test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• icerose20icerose20 Member Posts: 18,379 Arc User
    RAdm Rose: Should get everyone on station in 30 minutes, then we will get under way. Just hope this is a flase alarm. Rose out. (She gets up looks at her kids with a thin smile) Comms, put the ship on Yellow Alert, have every return to the ship in 30 minutes, or they will left behind. We are going to DS9

Davion CommO: Understood, sir.

The ship goes to Yellow Alert as she goes up and hugs her kids: Wish Karter was here, btu you knwo what to do once we get to Red Alert.
    Ancient Griffon insult

That one is so stupid, he lost a Rock/Paper/Scissors game to a Pony.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,275 Arc User
    (define 'powerful torpedoes'...the strongest bomber-mounted weapon you can get is the space bomb, and those weren't around in oculus' time)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    (That YouTuber's actually pretty good. He and the one with Thrawn as his avatar, starwarsreadingclub or something like that. Also saw Ekheartsladder compare the Falcon to the Ebon Hawk. If both ships were from the same time period, the Ebon Hawk's actually more powerful due to her weapons.)

Krystal: Who knows. Lets just get the... job... Alex? Does that look like a failing forcefield to you? *points at a damaged section*
    Exeter: Comms unreliable. Can't focus on bigger ships with swarm on us. Can't contact DS9 or K-13.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    (that's one of the three star wars sources i'm subbed to, the other two being Spacedock (though they cover general sci-fi, not just star wars) and The Lore Master)

alex: yes...yes it does​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,205 Arc User
    (its proton torpedoes. They're powerful enough to destroy a capital ships shield generator in game in a single shot but you can only carry 4 because they're expensive, rare, and for balance reasons. Presumably their size also limits how many you can use. They're not quite the same as those used by bombers and the like in modern star wars they're much more powerful. There's also some modifications you can get to them if I remember correctly. Its like firing off a nuke instead of a missile.)

(Also that's one of the few times I've seen Eckarts do a video involving the old republic versus modern times that didn't ignore tons of evidence. When he's good he's really good, but sometimes he just flat out ignores things because they go against who he wants to win.)

Veronica: We'll be fine hon. Everything will work out. *she hugs her family*
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
    Amanda: Okay, we knwo what to do. Go be a superhero and save DS9. (She smiles and gives a warm smile to RAdm Rose.)
    Ancient Griffon insult

• nickkyana#2794 nickkyana Member Posts: 16,147 Arc User
    Nick: *slowly nods* what a mouthful. Let's help them out though.

*The Tepes turns towards Exter, heading in their direction. Nick typing away on the tactical console coming up with a fire solution. Once he has one, the Tepes fires a scatter volley from its phaser cannons. Each hitting a swarmer without hitting the Exter*

Briana: so how far out are we... also has anyone noticed Jamie and Nyssa have just been hiding or something. I haven't seen much of them.
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
    Krystal: *bites her lip* Cover me. I'm gonna see if I can reinforce that forcefield. *runs over to a console*
    *Exeter starts targeting one of the larger Hur'q ships with a full broadside*
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    *alex is right behind her - literally; he has his body draped over hers, arms spread and everything*​​

#LegalizeAwoo

*Tepes Circles around Exter, its phaser turrets and railgun turret firing on any remaining swarmers around the Exter. The Tepes points its cannons towards whatever hur'q ship Exter is targeting and fires a rapid fire volley from its phaser cannons*
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
    (*sprays thread*)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

Krystal: You know what I mean Alex...
  • hoan113hoan113 Member Posts: 5,892 Arc User
    jaessa: hmm, we're being followed....
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
    Oculus: By who?

(Well most of the reason I had Jamie come along was to have him shown off with Nyssa but Rose never uses adult Nyssa)

Veronica: Thank you. *Jack hugs Radm Rose again and Veronica kisses both of their foreheads*
    (I wanted Nyssa to do stuff, but then people there went into soemthing I HAVE NO CLUE about. )
    Ancient Griffon insult

jaessa: sssssh*t! its an imperial two star destroyer!
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
    Ethrit: How? How is a star destroyer following us?
    RAdm Rose kisses her family, then rushed to the bridge thinking to Veronica: I do not know what i woudl do without you.

Amanda gives a hug to Veronica: Can I be scared and not show it, Mama?

Rose: Well, kids, we knwo what to do, and pray nothing happens.

Fiona: We ok. We got both Mommy to protect us.
    Ancient Griffon insult

(So where is Briana and her merry band at now?)
    Ancient Griffon insult

(they were on their way to Korriban again to pick up Jaessa's droid and for Oculus to look into something but now we're stuck on to be continued while being followed by a star destroyer)

Veronica: Of course honey. *she nods squeezing Amanda protectively*

Zach: Yeah! *He bounces up and down. Anya is trying to float around to get a toy she left on a shelf*
    Rose uses a little spell to put the toy in Anya's graps: Good, Anya. (She smiles that proud parent smile)

RAdm Rose gets up on the bridge: We let the crew understand they 30 min to get on baord ship, or they are left behind.

Onduty CommO: Yes, sir.

Helm: We got a course to DS9 plotted, is this an exercise?

RAdm Rose: If it is, then they didnt let me know, so make you own thought about it.
    Ancient Griffon insult

Briana: we're still in hyperspace. They cant do anything to us here. We're faster so when we drop out we can cloak
    edited May 2019
    ONyssa comes out: So we are at Warp?
    Post edited by icerose20 on
    Ancient Griffon insult

(Which Nyssa is asking? The one on Briana's ship or the younger one back home?)
    (Older Nyssa)
    Ancient Griffon insult

Briana: *Looks at Nyssa* Yeah, pretty much. Apparently we're being followed. No idea how.
    edited May 2019
    ONyssa: Did we pick up soem supplies earlier? Might be a tracker on them?
    Ancient Griffon insult

Briana: no we didn't. We just got a gun and a droid. And the gun case isnt even here. It was taken with jakara through a portal.
    edited May 2019
    (if they're in hyperspace, they can't be followed - it's not like warp where you can sync yourself to someone else's warp field and follow them that way

also, why are there no hur'q trying to attack the one fixing the failing emergency forcefield?)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

Jaessa: dropping out of hyperspace. *brings the ship out of hyperspace near korriban orbit only to see two imperial II star destroyers about 20 km in front of them. The other dropping out of hyperspace not long after they arrive.* f*ck me with a damn shovel.....