test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ground weapon DPS drops when I slot it to myself but not BOFFs - is this a bug?

smearcampaign#2565 smearcampaign Member Posts: 14 Arc User
Hi all

I don’t know if this is a bug or I’m doing something wrong. I bought the Phoenix Sompek pulsewave and upgraded it to MK XV, then went shooting on Nimbus. Didn’t deal the damage I expected. When I hovered over the weapon in my weapon slot, the DPS was lower than when it was in my inventory and the Phoenix store!

It showed about 150dps - about 50dps less than when it’s in the inventory. I tried slotting other weapons and the DPS reduced as soon as I slotted them. Returned to normal when returned to my inventory. I slotted the same weapons in a BOFF and the DPS was normal.

I’m baffled. What on Earth could I be doing that reduces the DPS as soon as I slot it?

It’s a level 65 Jem Hadar on KDF side. Jem Hadar shield / armour set. I had a shot of Ketracel and swapped some kit modules around but nothing had any effect. Thank you for any help you can share.

Answers

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Does your Captain have any Injuries? That could lower his/her effectiveness.

Also, check your traits.. perhaps they have unslotted themselves leaving you with a lower damage output.

Last thing I would check is your skill tree. See if you have the 'skills invalid' error, if so you should be able to respec for free.

Those are the first thoughts off the top of my head.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • smearcampaign#2565 smearcampaign Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    No injuries. Ground traits / rep traits were there. There was no error for the skill tree but I have reskilled it for ground anyway just in case. No effect.

It also flickers between two DPS figures, momentarily showing a higher one but nowhere near what it ought to be.

I’ve taken photos with both flickering DPS figures of:

A weapon in my inventory

Same one slotted to me with no other equipment or traits at all

Slotted to me but with my kit / shield armour / second weapon / traits / ground rep traits enabled

Slotted to one of my Jem’Hadar BOFFs (while I also have my kit / traits etc slotted)

Should I report it as a bug? Basically makes the character useless as I can’t do any effective ground missions with it.
    edited May 2019
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    This is very odd indeed.

My next assumption was that it was a bug with the weapon itself.

I use the Sompek Pulsewave on a couple of characters and I was unable to re-create this issue. I tried on 3 characters and on all 3 the weapon gives identical DPS ratings in my inventory as it does equipped, it also does the same DPS in the hands of a Bridge Officer.

I honestly don't know what would cause this.. it seems that something on your captain is giving you a penalty to your damage and outside of an injury I am not sure what would cause this. You might want to consider posting in the bug report section or opening a support ticket because I for one am stumped.
    Insert witty signature line here.
    Thanks for the insight. It’s all ground weapons not just that one though. Just used same one in the pics for a straight comparison.

I shall report it when I get home.