test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bozeman Impulse Engines Re-engineer waste

I just tried to re-engineer the Bozeman Impulse Engines, and wasted 11,000 Dilithium as it reset back to triple speed instead of the triple turn rate.

Comments

• darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    This isn't a bug but simply poor luck with RNG. If you mouse over a mod before rolling it, you will get a list of all the available mods that it could become each time you roll an individual mod. If for example I roll an [acc] mod on one of my beams, I am guaranteed for the purpose of that roll I will not get [acc] again since that's what I'm trying to get rid of. Let's suppose it gives me a [crth] mod when i press the roll button, but I really wanted [crtd]. When I press the roll button I am guaranteed that it will not come back up as a [crth], but it can however roll back into the previous [acc] mod since the [acc] mod isn't what was being rolled away. In a nutshell, you're guaranteed you will get a different mod than what you rolled, but this doesn't preclude the possibility of getting a mod you already rolled off in previous attempts again. As much as it sucks this is intended.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator