test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Some QoL ideas

somtaawkharsomtaawkhar Member Posts: 10,222 Arc User
List em
  • Dedicated EV suit slot(they said its coming, but until its here)
  • Standardize the fleet holding transport menu so that all fleet holdings can access all other fleet holdings
  • Armada mail
  • Split of reputation active powers into ground and space
  • Specialization "loadouts" for ground and space
  • Some sort of filter for the C-store to show only Fed/KDF/Rom faction ships
  • Fix the DOFF mission sector space boundaries(better yet, just revamp the DOFF system. One of the devs has a revamp idea)
  • Tailor UI revamp so you can actually find things in there
  • Exchange UI revamp with more filters and better sorting options
  • Reputation UI revamp
  • UI revamp in general

*Edit*
  • Add some functionality to the Captain's Table
  • Clean out the quests for removed TFOs like Starbase 24 and Big Dig from the Available menu
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• alexanderb#7559 alexanderb Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    Better fleet/armada management in general would be fine as well, like:

- Able to see contributions of handles armada wide, without the need to check each fleet seperate
    - More filters on the rosters, as example, the abillity to filter on handle name, activity, etc.
    - Promoting / demoting / kicking for whole handles, instead of character only, this for fleet as well as armada wide
    - Possibility to ban handles, just kicking is not always enough
    - Abillity to block donations on resource level seperate, also the abillity to block for donations from within the fleet. At the moment you can only block incoming donations from other fleets in the armada, for certain slots.
    - Better way to set MoTD, messages by holdings, etc. Now you don't have a cursor to see at which place in the text you are, which makes it difficult to edit this.
    - Make a tab for fleet/armada rules

There are probably more things i can't come up with now.
  • velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    Vanity Pet Tab or Vanity Pet Reclaimability would be very useful with the limited space we have.
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,015 Community Moderator
    velqua wrote: »
    Vanity Pet Tab or Vanity Pet Reclaimability would be very useful with the limited space we have.

This! Very much this! I got somewhere around 40 non combat pets in my bank.
    • Add some functionality to the Captain's Table

Also this. Even AnbassadorKael has said there's nothing there!
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,451 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    1. Have the Available missions tab renamed to the Side Missions tab and the non-side missions placed in their own tab called Dailies.

2. Have the side mission episodes displayed in the correct chronological order in the Available tab. They are currently out of order (this affects the order of the Kobali arc as well). Also, add back the art that they used to have when they were part of the Mission Journal, so that the tab looks similar to the Mission Journal in that regard and looks more polished.

3. Add back the New Romulus ground missions (not the ones from the reputation) back into the Available tab, for the Atlai, Hwael Ruins, Vastam Peaks, Paehhos Crater, etc. At least one or more factions (fractions) have them but not everyone.

4. Fixing all messed up cutscenes in missions in both the Available missions tab as well as in the Mission Journal. As well as reducing un-skippable cutscenes and making most cutscenes skippable for both missions and TFOs.

5. Fixing the overlap of Eraun's and Weyoun's voiceovers in Operation Gamma (as well as other episodes that have this problem in the Available missions tab).

6. Ditto on the pet tab

7. Getting rid of references to Starbase 24 and Big Dig from the Available tab as well as any other references to deleted content in that section.

8. Clean up the Fed, Romulan, KDF, DSC, Dominion, TOS - Info tabs, since there is an entry which when you click on it says Episodes available for replay: To Be Filled In and has no episodes listed even though they are to be filled in but have not been.

9. Look at the algorithm so there is less RNG in completing certain accolades like It Belongs In A Museum for the mission Vorgon Conclusions, a counter or a tracker for the 2013 Winter Event accolade Gingerbuddy (currently there is no way to know if one if the accolade is in progress since it does not keep track with numbers how many gingerbread men in the Winter Invasion have been rescued, an algorithm change for the Summer Event accolade In A Geological Sense... so one can the ones that the character needs to complete an accolade and not getting the ones that the character already has , and I don't notice any others. Also, make sure all accolades are able to be currently completed and look at the categories and recategorize some of the accolades or add titles so things are better organized. It is better now than it was before but still needs improvement.

10. Speaking of the summer event, make sure that the artifact hunt scanner works or use the tricorder (by pressing v) as a secondary option in order to locate artifacts since the hot/cold scanner is not very reliable on ground but is slightly reliable in the air while using a floater.
    Post edited by sthe91 on
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    [*] Dedicated EV suit slot(they said its coming, but until its here)
    Add to that the ability to customize EV suit visuals. Perhaps also add an EV vanity/visual slot since mixing EV suit "parts" like arms, head etc in the costume creator isn't practical.
    [*]Exchange UI revamp with more filters and better sorting options.
    Would be most welcome. Doff traits and active doff abilities would be much easier to find.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    List em
    • Dedicated EV suit slot(they said its coming, but until its here) Heck yes, about dammed time.
    • Standardize the fleet holding transport menu so that all fleet holdings can access all other fleet holdings Again, why is this not a thing already? I know they got added at different times but did nobody think to maybe unify the transport links?
    • Armada mail Would be a nice addition and helpful too.
    • Split of reputation active powers into ground and space Absolutely yes.
    • Specialization "loadouts" for ground and space Again, absolutely yes.
    • Some sort of filter for the C-store to show only Fed/KDF/Rom faction ships Why is this not a thing already?!?!
    • Fix the DOFF mission sector space boundaries(better yet, just revamp the DOFF system. One of the devs has a revamp idea)
    • Tailor UI revamp so you can actually find things in there
    • Exchange UI revamp with more filters and better sorting options
    • Reputation UI revamp
    • UI revamp in general

SulMatuul.png
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Count me in for a vanity pet tab.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • dumas13dumas13 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    How about making elite marks no longer take up inventory space? We have so many reps now that they practically take up a whole pack's worth of inventory/bank slots.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Stacking increase for Ground and Space Consumables.

