test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Introducing the Discovery Legends Reputation!

1235»

Comments

• zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Just curious whether the Mind Meld Device is actually an equippable Device or if it takes a weapon slot.

I'd be disappointed if it took a weapon slot, and I'd be forever agitated if it only swapped out Palm Strike for Engage when its your active weapon.

Other than that little detail, overall it looks nice.

Well... we already have those melee gloves...
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Tsunkatse_Gloves

I thought those were used by fathers to slap around there sons named Will. ;)
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Are Discovery Marks included as choices? Are Endeavor or RTFO Marks Choice Boxes eligible to invoke the Daily Marks Bonus?

I venture to guess that when the Summer Event releases, the Monkey and Bird Marks Choice Boxes will not have Discovery Marks as a selection. (It could very well be that Gamma isn't there either at first and will need to be added during an Update).
    Interestingly the RTFO bonus box does let you get Discovery already.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    The RTFOs need serious work, they are a morass plagued by AFK and other exploits, and even when everyone is actually doing the scenarios they are often shorthanded because of leavers (the ground ones especially) which can drag the non-timered scenarios out considerably. They need to do something like announce what the RTFO is on the accept or deny popup so people pass before the team is committed rather than half the people bailing in disgust when the scenario starts.
    I almost never get AFKers or leavers when doing RTFOs, even during ground ones.
    All in all it slows down the already glacial timegated reputation system
    If you think the reputation system is "glacial" then you haven't played many MMOs. In comparison to most MMOs, The reputation system is rather speedy.

Maybe it is a time thing, I tend to be on more at odd hours in the middle of the night than during the day, but it still is a problem for people during the off-peak hours even if it isn't anymore for primetime.

As far as the DSC rep itself goes, it looks like a good tanky rep that might even breathe some life into the old T5 ships reguardless of whether it helps bring the usual role trinity to STO or not.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    The unholy trinity used to be a thing in STO and then they ditched it in favour of doing a catch all the skill tree and paring professions down to a few abilities and the very rare time where it had an small impact on what you did such as the recent disco mission or the satellites in the awful pahvo space tfo.

This tanky rep set might just as easily be their response to complaints over the damage some npc's can dish out such as the terrans with their 15-20k a pop torpedo salvos.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    Am I crazy to predict that the DL Rep will be used largely for salvaged item?
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,164 Arc User
    Its turned into my fav rep of them all. Loving the hull boost items and hull regen items. They let me tank with zero bridge officer powers even in advanced/Elite.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    Its turned into my fav rep of them all. Loving the hull boost items and hull regen items. They let me tank with zero bridge officer powers even in advanced/Elite.

I am hoping it will allow me to run a Ha'nom in higher level content without it feeling like a big bumbling soapbubble the way they do now :)
  • ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    Is this intentional or a oversight ? I've noticed this new rep is only giving 2500 progression points for the 20 hour projects instead of the 5000 that sponsored reps give. Makes hitting tier 6 a very very very long way away
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    Is this intentional or a oversight ? I've noticed this new rep is only giving 2500 progression points for the 20 hour projects instead of the 5000 that sponsored reps give. Makes hitting tier 6 a very very very long way away

It will give 2500 until you reach T5 with one character - then it will give 5000 for all.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    It will take the Character running the Reputation first 70 days to reach Tier 6. All other Characters on that Account will require 50 days.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    I am hoping it will allow me to run a Ha'nom in higher level content without it feeling like a big bumbling soapbubble the way they do now :)
    Yeah the random "junk" items are equal to fleet gear. The only question is if they fit your build.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • mikeblackwolfmikeblackwolf Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    I don't know if this has been mentioned before but the projectile weapon (Dark Matter Quantum Torpedo Launcher) was a TNG era tech, I was kinda hoping it would be a era correct Photon torpedo, if nothing else it's a reason to use photons <3
    I don't know if this has been mentioned before but the projectile weapon (Dark Matter Quantum Torpedo Launcher) was a TNG era tech, I was kinda hoping it would be a era correct Photon torpedo, if nothing else it's a reason to use photons <3
    Well, these are modern weapons built using specs from back then.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • lexers615#4253 lexers615 Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    @ambassadorkael#6946 When will you restor Jem'Hadar Vaguard special sponsorship to DSC marks? I did purchase a Jem'Hadar Vanguard mostly because you advertised that it came presponsored in all reputations but you seem to have forgotten to activate it for DSC marks. I filled a ticket about this, I was assured that it was eventually going to be fixed, however you simply removed the "pre-sponsored in all reputation" part from the advertisment and didn't actually fix the problem.
  • sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 636 Arc User
    They still haven't added the discovery marks as a choice from the endeavour packages, which sucks.
    @ambassadorkael#6946 When will you restor Jem'Hadar Vaguard special sponsorship to DSC marks? I did purchase a Jem'Hadar Vanguard mostly because you advertised that it came presponsored in all reputations but you seem to have forgotten to activate it for DSC marks. I filled a ticket about this, I was assured that it was eventually going to be fixed, however you simply removed the "pre-sponsored in all reputation" part from the advertisment and didn't actually fix the problem.
    Those sort of deals only count to reputations that existed BEFORE the thing began.

