test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

KDF - Advice on what BIG ship to get

caio492caio492 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
edited May 2019 in The Shipyard
Hi there! Recently I posted here about best ground sets to farm for my KDF toon, now I would like to ask upon your help again.

One of the main reasons of building my KDF toon is because the main design and gameplay of its bigger starships, but among all the choices available, I'm a bit lost. (C-Store only)

Just to be clear, I have no problem using slow turning ships, beamboats and everything else.

With that said, I can't decide between the: Flagship Battle Cruisers (all variations), Command Battlecruisers (all variations), Negh'Tev, Kurak and the recently added Qoj Command Dreadnought (with the option to buy the pack).

I mainly play casualy and I don't crunch numbers in builds, but I would like to know your toughts on this segment of ships.

Thx big time for your help!!

Comments

• Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    If you want a large, imposing beam build ship.. the KDF Flagships are right up your alley. They are really great looking too.

The Kurak is a FANTASTIC ship, she looks as good as she performs with one of the most versitile layouts you can get. The Kurak is well suited to Beams or Cannons, the only thing she misses is the size you're looking for. The Kurak isn't tiny, but she's at best.. medium sized.

Personally, I am a big fan of the Qugh Miracle Worker Battlecruiser, but I understand her looks might not appeal to everyone. The Qugh is one of the best ships in the game hands down, and it's much larger then I thought it would be. Also a great ship for Beams or Cannons.

I would personally choose between one of those options.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I concur with who said to fly what you like the looks of. I don't play my KDF toons as much as I should, but I have no problems with whale ships. Some turning help and beams and you have a great broadsider.

Any ship in this game can get through any story content. For other things you may need to specialize a bit more, but not much.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Personally I recommend the Ty'Gokor, one of the command cruisers. It has enough turn rate to be amplified by consoles/sets to make it turn well enough for cannons and torpedoes if that suits your fancy. It is otherwise a big, tough ship and looks the part.
  • Options
    tvalavulcantvalavulcan Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    I am a big fan of the Qugh. I have one outfitted with beams and she does really good in it. I also have another alt in one with cannons. She is my first try at cannons and she is doing pretty good as well.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    Yea... in my experience the Neg'Tev, Vor'ral, and Qugh are good ships. I'm also flying a Sarco, but as that is a lockbox ship she will be harder to come by. The Qugh edges out over the Neg'Tev and Vor'ral because of one major factor. BATLLE CLOAK. If I didn't have a Sarco or the Fleet Vor'ral, I mgiht have mained the Qugh on my KDF.

The Qoj does look to be a pretty decent ship too. I don't have one yet, but considering how people have turned their opinions around on the Buran, and the fact that the Qoj has a Battle Cloak, might also be worth looking into.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I am a big fan of the Qugh. I have one outfitted with beams and she does really good in it. I also have another alt in one with cannons. She is my first try at cannons and she is doing pretty good as well.

She's a beast with both beams and cannons.

My KDF Rom is running one with cannons and it hits like a runaway truck. :smile:
    Insert witty signature line here.