test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Iron Throne - SPOILERS

valoreahvaloreah Member Posts: 11,726 Arc User
Ok so - this is how HBO decided to end this series? I cannot believe this is how they wanted to send this series off.

Dany never "breaking the wheel"
Tyrion crying over the death of the sister who tried to kill him on numerous occasions?
Brienne finishing the entry in the Kingsguard book for Jaime? She should be writing her OWN story, not his. The man was a complete jerk.
Bran becomes king?? If you think about it, he is the most evil character there is. He is the three-eyed raven and saw all of this happen... and let it all happen anyway.

This episode stunk IMO. What a let down :(
Dear Devs: I enjoyed the Legacy of Romulus expansion much more than the Delta Rising expansion. .
thecosmic1 wrote:
Anyone calling Valoreah a "Cryptic fanboy" must be new to the forum.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!

Comments

• theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    I did not mind it, Dany had to die for her slaughter of innocents.
    Jon did the most Honorable thing he could have done and killed Dany before she could kill any more innocents
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,100 Arc User
      Jon did the most Honorable thing he could have done and killed Dany before she could kill any more innocents

TRIBBLE that ... murder them all!
      2gdi5w4mrudm.png
      Typhoon Class please!
      thay8472 wrote: »

TRIBBLE that ... murder them all!

"Every time a Targaryen is born, the gods flip a coin and the world holds it's breath"
      NMXb2ph.png
        "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
        Jon did the right and honorable thing even if it cost him in the long run
        NMXb2ph.png
          Dany showed no mercy to King's Landing
          NMXb2ph.png
          • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
            And who put all those people in harms way as human shields?
            What human shields? Cersei's troop had surrendered. Every civilian that died after that - except perhaps people in the way of capturing Cersei - were unwarranted murders. They were not even collateral damage. They were just burned for nothing.
            valoreah wrote: »
            Dany showed no mercy to King's Landing

Yes, I know that.

My questions was where was the mercy for her?
            Yes, there was mercy. He gave her a moment of happiness and killed her before things could spiral out of control. That was pretty much the nicest way to deal with her.
            She did a whole lot of good things throughout her run in the series. None of that counts?
            Yes, it counts. By stopping her now it is ensured that she won't squander her own legacy of freeing slaves and helping beat the Night King by slaughtering the very same people she saved.
            Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
          • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
            edited May 2019
            On a side note...Danny had what could pass as a Romulan uniform , and Sansa had what could be a Klingon uniform
            Post edited by neoakiraii on
            GwaoHAD.png
          • redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
            Ok so - this is how HBO decided to end this series? I cannot believe this is how they wanted to send this series off.

Dany never "breaking the wheel"
            Tyrion crying over the death of the sister who tried to kill him on numerous occasions?
            Brienne finishing the entry in the Kingsguard book for Jaime? She should be writing her OWN story, not his. The man was a complete jerk.
            Bran becomes king?? If you think about it, he is the most evil character there is. He is the three-eyed raven and saw all of this happen... and let it all happen anyway.

This episode stunk IMO. What a let down :(
            My understanding is that the showrunners had the "cliff notes" of where the books would try to end up; they then wrote backwards to get the characters to the "cliff notes" endpoint... in 13 episodes or so. I think they rushed the show to a conclusion when they should have taken considerably more time to get to the "cliff notes" ending. Either that or deviate from the book to provide an ending for the characters as they were.
          • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
            edited May 2019
            What human shields?

It was expressly stated Cersei brought them into the city to deter the invading army.

As I said - once the troops have surrendered, you can't call civilians in the city "human shields" anymore. There is no need to burn down the entire city. People in the Red Keep might still qualify, because you might have to attack the Keep to get the queen.
            Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
          • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
            I also very much despise watching Brienne writing that final entry for Jamie. I'm sorry, but the man was an TRIBBLE. She is far, far, far more worthy to be written into that book than he is. It cheapened her character arc IMO.
            Look at the armor she's wearing in that scene. It's her JOB to write in the book now. Her character arc is basically "you're the most important knight in the land" now.
            -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
            My character Tsin'xing
            Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
          • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
            they used the hype of the first 6 seasons to get away with last 2. cut episode numbers, scenario quality fall, budget probably too... they doomed the prequel show, with these actions. the fans will remember...
            Sansa using what Littlefinger taught taught her and her experience of Cersei and Joffrey to become Queen in the North was expected
            NMXb2ph.png
            • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
              Look at the armor she's wearing in that scene. It's her JOB to write in the book now. Her character arc is basically "you're the most important knight in the land" now.

Yes, that is exactly the point. She IS the most important Knight in the land. So where is her entry in the book?

Shouldn't whoever follows her write her entry to avoid it sounding biased?
              Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
              eaY7Xxu.png
            • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
              Seems strange to me that Bran would have picked a Hand and his small council members - but have no Kingsguard?

I thought Brienne WAS the new Kingsguard?
              Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
              eaY7Xxu.png
              Poddrick Payne as well, great character throughout.
              That grin
              NMXb2ph.png
              • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,206 Arc User
                The whole Dany turning evil for no reason thing was TRIBBLE and kind of ruins the series for me.
                Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.