hard question, I like so many ship ! Every have a particular looking, a personality like when we watch an animal.

If I would need to choose one, it would be the : https://sto.gamepedia.com/Tal_Shiar_Adapted_Destroyer

With its aggressive look, like an insect, or a dark angel, this ship attracted me since the first time I played the game. I never got it because I have other priority before choose a ship perfect for one of my characters (Like The Devourer my hive queen or Defiance my romulan liberated Borg), it's to get experimentals weapons from ships.
  • ioneonioneon Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    TOS Connie! Remember when you weren't even allowed to mention the TOS Connie on the forums? Trendy gave me a week vacation for mentioning it once. lol
  • majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    I'm partial to the Romulan Dysons myself. Would add with Romulan hull, type 2 or 3 but naturally, I'm pretty biased.
    ~Shia~

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 65, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 65, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 65, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 63, Rom Tac
    Sukima, Lvl 65, Fed Vul Sci

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anointed Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator
  • sylveriareldensylveriarelden Member Posts: 531 Arc User
    > @sylveriarelden said:
    > Anything but the "Toilet Bowl Seat" series. And anything that looks like a space brick.
    >
    I really have to wonder what IN THE UNIVERSE you could be referring to?? Must be an X-files reference .... right?? Actually I did not even notice star-ships on X-files. Maybe I wasn't paying enough attention, eh?

Theseus, Perseus, Sagittarius, etc.

Look at them from the top down and you'll see what I'm referring to.

As far as the space bricks... take your general pick of most of the newer KDF ships. They went from the sleeker look of the D7 to looking like cargo shipping containers. Or a whole lot of them glued together, anyway. No real form other than rectangular.

Apologies if that offends your delicate sensibilities, but we're all entitled to our own opinions.
    It's not you- it's me. I just need my space.

Being critical doesn't take skill. Being constructively critical- which is providing alternative solutions or suggestions to a demonstrated problem, however, does.
  • mightybjorn1984#3519 mightybjorn1984 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    I really like the Sovereign myself.
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    I love the D'dex. As for original ships, I'll probably vote for the (not very popular with everybody) Scryer. But as others have mentioned, there are many great models, and if I answer this thread in 5 minutes, I'll name different ones.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • lnbladelnblade Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    I really like the Naj'sov. It looks like the Klingons decided they needed a science ship, so they took the Vor'cha, replaced the mission pod with a beefier deflector array, then stuck all of the extra sensors and lab space in that ridiculous chin attachment at the front. It's perfectly suited to the KDF, taking an existing design and modifying it to suit their needs because they didn't need to build something from the ground up like Starfleet does every time they decide they need something new.
  • tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Visuals are a part of the equation for me... Lately, this includes the Section 31 shield... Granted, not all areas showcase the beauty of this vanity item, but when it does...

hmoyulixd4031.jpg
    y3oqywim1lz21.jpg
    eqh0eln9pdz21.jpg
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Anybody have the Hestia with those shields??, they are so incredibly expensive on the Exchange right now...
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • kurumimorishitakurumimorishita Member Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    gaevsman wrote: »
    Anybody have the Hestia with those shields??, they are so incredibly expensive on the Exchange right now...

Just some super-quick shots (no demorecord/postwork) looks very cool on a lot of ships, but is definitely not worth 100M imo!!!

zEkmQyy.jpg
    hsIQ9c0.jpg
    xCrrrut.jpg
    Mni4yac.jpg
    "We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
    - Captain Six of Nine aka Ashley "Don't Call Me Ash" Campbell
    q4F10XV.jpg
    ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, NEVER OUTGUNNED
This discussion has been closed.