test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PSA: Upgrade Weekend starts after the patch.

seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
It's not in the official announcements yet, but it's up on Twitter.. and anyone that follows the in game calender already knows but..

This weekend is an upgrade weekend. You have until maintenance starts to stock up on any Phoenix Kits you need before the Upgrade bonus kicks in. Once maintenance starts, the Phoenix Boxes are gone.

Last chance to get your Phoenix Upgrades before the bonus kicks in.. get them now. Given that this is only the 2nd upgrade weekend we have had this year so far.. it's looking like these are going to be rare going forward.

Take advantage while you can. Good luck with your upgrades!! :smile:
Insert witty signature line here.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Oh thanks for the reminder mate.

Even though this is the top weekend we have I almost forgot about it as it’s a first time for me I actually don’t have stuff I realy need to upgrade.

Conditions however (inventory full of phoenix + double points applied) are so good that I will likely upgrade items I only might need or could use in the future.

Hope peeps make the best of it. B)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I actually don’t have stuff I realy need to upgrade.

I can honestly say I have never been in that position.. ever. :lol:
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User

I'm bit of altholic so it's probably impossible for me to be in that position. That said I'm probably gonna save some of my Phoenix stuff for the DSC legends rep. Some of that gear looks like it could be nice for tanking/general survival.

Oh you are one of those who play smart, plan ahead and comprehend the game as a whole. You will get there.

Probably just a question of Spartan’s and Bort’s persistency to shake up game rules game rules for scrubs. :p
    animated.gif
    edited May 2019
    spiritborn wrote: »

I'm bit of altholic so it's probably impossible for me to be in that position. That said I'm probably gonna save some of my Phoenix stuff for the DSC legends rep. Some of that gear looks like it could be nice for tanking/general survival.

I remember when the upgrade system was new it was overwhelming. Hehe, no phoenix or upgrade weekends either.

The very only way to tend to it reasonably on my toon-gang was to plan ahead long time by:

1) Knowing what I want to do with a toon (Cannons, Beams, Torps, EPG, Tank, Support).
    2) Find out what’s the best stuff to get! That’s the #1 service the STO League provides
    3) Have patience in the knowledge that I’m in game constantly and can play the economy to my advantage.

You will get there too I’m sure and if you need help always ask Shim. That’s what a fleet is for. :)

As for tanking stuff in PvE there is not that much to upgrade compared to a regular DPS boat luckily.

You could get:

1) One or two hull repairing weapon signature amplifier from the embassy
    2) Two or three protomatter tac consoles from fleet colony
    3) Cooperative reput space set 3 piece (shield engine core)
    4) https://sto.gamepedia.com/Console_-_Universal_-_Reiterative_Structural_Capacitor from past event
    5) or the Console - Universal - Protomatter Field Projector from past lukari event ship
    6) Dynamic power redistributor (sadly expencive from a lock box ship)
    Post edited by peterconnorfirst on
    animated.gif
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User

Oh you are one of those who play smart, plan ahead and comprehend the game as a whole. You will get there.

Probably just a question of Spartan’s and Bort’s persistency to shake up game rules game rules for scrubs. :p

Haha.. that's kind of you.. thanks.

I am just always changing my builds so I usually have items that I have rotated in that need to be upgraded. I also used to not really worry about by ground stuff until I started doing the regular ground Elites, now I am always upgrading ground stuff too.

I am also cheap and don't do any upgrades if it's not an upgrade weekend, so I pretty much haven't upgraded an item since January. :lol:

I am also cheap and don't do any upgrades if it's not an upgrade weekend, so I pretty much haven't upgraded an item since January. :lol:

Best thing one can do. :)
    animated.gif
This discussion has been closed.