What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Updated on Lifetimer Subs - maybe some new ideas

2»

Comments

• Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    If the Gateway were to be revived and offered as a Lifetime reward, I think that would be a big boon.

I also agree that a small stipend of Master Keys would be nice for LTS provided that the keys were bound to account. I can't imagine that it would have much effect on the overall economy, especially if the keys couldn't just be sold.

As someone who has really never had any interest in a LTS despite years playing the game, these are a couple of things that would get my attention.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I wouldn't mind five keys a month. I don't think that will hurt the economy that much.

And it might inspire some people to actually buy keys.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    kavolkavol Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    As a recent LTS from the last sale, I was more miffed to find out forum titles weren't a thing anymore. But they're still listed as a reward. I spent like an hour trying to change it on here before figuring out they just didn't bother updating the reward page. I know it's just a vanity thing but they should be careful about not updating things, as it's now technically false advertising.
    sto-large.jpg
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    Considering these forums don't really support titles... pretty much a given that forum titles are non existant. We still get everything else like the in game titles.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    The only thing I currently would like to see added to the lifetime sub rewards is maybe a Jem'Hadar shuttle (like the Feds get the Captain's Yacht), and a Jem'Hadar version of the Heavy Destroyer.
    And some unique Costume Piece for Jem'Hadar (just like the klingons get the long jacket version of their uniform and unique shoulders)
    Feds, KDF, AND even the Roms all get rewards. Why none added for Jems?

EDIT: Whoops, forgot those things are Veteran Rewards, not lifetime sub rewards! Silly me. But the Jems still need these things.
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    Canon wise Jem'Hadar don't really get special things because they are viewed as disposable soldiers by the Dominion.

We will be getting a vet destroyer though.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    claudiusdk wrote: »
    The only thing I currently would like to see added to the lifetime sub rewards is maybe a Jem'Hadar shuttle (like the Feds get the Captain's Yacht), and a Jem'Hadar version of the Heavy Destroyer.
    And some unique Costume Piece for Jem'Hadar (just like the klingons get the long jacket version of their uniform and unique shoulders)
    Feds, KDF, AND even the Roms all get rewards. Why none added for Jems?

EDIT: Whoops, forgot those things are Veteran Rewards, not lifetime sub rewards! Silly me. But the Jems still need these things.

They are one and the same thing since LTS gives the full list if veteran rewards from the point you buy it instead of having to earn it over time, which is now only possible if you still have a sub running from before the point when that revenue stream got killed off.

Roms got the rewards eventually, not at the release of the faction. Currently all effort seems to be milking the disco deal they have with CBS to when the jem vet stuff arrives is anyones guess.
  • Options
    elvnswordselvnswords Member Posts: 184 Arc User

I would add that a stipend of keys would be nice, as we already know that NWN has proven it works. Give us the same plan, a key a day and a 500 Cstore stipend.

Peterconnorfirst hit the nail on the head though. Restart the Gateway as anapp with full DOff, Crafting and Fleet Donation windows (Including the ability to refine Dilithium or even access the dilithium market and buy Zen (and make Cryptic more $)) and you would have a HUGE draw for the Lifetime subscriber.

Access to an Unrestricted Tailor in the Aenigma Nebula would be a BIG boon to the RPers, and it would give a reason to go to the Nebula over other social zones. It would also give the Lifetimers something a lot of us have clamored for from the beginning of the game with more access to more costume options.
This discussion has been closed.