test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Question as to why I got a leaver penalty.

So, I am wondering why the heck I got a leaver penalty FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY OUT OF MY CONTROL! I had a Crash-to-Desktop right after loading into the Operation: Riposte TFO and did the recommended File Verification before entering the game and when I hop into my character to do Operation: Riposte for the day on said character I am greeted to a Leaver penalty. I should NEVER have gotten it as the CTD was ENTIRELY NOT MY FAULT. Seriously, I am being punished for the game crashing.
signature_for_kerbal_space_program_by_lord_inu_hanyou-dbhp8de.png
[06/16 11:51] [Combat (Self)] Your Advanced Dual Heavy Radiant Antiproton Cannons - Hypercharge deals 237970 (113626) Antiproton Damage(Critical) to Tactical Cube.
AHAHAHA! Eat it Borg!
[09/15 11:01] [Combat (Self)] You lose 12187085 Cold Damage from Death.
Death is OP, please nerf. I BLAME KURLAND FOR THIS!

Comments

• bonzaibob22bonzaibob22 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    I understand the purpose for this penalty, but it has a number of flaws that, to me outweigh its current implementation. Game crashes while loading or during a TFO is definitely the biggest issue. I have also run into situations that a pug just cannot complete a mission due to a bug and everyone has to leave the TFO. Further, I have had the misfortunes to have a really bad pug that simply cannot finish a TFO and players leave after an extraordinary long time stuck in the TFO (longer than 45+ minutes). IMHO, the instances where an actual leaver happens doesn't meet the instances of the false positives that occur so the leaver penalty should be removed until a more fair way of instituting it can be found. All or nothing only penalizes more good people than bad.

An idea: have a counter for leaving and have a penalty instituted after a set number of leaver instances occur during a specific time period. Just a thought...