test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Phoenix Prize Pack Event

How is everybody doing with the event?

I blew a cool million and got predictably ho-hum results. My average so far out of every twenty packs:

10-13 "Uncommon"

2-5 "Rare"

2-5 "Very Rare"

0 UR or Epic

So far I converted uncommon into Phoenix Research (brought an Entoiled Tech & Terran TF Disruptor set from XII VR to XV UR) along with a Tegolar sword for good measure. Rare was converted to duty officers and Epic Admiralty Ship Cards for Alts. I have held on to the 30 VR Phoenix Prizes wondering if any of the consoles/gear is worth buying or if it should all be broken down the Uncommons/Phoenix research. What say you?

Any projects you have going for yours?

Comments

• Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    I got about 1.5 upgrade tokens per 4,000 dil so I did just fine.
  • Options
    pulpsmack#4226 pulpsmack Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    Sounds like no real endorsements for the Epic consoles at the VR prize level? I will wait a moment for anybody else to chime in before breaking them down to uncommon and leveling a Gamma Space Set.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    Sounds like no real endorsements for the Epic consoles at the VR prize level? I will wait a moment for anybody else to chime in before breaking them down to uncommon and leveling a Gamma Space Set.

I keep some of each token level for future use, but the only reason I hang on to the Epics is in case they ever add something besides event ships or let us sell them someday. I already own all of the T6 event ships.
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Red Matter Capacitor and that one we got from Crystalline are two I know of.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Oh yeah, sorry.

Still I know there are consoles added to the box now. And that one from Crystalline is one of them. Can't remember off the top of my head what the others are.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    I like to break down my epics into URs. I have all T6 event ships but none of them before (the Sarr Theln winter event was my first one - could have been earlier but I missed the ones before).
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Since the best tokens are the uncommons, and since I have all of the ships in the phoenix, I only care about uncommons.

But you certainly care for 2, 4, 8, 16 uncommons in one pack ;)
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I keep some of the Uncommon, Rare, and VR in case new stuff is released in the Store that I am interested in for a few of my Characters. Since the first Phoenix Event I've gotten one Epic (during the first Event) and no URs.

Since I have all the Event ships as Account Unlocks I don't need them. The Epic, I traded in for two URs, and picked up the JHAS and Bulwark for two of my Characters.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    iamjmphiamjmph Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    well a bit late but i converted about 2 mil dil into boxes(half on 1 toon the rest spread out) made about 600 pheonix upgrades, got the admirality and duty officers for all my toons and picked up a few vr rewards. I also got 1 epic out of it. And while i loved all the upgrades, a few UR's or another epic or 2 would have been nice for the amount expended.
  • Options
    duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Since the best tokens are the uncommons, and since I have all of the ships in the phoenix, I only care about uncommons.

I think your math is off a bit for 'best', seeing how an epic is worth 16 uncommons. ;)
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    I opened over 200 phoenix boxes ( I needed to replenish by tech upgrade stock). I own all the ships in the pack but I was surprised that I didn't even get a single ultra rare token.
    • 140 uncommons
    • 54 rares
    • 37 very rares
    • 0 ultra rare
    • 0 epic
  • Options
    pzzdachupzzdachu Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    So I used my Phoenix tokens to buy the two Ships only to not get them... Has Perfect world been refunding the tokens for the swag they apparently are not giving us? I'd like my ships or the tokens back so I can buy something that will be awarded.
    Allow me to introduce myself, I am P'zzd Achu.
  • Options
    foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,481 Arc User
    @baddmoonrizin

Nerco Alert! All hands to Mod stations :)
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,319 Community Moderator
    Necro. /Thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.