Remove Doff requirements from remaining Reputation Projects.

Claim Admiralty Cards seperately from Ships.

This suggestion from above:
    'Abillity to block donations on resource level seperate, also the abillity to block for donations from within the fleet. At the moment you can only block incoming donations from other fleets in the armada, for certain slots.'

Is this to prevent those that slot Fleet Projects from filling all the Resources except Dilitium or Doffs before any one else gets a shot?

Remove the Binding on any Crafting Materials (from problem a few months ago).
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    ltminns wrote: »
    Stacking increase for Ground and Space Consumables.

This suggestion from above:
    'Abillity to block donations on resource level seperate, also the abillity to block for donations from within the fleet. At the moment you can only block incoming donations from other fleets in the armada, for certain slots.'

Is this to prevent those that slot Fleet Projects from filling all the Resources except Dilitium or Doffs before any one else gets a shot?

It can be for different reasons, one of them is what you said. What we have in our fleet, is that we sometimes open project what are not really important, just so people can get rid of a certain resource. So it would be nice if we can block the other resources, what are not important to fill in that project, but what has a greater importance for another project. So that way we can better direct the fleet members to fill the resources in the right order of priority.

It can be for different reasons, one of them is what you said. What we have in our fleet, is that we sometimes open project what are not really important, just so people can get rid of a certain resource. So it would be nice if we can block the other resources, what are not important to fill in that project, but what has a greater importance for another project. So that way we can better direct the fleet members to fill the resources in the right order of priority.

But that doesn't address the underlying issue of why people aren't donating those resources in the first place. Its basically reversing the circumstances while maintaining the problem. People don't want to donate DOffs because its tedious or they don't have any DOffs to spare, and people are more reluctant to donate Dilithium because of needing it for upgrades, Rep items, Fleet gear, zen...

Everything else fills up quickly because those resources are easier to come by. Dilithium is pretty much used everywhere, so people are less inclined to want to donate it to a fleet project when they could shoot for gold plating a weapon or buying some fleet gear. ESPECIALLY considering the quantities fleet projects ask for, even if we include a maxed out Dilithium Mine giving a discount.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    rattler2 wrote: »

But that doesn't address the underlying issue of why people aren't donating those resources in the first place. Its basically reversing the circumstances while maintaining the problem. People don't want to donate DOffs because its tedious or they don't have any DOffs to spare, and people are more reluctant to donate Dilithium because of needing it for upgrades, Rep items, Fleet gear, zen...

Everything else fills up quickly because those resources are easier to come by. Dilithium is pretty much used everywhere, so people are less inclined to want to donate it to a fleet project when they could shoot for gold plating a weapon or buying some fleet gear. ESPECIALLY considering the quantities fleet projects ask for, even if we include a maxed out Dilithium Mine giving a discount.

I know, but it gives some more control for filling the most important projects first, while also giving the possibility for players to donate other resources, which are not the ones that are almost left over to fill, such as dilithium.

The devs are more than welcome to do something about the underlaying problem, but to be honest, I don't think they are going to do that. So that's why I shoot for a solution to priorities resource donation in fleet projects, so we have at least something to get the donations on the right places.
    I don't see how blocking access to other donations solves the problem. If anything... things will just stay stagnant as they are now while blocking people from getting fleet credits.

Either way it doesn't solve the problem. And honestly you can already block people from donating those easier resources... by filling them in yourself. So... how is it prioritizing anything if the result is the same?
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I don't see how blocking access to other donations solves the problem. If anything... things will just stay stagnant as they are now while blocking people from getting fleet credits.

Either way it doesn't solve the problem. And honestly you can already block people from donating those easier resources... by filling them in yourself. So... how is it prioritizing anything if the result is the same?

Like I said, it doesn't solve the problem, it just give some more control from a fleet management side.

Like for example, I do see now and than players fill the dilithium in a project that isn't really important to be filled for that moment, while there is also a project that has a high importancy, also needing dilithium. Than I think (as fleet leader), aarghh.. why you do that? Please fill the important project first, before doing other projects.
    Now I can block that whole project, which isn't an important one for that moment, but for example that project can possibly also need resources that are only needed for that project and not for other projects.
    So I like to keep those resource slots open, but block the one for dilithium in this example.
    That way, players can still fill this open resources, but can be encouraged to put the dilithium in the project which has a higher importancy.

• dongemaharudongemaharu Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    Pet tab for separate pet storage. Where do they expect us to keep all these things after all these years?
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    In the Soylent Green Tanks?
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    As compulsive as this sounds, fix the sliders on fleet holdings when donating EC and Dil so that we can donate specific amounts.

Add countdown timers that are visible from anywhere for everything that has a lockout/cooldown (like the daily mark bonus and event cooldowns) so that I don't have to go all the way to the Academy to find out that I can't do a lifetime refine or cadet project or submit request for doffs with the personnel manager.

And, in the utterly wishful thinking category - add npcs or terminals that allow us to do all our dailies in one location. I can live with running all over ESD or the Academy, but can't we have all of the bank, mail, exchange, recruitment, contraband trade in, vendors, lifetime dil refiner, commendation in one map change location? I can live with the dil mine refiner and R&D daily project at those specific holdings, but do all the others need to be spread between Starbase, Academy, and ESD (or Qonos).
This discussion has been closed.