test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Constitution Class Refit skin

generalzod34generalzod34 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
Really long time player, would like to see the constitution class refit skin more easily attainable. Either with a Cstore ship or other Fed cruisers. As of now the temporal light cruiser is only available for 1.5b Ec 😳 or the R&D pack promotion. Not feasible for players on a budget. Of course there is the level 2 refit, but is worthless to a level 65 character.. thanks

Comments

• khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    I mined Dil, converted it to zen and then bought Infinity boxes. I lucked out and got one.
    The alternative is to mine Dil, convert to zen and buy keys, then sell keys on the Exchange. It will take time but it’s not impossible.
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • generalzod34generalzod34 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    Not saying I want the Temporal Cruiser, just for that skin to be available
  • marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
    The Constitution-class is the most iconic Star Trek ship and therefore most people would want one, which is why they make it so unattainable to trick people into spending a lot of money trying to get one.

It’s called capitalism.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Yeah...and you think the people shelling out 1.5 bil for that ship is doing it for the stats? Nope, it's for the skin.

Yeah, temporal powers aren't the best out there. I understand the theme of getting the Connie to T6 by being a temporal look-a-like ship essentially. Personally, I'd rather it be an intel ship.

At this point your best hope is that the DSC Connie is put in the game at a not stupid price point. Or settle for the JJ-prise, its under 300M I think?

• tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,635 Arc User
    Yeah...and you think the people shelling out 1.5 bil for that ship is doing it for the stats? Nope, it's for the skin.

Yeah, temporal powers aren't the best out there. I understand the theme of getting the Connie to T6 by being a temporal look-a-like ship essentially. Personally, I'd rather it be an intel ship.

At this point your best hope is that the DSC Connie is put in the game at a not stupid price point. Or settle for the JJ-prise, its under 300M I think?

Kelvin Timeline Connie is decently over 300, but still under 400 Million. Its price is up since it's pegged against any of the other Infinity Lockbox T6 ships, including the brand-new Mirror Engle ship, as well as the Crossfield (which had a very large spike in demand when the Discovery micro-faction came out.)
  • khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    The Constitution-class is the most iconic Star Trek ship and therefore most people would want one, which is why they make it so unattainable to trick people into spending a lot of money trying to get one.

It’s called capitalism.

Well...not exactly. If there was a way for somebody to give you an alternative way...legally...than it would be capitalism. As it stands, the only way to legally get this digital item is to spend lots and lots of money with cryptic. It's a monopoly. This is why IP laws are anti capitalist. I mean there are still capitalist market forces at work because if you charge too much, nobody will buy it still as it isn't a required purchase...but really, because this is a product of IP, it's really not capitalism.

I got mine without spending a dime. Dil to Zen to boxes or keys to sell on the exchange
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    This is a frequently created topic. Answer: no, in keeping with the TNG era and after (see. 2409/2410) the Constitution class will probably never become a generally accessible T6 ship in STO. The low odds of the promo box allow it to skirt the rule that (prior to the pack) absolutely prevented the ship from featuring in STO's end-game. Sure, Cryptic does make money off of it, but the alternative to promo T6 connie was simply no T6 connie (demonstrated over years of STO's life.)

The promo pack isn't a prelude to further accommodations. It is what it is and its ultimately responsible for getting this ship in the end-game in any form. It's not all accommodating, but it does let at least some people enjoy the ship.

It’s called capitalism.
    Or sticking with a production rule from TNG and onward which manifested itself in STO as no end-game connie up until the post AOY promo pack (an era inclusive of retrofits and refits in the c-store and fleet store.)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • danilknight11danilknight11 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    How about creating a tos miranda skin for the T6 advance light cruiser.