test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"cold comfort" - Definitely bugged, impossible to complete.

legionexxodlegionexxod Member Posts: 21 Arc User
I've reported this to a GM who's advice I've followed and confirms that this is likely a bug.
after starting your interrogation of Tran, you have to click on the console by the commanding officer's cell... only there is no console, but if you mouse over where it should be, the mouse goes grey like its out of reach.... I've attempted all kinds of angles of approach, restarting the mission, logging out and logging back in (after 7 hours) and trying again, no change. its persistent. The problem only worsens because 1) without completing this mission you cant get offered the next one, and 2) in the available missions tab the "skip" button doesn't work either! So in other words if you have a character that doesn't already own the full breen set... you wont be able to get it.

Comments

• torchhammer#9361 torchhammer Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Jup same issue here
  • trekkiejedigirl#9564 trekkiejedigirl Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    Yup, same issue here. In mine the wall panel itself seems to be missing. In addition, I seem to be missing random wall panels in other missions as well regardless of character or faction I'm playing. Luckily, none with the exception of Cold Comfort have prevented me from completing a mission. I too filed a ticket regarding Cold Comfort and was informed it was likely a Bug and to report it here.

If anyone out there knows how to just "Skip" Cold Comfort and continue on with the Breen missions I'd sincerely appreciate the help. Since these aren't in the episode list I don't know how to or even if it can be Skipped.

Thank you
    Ali :)
  • trekkiejedigirl#9564 trekkiejedigirl Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    I've reported this to a GM who's advice I've followed and confirms that this is likely a bug.
    So in other words if you have a character that doesn't already own the full breen set... you wont be able to get it.

I have other characters that have the full set who can access the missions necessary to obtain it. But,....Aren't these items "Bound to Character?" Most items like these are so, doing this on a different character wouldn't help me get this set to the character that cannot complete Cold Comfort. Unless you know something I do not, that is..........

• legionexxodlegionexxod Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    So in other words if you have a character that doesn't already own the full breen set... you wont be able to get it.

I have other characters that have the full set who can access the missions necessary to obtain it. But,....Aren't these items "Bound to Character?" Most items like these are so, doing this on a different character wouldn't help me get this set to the character that cannot complete Cold Comfort. Unless you know something I do not, that is..........

It was an erzats point really, I just meant that it had been completable before, however, for new characters theres no possibility at all to complete the set without getting past this mission (its a habit, I often restate points ive already made in different ways to ensure delivery as readers often see the points they wish to rather than the whole picture).

On another note I've figured out how its bugged... I tried with a caitian character that can jump higher after I discovered the same bug on one of the iconian missions, just by jumping higher i was able to click on the door pannel "button" so it seems that somehow the interactable "pannel" has been moved literally on top of other meshes perhapse its a collision issue?
  • legionexxodlegionexxod Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Saying that though it looks like they have fixed this in the latest patch! :smile:

"Resolved several areas where console interacts were not available to interact with during various Episodes."

"Time in a bottle and Coliseum are amongst the various Episodes that had been affected."

"Resolved an issue that was preventing the “Cold War” story line from being available."