test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unofficial Literary Challenge #50 Discussion Thread

starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,914 Arc User
This is the discussion thread for Unofficial Literary Challenge #50: "King Redux the Fifth".

As usual, be honest and polite.
"Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
— Sabaton, "Great War"
VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/

Comments

• hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,368 Arc User
    Has anyone got anything going?
    USS%2BRagnarok%2B2.jpg
    I plan to write something, though just need to find some time.
    USS%2BRagnarok%2B2.jpg
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 8,993 Arc User
    I'm blocked. I've got an idea (DSC captain McCoin working with SI Admiral Grunt to swipe plans for Terran Imperial version of the Crossfield, accidentally manages to steal an entire ship), but for some reason the story's just not coming out.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
    edited May 2019
    lol, nice. I could see the character conflict between the two with one guy "really not okay with how things are going."

Maybe work backward, and decide what'd be an interesting climax or conclusion to reach.
    Post edited by hawku001x on
    USS%2BRagnarok%2B2.jpg
  • wombat140wombat140 Member Posts: 963 Arc User
    We appear to not have this month's LC or indeed last month's? Is this normal?
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,914 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    I've slowed down the LCs for the last while because participation has been low, thinking I could give people more time to get their stories in. The First Contact one getting that many entries was an anomaly. (Plus I've been kind of annoyed with the game and devs lately. Losing the Foundry was pretty demoralizing.)

I'm going to try to put up #51 tomorrow.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/