The same thing is true of the recruitment awards. Several recruit objectives say things like "complete 5 reps" or something similar, but they only count the ones that had come out before the recruitment event started.

Though I do think they should change it in this case to add reputations added later.
    That does change that, 1 - at the time I purchased the race, it said it was presponsored in all reputations, 2 - support aggreeed with me when I filled a ticket but they said it was eventually going to be fixed and couldn't provide me an exact date. That why I was trying to contact a dev.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Those sort of deals only count to reputations that existed BEFORE the thing began.

The same thing is true of the recruitment awards. Several recruit objectives say things like "complete 5 reps" or something similar, but they only count the ones that had come out before the recruitment event started.

Though I do think they should change it in this case to add reputations added later.
    That does change that, 1 - at the time I purchased the race, it said it was presponsored in all reputations, 2 - support aggreeed with me when I filled a ticket but they said it was eventually going to be fixed and couldn't provide me an exact date. That why I was trying to contact a dev.
    Vanguards were never presponsored in all reputations, only up to Competitive. They didn't never added Gamma so they're never going to add Disco either.

What it said before doesn't matter.
  • dariusturaldariustural Member Posts: 94 Arc User

It will give 2500 until you reach T5 with one character - then it will give 5000 for all.

3100 is you also do three hourly reps at 200 progression points per.
  • mbaldelli02909mbaldelli02909 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    The RTFOs need serious work, they are a morass plagued by AFK and other exploits, and even when everyone is actually doing the scenarios they are often shorthanded because of leavers (the ground ones especially) which can drag the non-timered scenarios out considerably. They need to do something like announce what the RTFO is on the accept or deny popup so people pass before the team is committed rather than half the people bailing in disgust when the scenario starts.

I am forced to admit, that sometimes I have to suffer as a leaver because of real-life obligations (mother's over 70 and has an extremely spastic border collie/mutt mix). However, I do have a suggestion on a better solution which I'm not sure can be incorporated in the game engine here.

On another MMO I play when leavers happen, the group can simply vote to re-open the TFO and get another random in to fill the position.

Because either that or we're stuck with the thought of making friends and going in as a group so that the sort of complaints you -- and others -- are sharing can be slaked.

• mbaldelli02909mbaldelli02909 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    On another MMO I play when leavers happen, the group can simply vote to re-open the TFO and get another random in to fill the position.
    The game originally worked like this, but the feature was removed due to people complaining about being thrown into "failed" TFOs, and getting the leaver penalty when they were "forced" to leave it because the group had failed the optional or w/e.

I am saddened to hear this... Then the poster I was responding should try to do it with PUGs less and make more friends.

warpangel wrote: »
    It does. Advertisment material binds the one advertising it's products.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,238 Community Moderator
    Vanguards are not going to be pre-sponsored in anything post Gamma Reputation.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    > @lexers615#4253 said:
    > warpangel wrote: »
    >
    > What it said before doesn't matter.
    >
    >
    >
    > It does. Advertisment material binds the one advertising it's products.

Yeah, we know that from what went down during the last patch. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    warpangel wrote: »
    It does. Advertisment material binds the one advertising it's products.
    Sort of. This is why there's legal "boiler plate" attached to ads. The boiler plate is equally legally binding as the ad.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    edited June 2019
    > @markhawkman said:
    > lexers615#4253 wrote: »
    >
    > warpangel wrote: »
    >
    > What it said before doesn't matter.
    >
    >
    >
    > It does. Advertisment material binds the one advertising it's products.
    >
    >
    >
    > Sort of. This is why there's legal "boiler plate" attached to ads. The boiler plate is equally legally binding as the ad.

Depends on the jurisdiction. In most around the world, fine prints smaller than a specific ratio of the size of the body text in an ad has no value. Sometimes it's half or a quarter. Still, last month, two different ticket responders agreed with me and the last one assured me it was added on some sort of to-do list for upcoming updates, and that all I had to do was to wait and see, but "raising this issue on the forum" could increase its priority. I had negative experience here so I waited. I did post something, read the above reply by badmoonrizin, and now the ticket responders say I misunderstood their initial response. So those liars most likely never even sent a single internal email regard my issue priorto telling me it was to be fixed, had had me waiting for a month for a fix that wasn't even planned in the first place contrary to what they had told me and all I get now is a cut and past unsincere canned apology. Cherry on top: the most recent responder was extremely arrogant and disrespectful. To me, the $6 on the Vanguard matters a lot less than having been tricked and lied to. Cryptic lost both my respect and trust, as all ticket responders initially had to do was to tell me the C-Store ad was out of date. But they chose to make something up in order to fake working hard for the players.

We're talking about false advertising and fraudulent behavior and what pisses me the most is learning this after having spent $80 or so and of course all plans for LTS went dinosaurs' way.
This discussion has been closed.